Who here has tracked their Emira?

Blackthought_

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone here track their Emira? If so, did you track the car 100% stock or did you upgrade parts? Particularly interested if you changed out the brake fluid, pads, tires, etc.

Just returned from a track day at Summit Point and have some comments and observations. For background I have raced formula cars and sports racing cars for many years and am very familiar with the track. In the first session I went out with the stock tire pressures 29 front, 32 rear. After the session the tires were 35 front and 40 rear. I was shocked, but I don’t really have experience with driving a car this heavy….formula car would increase 2-3 psi. The rear of the car moved around a lt under breaking. Dropped the pressures to 32-34 hot and the car was generally much better but still squirrelly in the rear. Has anyone else had a pressure increase of this magnitude?
With the rear moving around so much my first thought is there is too much rear brake bias. Not adjustable as far as I know. Anyone else have this issue? In general the car is pretty neutral and turns in well. I have the touring suspension and different shocks and some shock tuning could substantially increase the handling qualities on the track.
Yes, had the same thing on both the original F1 and the Cup 2 I fitted (not LTS version). Hot pressures could jump a lot. I don’t remember exactly, but the rise was significant. First session with F1 and the pressures jumped at least 8psi.

At 1 stage I brought the (cold) pressures down a bit too much and I didn’t like the feeling (Cup 2). For me at least, I think a hot pressure about 3psi (circa 0.2bar) higher than stock pressures at the end of the session felt best to me, (circa 3psi under stock at the beginning, but tyres wouldn’t be completely cold).

The outside of my front left tyre (Cup 2) was getting guitar a bit hotter (more pressure rise too) than the rest and getting more chewed up too. Can’t figure out why. I recently slightly lowered my I4 Emira (moving shock circlips on standard shock), so will have to check the Geo. now swapped the cup 2 left to right.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back