Who here has tracked their Emira?

Blackthought_

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone here track their Emira? If so, did you track the car 100% stock or did you upgrade parts? Particularly interested if you changed out the brake fluid, pads, tires, etc.

Thanks!

This was with PCA (Porsche Club of America). All run groups have to give a point by to pass. The general rule is to point by to the inside of the next turn, ideally early in the straight, not late as some did. I could have waved it off but I wanted to work on my off line cornering so it was good practice. I think the cup 2s are bidirectional but they do have an outside and an inside. So they are asymmetrical but bidirectional.

Looking forward to going to NJMP, as well as well as Watkins Glenn, and pocono next year. We will see what my schedule and budget allows. A trailer will definitely open up my radius of available tracks

I love NJMP Thunderbolt

I did Summit Main. It was awesome. First time there or doing a real track day. I think the fastest I went was 132mph before braking into turn 1, probably still overslowing the car on turn 10 (among many other areas) so there’s more to be had. Played with dropping to 2nd or keeping it in 3rd for turn 1 and turn 5, 3rd seemed just as fast and less work so usually stuck with that. Car did great, no issues other than eating through the front pads half way through day 2. Changed to EBC blues and pushed on. So easy to change pads I’m going to run track and street setups going forward. Other learnings… probably shoulda rotated my tires as I wore the left side a fair bit more than the right but I’ll factor that in to my next track day. Hope this was the first of many. Would like to get buckets and a half cage or harness bar because it was work keeping myself in the seat at times. Season is wrapping up in the Northeast. I took some potato quality video of my last session. This was a novice group so don’t judge me or the cars I pass too harshly. I’ve run this track many many times in I racing. It was so cool to get to lap it in real life. Buckets, harnesses, half cage, track wheels, track pad’s, probably a trailer in the future… God help my wallet. I’m hooked.
I could see you sliding about in the seat. I was thinking to myself. "There is a potential customer"

I did Summit Main. It was awesome. First time there or doing a real track day. I think the fastest I went was 132mph before braking into turn 1, probably still overslowing the car on turn 10 (among many other areas) so there’s more to be had. Played with dropping to 2nd or keeping it in 3rd for turn 1 and turn 5, 3rd seemed just as fast and less work so usually stuck with that. Car did great, no issues other than eating through the front pads half way through day 2. Changed to EBC blues and pushed on. So easy to change pads I’m going to run track and street setups going forward. Other learnings… probably shoulda rotated my tires as I wore the left side a fair bit more than the right but I’ll factor that in to my next track day. Hope this was the first of many. Would like to get buckets and a half cage or harness bar because it was work keeping myself in the seat at times. Season is wrapping up in the Northeast. I took some potato quality video of my last session. This was a novice group so don’t judge me or the cars I pass too harshly. I’ve run this track many many times in I racing. It was so cool to get to lap it in real life. Buckets, harnesses, half cage, track wheels, track pad’s, probably a trailer in the future… God help my wallet. I’m hooked.
I fitted Cup 2 to my Sport Emira I4 (not LTS version). The front left showed significantly more wear than front right and would go higher pressure and hotter during the session.

The Cup 2 can be swapped left to right and I did that later.

For me personally, it felt like a good compromise to start the session about 3psi below recommended (tyres wouldn’t be cold as was fairly hot day and not too long between sessions) and maybe 2 to 3psi over recommended by the end of the session. Didn’t like the feel when I reduced the tyre pressures below this level, didn’t feel good at the start of the session. I’m no expert, nor am I particularly fast, just my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back