• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What is coming 16.09.24??

Well... I didn't see that coming.
Couldn't help myself 😂 - should have been this Friday but now being told 'probably' October.

All in good spirits - what's another few weeks? 🤷‍♂️

Doesn't look at all like an SUV. Add this imagery to the one with the electric rear spoiler, and this is starting to look like it may actually be the Type 135.

Still say Lemans Race car project. Type 135 won't be released until 2026. They haven't event released base pricing for Emira.

The reason I think Lemans is they are sitting at 9 wins in all there history. Would be cool to hit #10. Less capital intensive than getting into F1 or Formula E.

Same energy.

1726074253094.jpeg

Lotus is a letdown. Full Chinese EV brand now that resembles nothing any of us enjoyed about them at one point. The Emira is the last resemblance of their past.

Implied carbon fiber and a racing style steering wheel. Formula E makes the most sense. Lotus return to racing in the EV era. Type 135 would be surprising and risky given the current environment.

I was also thinking this was the bespoke program but now I’m wondering if it’s actually Type 135. They did say Type 135 would be unveiled this year.

Looking at it on that clip - I now understand where all the money's gone... ;)

Exciting stuff!

I was also thinking this was the bespoke program but now I’m wondering if it’s actually Type 135. They did say Type 135 would be unveiled this year.
Won't be TYP 135. Lotus just told investors that it would be delayed by at least a year. The 1H presentation now says TYP 135 (New Model 2) won't launch until 2026 with deliveries in 2027.

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 6.35.29 PM.png

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back