• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Another breakdown! Id happily have my money back now

So sorry to hear your troubles...I will be taking my CTEK charger and a lithium ion booster with me on the NC500 just in case off the back of this...it seems that 90% of the problems people have had with their cars are battery related.

If I might just add...have you considered changing your handle name? can't imagine it is helping with the Karma.

I just don’t get it. Most of the heavy lifting parts are from the Evora GT. I legitimately expected the thing to just piece together like Lego.
Less than 10 parts are carried over from the Evora. Everything else is new designs, new parts and/or new suppliers. Getting the price down by 15-20k compared to the final Evora didn’t just happen by increasing the production volume.

Less than 10 parts are carried over from the Evora. Everything else is new designs, new parts and/or new suppliers. Getting the price down by 15-20k compared to the final Evora didn’t just happen by increasing the production volume.
How’s the price now?

So sorry to hear your troubles...I will be taking my CTEK charger and a lithium ion booster with me on the NC500 just in case off the back of this...it seems that 90% of the problems people have had with their cars are battery related.

If I might just add...have you considered changing your handle name? can't imagine it is helping with the Karma.
By that logic,I shall change it to Lotto_Winner.

In fairness,mine didn't skip a beat on the NC500, it was a joy to drive and issue free.
I hope its the same for Switzerland next month...

Thanks Gregg.

Few non related issues also identifed when plugged in:

Screenshot_20230519_064224_Gmail.jpg

With all these seemly battery-related issues, does anyone have experience with portable chargers? Something I could charge up at home, then leave it in the boot for an emergency? I don't drive much, day to day, as i WFH. My Merc complains after about a month of not doing a 30 min or more drive. This Lotus looks like it will shit the bed after a week.

I have had something like this for a decade now...it is constantly getting me out of battery troubles from my ride on mower to my LR discovery and aston martin...works a treat if you just have a flat battery and only need a boost to start the car and let the alternator do its thing

d6cdd3c3-3de0-4808-8011-5e3b9edacece.png

I have had something like this for a decade now...it is constantly getting me out of battery troubles from my ride on mower to my LR discovery and aston martin...works a treat if you just have a flat battery and only need a boost to start the car and let the alternator do its thing

d6cdd3c3-3de0-4808-8011-5e3b9edacece.png
Thanks. Is this a conditioner too? What’s the make/brand, I’ll look it up

Thanks. Is this a conditioner too? What’s the make/brand, I’ll look it up
No...it doesnt condition or trickle...I have the Cteks for that. it is purely a booster to use to start up the car when your battery is flat...usually also comes with a very bright led torch...my model is below but this is quite old and Im sure there are better ones on the market now

Attachments

• tempImageEvWQem.png
    tempImageEvWQem.png
    952.8 KB · Views: 23
  • tempImagewKr79P.png
    tempImagewKr79P.png
    687.1 KB · Views: 24
  • tempImage0zAXpE.png
    tempImage0zAXpE.png
    742.1 KB · Views: 20
I’m actually surprised so many owners need to actually charge/top/condition up the battery. Never had to do it myself. Drive it twice a week, never had any warning light issues 🤞

I drive my GTI ~4-6k miles a year and never use a battery tender. It sometimes sits for 1-2 weeks without being driven. I've never had a dead battery.

I’m actually surprised so many owners need to actually charge/top/condition up the battery. Never had to do it myself. Drive it twice a week, never had any warning light issues 🤞
It’s when people leave it for weeks without driving it is the issue.