• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Another breakdown! Id happily have my money back now

Perhaps the thread should be renamed or locked. Pretty off topic now from the op's post...
Posts about Emira reliability and discussion of the issues with the OP's car kept in this thread. Posts about Emira performance moved to here:

That's really poor. I don't know what to say. Have they given you any kind of acknowledgment at all? I'd be demanding to speak to someone further up the food chain.

8 days later and its still in my garage with no date set for it to go into Lotus to be resolved.

Absolute poor service

Wow.. sorry to read this. I can only imagine how painful ownership might be outside of the UK where dealers are scarce.

Wow.. sorry to read this. I can only imagine how painful ownership might be outside of the UK where dealers are scarce.
Soon its 2 months while dealer tries to solve the engine fault issue, Lotus is failing to help and they do not have inhouse expertise. 6 months waiting for leaking rear hatch replacement. No luck yet.

Soon its 2 months while dealer tries to solve the engine fault issue, Lotus is failing to help and they do not have inhouse expertise. 6 months waiting for leaking rear hatch replacement. No luck yet.

Oh yeah.. You had the issue where water got in the hatch and froze right? Didn't they tell you to drill holes in it? 😕

Oh yeah.. You had the issue where water got in the hatch and froze right? Didn't they tell you to drill holes in it? 😕
Yes. Havent drilled any holes despite suggestion, hoepfully Lotus delivers replacement hatch one day.

Have done 2 k. km in it and really like the car, but still considering to offload it asap after getting fixed. Ownership experience is not just about product and brand image. Reliability and technical support if required do matter. I got impression that Lotus doesn’t care a s*hit about its dealers business. For me as customer its lesson learned, tuition fees paid and life goes on. :) Don’t envy dealer employees, who are nice people and are trying to do their best.

question for the group or maybe a new thread: Any early adopters of the Elise or Evora on here? What was your experience with Lotus service and support for the first year gremlins?

Early Evora. Fewer gremlins and much better service. That was under the old UK dealer model, back when the dealers had much more influence and a closer relationship with aftersales at the factory.

I’m not sure aftersales has scaled up to take account of the higher volume of cars, let alone for the seemingly higher volume of issues. Customer Care are fronting it and we’ve seen how overwhelmed they are.

Early Evora. Fewer gremlins and much better service. That was under the old UK dealer model, back when the dealers had much more influence and a closer relationship with aftersales at the factory.

I’m not sure aftersales has scaled up to take account of the higher volume of cars, let alone for the seemingly higher volume of issues. Customer Care are fronting it and we’ve seen how overwhelmed they are.
Customer care seems to have seen a 100% turnover from some of the rumors we have seen. Sounds like a reorg of some kind. No wonder everything went to shit.

Perhaps they should have increased orders and sales volume for the i4 variant at the plant in China and kept the V6 as a “special order” option. A hybrid i4 would be pretty sweet - crazy torque at the wheels for jumping off or powering out of turns.

Customer care seems to have seen a 100% turnover from some of the rumors we have seen. Sounds like a reorg of some kind. No wonder everything went to shit.
It's a completely new team.

question for the group or maybe a new thread: Any early adopters of the Elise or Evora on here? What was your experience with Lotus service and support for the first year gremlins?
Had an early S1 Elise & now an Emira. Elise had no issues early on - only major ones in 70k miles were head gasket and wearing ball joints. My Emira fortunately has been great too (touch wood) but the vast majority of issues seem to relate to electronics- cars have got far too complex and hence bringing issues. We moved from dreadful quality in 1970’s through to decent quality around 2000 and too much complexity today. As for customer service it comes down to who you talk to. Anyway even if a Porsche or whatever was 50% more reliable I would never do the swap (actually had a Cayman before my Evora and it wasn’t particularly reliable and had none of the appeal to me vs a Lotus, boring looking car with nothing like the ride / handling balance or feel). The Emira is a special car

I got Exige V6 in 2013, so it was early production. No issues when new and it was reliable for 8 years while I had it.

2005 Elise. No gremlins during my ownership - sold in 2014. No problems with Lotus service. Lots of mods. Drove the absolute hell out of it on track. One of very few cars I wish I'd never sold.

I love to hear it. For the record too. If anyone remembers the Elise Launch was a cluster not unlike the Emira, the Evora year 1 bs Y2 also a cluster. So we know that Lotus will flub the launch in spectacular fashion and then deliver something special. The Hethel V6 cars will get sorted and will be absolutely awesome . 👍🏻

06’ Elise with almost 15k miles on it. Besides being super brittle (things like to come off, but you can snap it back on) it’s pretty solid thanks to the drive train. Replaced the speaker and the head unit (fairly common) since the speaker will somewhat melt and look disgusting in the front, but still functions properly.