• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

2025 Model Year Emira?

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm when Lotus typically moves from one model year to the next and/or when the Emira 2025 models will start rolling off the assembly line?

I recognize they could theoretically start 2025 model year cars on Jan 1 2024, but most car companies don’t make the switch until later in the year.

Can anyone confirm when Lotus typically moves from one model year to the next and/or when the Emira 2025 models will start rolling off the assembly line?

I recognize they could theoretically start 2025 model year cars on Jan 1 2024, but most car companies don’t make the switch until later in the year.
Lotus has promised the delayed Auto V6 FE and I4 FE cars will be 2025, but they won't start producing those until later. I am guessing they will continue to make 2024 cars for a few more months into 2024. Just a guess though. We can monitor the NHTSA website for 2025 vin decoder document submission, which would signal the start of 2025 car importation into the US.

The more important question is - what will be the updates for the 2025 model year and when will we hear about them? Should start hearing rumblings much sooner than the actual 2025 production timeline during 2024.

Just because North America didnt get its cars till 2024 doesnt mean the model trim/features remain stagnant as UK was getting their cars since 2022. Unrelated to production delays between different transmissions/engines - In 2023 we got the FE 1.0. in 2024 we got the FE 2.0 globally.

What updates are we going to get for the 2025 MY? Any confirmed fixes to common reliability issues? Will it be just the switch to the Base models from FE? No special editions in its 3rd year? Even 4th year considering its 2022 launch in Europe. If no updates for the 2025 MY - that would be anti-climactic for the global market.

I dont count 2022 as a proper model year but if we count that too, 2025 will be Emira's 4th model year already, ignoring the initial production issues. We should expect and push Lotus as consumers to improve the reliability by this time. Along with exciting new features, editions and colours to keep the model fresh, globally.

Lotus has promised the delayed Auto V6 FE and I4 FE cars will be 2025, but they won't start producing those until later. I am guessing they will continue to make 2024 cars for a few more months into 2024. Just a guess though. We can monitor the NHTSA website for 2025 vin decoder document submission, which would signal the start of 2025 car importation into the US.
They are definitely producing the i4 and V6 auto cars right now, but I guess just not being delivered yet.

The first batch of I4's coming over to the USA seem to VIN decode to 2024.

A minor and not significant item I guess... just curious is the VIN decoder correct?

I have no idea if lotus "promised" anything...though they should never be using that P word ever again :)

The first batch of I4's coming over to the USA seem to VIN decode to 2024.

A minor and not significant item I guess... just curious is the VIN decoder correct?

I have no idea if lotus "promised" anything...though they should never be using that P word ever again :)
I know a few people here with VIN’s in the 4000-4500 batch of KM’s. We have been notified they are in transport and will be delivered in early October/November depending on VIN. All confirm same timeline and told by their own dealers, which were all different dealerships. FE’s I4’s & FE V6 autos will all be 2024. I have heard from many sources that FE’s will not be in the 2025 MY.

I know a few people here with VIN’s in the 4000-4500 batch of KM’s. We have been notified they are in transport and will be delivered in early October/November depending on VIN. All confirm same timeline and told by their own dealers, which were all different dealerships. FE’s I4’s & FE V6 autos will all be 2024. I have heard from many sources that FE’s will not be in the 2025 MY.
I can confirm. I just contacted my dealer and received my VIN. It's showing up as a 2024 V6 Auto/Manual, which is disappointing considering the email they sent back in January stating the "good news" that it was going to be a 2025.

They did. I have an email saying the delayed V6 automatics would all be MY2025. But it’s no surprise that Lotus said one thing and is doing another.

I have a friend getting the auto and he also has the email stating MY25. He was told the car has been built and I think has shipped so arriving soon like others have stated. He asked the dealer about the year and was told it is MY24 and Lotus will not provide any response about why the change. Pretty lame in my opinion

I’d be happy if there were no changes other that less issues and hurry up with the Colin Chapman project range of upgrades. I’d sooner spec my own car than pay through the nose for a special edition just to say it’s an S or R with minor changes.

I have a friend getting the auto and he also has the email stating MY25. He was told the car has been built and I think has shipped so arriving soon like others have stated. He asked the dealer about the year and was told it is MY24 and Lotus will not provide any response about why the change. Pretty lame in my opinion
My FE v6/auto was on the 9/15 boat, and I confirmed it is an MY24. I reached out to the dealership, and they weren't made aware of the change from MY25 back to MY24 either. It seems like corporate is to blame on this one.

It looks like theres going to be at least packages differences between the UK version and the US version. The UK pricing is out for base and going through it their options read a lot more like the FE configurator than the current US configurator.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back