• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Any other young buyers?

@2BIG2FAIL So just reading through these... so far there have only been 2 people still under 30 years old and in the US? I would say we could start the world's smallest club, but it is almost as far from me to you as it is from me to Hethel :LOL: kind of puts the size of the continental US into perspective. We probably wont bump into each other on the road anytime soon ha
Im in the midwest, and 28. Will likely be 29 before I have my hands on the car but it’ll be worth the wait (probably also better to save up for a larger down payment with the current rates). You guys can meet halfway with the Under 30 Emira club hq in the midwest! Will try to use the Emira as my primary car (not technically a daily cuz I’ll be working from home by the time I get it). Haven’t reached out to insurance companies yet but I pay about 1k for my Stinger GT and wife’s Rubicon. Expecting that to double just about with the Emira.

Im in the midwest, and 28. Will likely be 29 before I have my hands on the car but it’ll be worth the wait (probably also better to save up for a larger down payment with the current rates). You guys can meet halfway with the Under 30 Emira club hq in the midwest! Will try to use the Emira as my primary car (not technically a daily cuz I’ll be working from home by the time I get it). Haven’t reached out to insurance companies yet but I pay about 1k for my Stinger GT and wife’s Rubicon. Expecting that to double just about with the Emira.
Perfect, we have a headquarters and our numbers are multiplying like crazy already! I'd be surprised if Lotus USA doesnt ask us to be official representatives for the brand!

Perfect, we have a headquarters and our numbers are multiplying like crazy already! I'd be surprised if Lotus USA doesnt ask us to be official representatives for the brand!
It would be foolish for them bot to quite honestly! What color are the USA guys thinking? It would be sweet if we could the full spectrum in the club.

Is this everyone’s first Lotus? (referring to those in the younger group)

Lotus-Esprit-James-bond-2W.jpg

If Lotus still sells this as an option, it could be helpful in a getaway. I'll have to call my local rep and see.
Elon actually owns that one. Think he paid 7 figures for it

It would be foolish for them bot to quite honestly! What color are the USA guys thinking? It would be sweet if we could the full spectrum in the club.

Depending on how they handle FE vs FE 2.0 and when/ if the new colors ever get released, I'd ideally like a dark blue. If that isnt an option, I am going Seneca with just the lower black pack.

First Lotus for me, and first/ possibly only new car, period! Always bought used before. I have test driven a good amount of other cars in a similar league, but never personally owned a high performance sports car. I've owned an STi and modded MS6.

I thought I was young then looked at this thread
I don't necessarily think I'm 'young' these days (in my mid 30s) but I figured I may be in the 'younger half' of Emira buyers. This thread does make me feel old as well, though. Still young at heart and feel like I'm 25 physically so I guess there's that. Hope all the 'young' Emira buyers love their car. I couldn't imagine having bought a car like this in my early-to-mid 20s but I'm excited for those that are able to do so :) I had MR2s and an RX8 in those yesteryears. Too bad the RX8 was horribly underpowered--it was otherwise a fantastic handling and looking vehicle.

First Lotus and second car, lucky me. I will be ~25 when I take delivery; bought a BMW 230i at the beginning of 2022 and told myself "I can't ever see myself wanting a nicer car than that," but alas, here I am. Probably going to go Shadow Grey. I think there is already obviously a stigma around young men driving flashy cars, so hopefully a bit more of a muted color counteracts that slightly, ha.

I don't necessarily think I'm 'young' these days (in my mid 30s) but I figured I may be in the 'younger half' of Emira buyers. This thread does make me feel old as well, though. Still young at heart and feel like I'm 25 physically so I guess there's that. Hope all the 'young' Emira buyers love their car. I couldn't imagine having bought a car like this in my early-to-mid 20s but I'm excited for those that are able to do so :) I had MR2s and an RX8 in those yesteryears. Too bad the RX8 was horribly underpowered--it was otherwise a fantastic handling and looking vehicle.
I’m early 30s and thought yea I’ve done alright getting an emira at this age. This thread proves otherwise 😂

I’m early 30s and thought yea I’ve done alright getting an emira at this age. This thread proves otherwise 😂
Everyone has their own priorities and goals in life. COULD I have bought an Emira in my 20s? Sure, but I wouldn't have been able to justify it at that age as I was still building my career and financial stability. Cars are not a good financial investment the vast majority of the time. Heck, even buying one now at around $100K feels somewhat like a childish, unnecessary spend if I put on my finance hat. I guess I'm at the point where I figure at some point it's OK to let loose and enjoy some things in life that you've worked hard to be able to afford.

Fortunately, I also think the Emira, given the current supply-side constraints and almost guaranteed long-term rarity, could actually prove to be a relatively decent financial transaction should I ever regret it (although I do not expect to have any regrets)!

First Lotus and second car, lucky me. I will be ~25 when I take delivery; bought a BMW 230i at the beginning of 2022 and told myself "I can't ever see myself wanting a nicer car than that," but alas, here I am. Probably going to go Shadow Grey. I think there is already obviously a stigma around young men driving flashy cars, so hopefully a bit more of a muted color counteracts that slightly, ha.
This is technically my third car if you count my s550 Mustang GT I had for a two years but then had to trade in for the AWD Stinger cuz the hills were getting dangerous in the winter. (We had moved to the hillier part of town)

My mustang was orange and even though it was polarizing, the vast majority of people said they loved the color and car. That’s why Hethel yellow really excites me but I might also try the more subtle take and go Nimbus. Really also depends what these other colors will look like, which we’ll probably find out in 2026 at this rate

Everyone has their own priorities and goals in life. COULD I have bought an Emira in my 20s? Sure, but I wouldn't have been able to justify it at that age as I was still building my career and financial stability. Cars are not a good financial investment the vast majority of the time. Heck, even buying one now at around $100K feels somewhat like a childish, unnecessary spend if I put on my finance hat. I guess I'm at the point where I figure at some point it's OK to let loose and enjoy some things in life that you've worked hard to be able to afford.

Fortunately, I also think the Emira, given the current supply-side constraints and almost guaranteed long-term rarity, could actually prove to be a relatively decent financial transaction should I ever regret it (although I do not expect to have any regrets)!
Lotus tends to depreciate to 50% MSRP over 12 years then basically stop there. Wouldn’t call it a great investment but it’s always going to be worth $55k or so well past 2036.

Lotus tends to depreciate to 50% MSRP over 12 years then basically stop there. Wouldn’t call it a great investment but it’s always going to be worth $55k or so well past 2036.
Perhaps, all things being equal and in a normal world.
Which is a thing of the past.
We are 6 years away from cessation of ICE car sales in many countries. Two of those years may be delivery wait time for new Emira depositors. Electron cars are gaining and will dominate. Environmental regulations will tighten. Gasoline will be a pejorative term and fume. New fuels for traditional cars will be expensive. Inflation will continue. Currency values will fluctuate.
So, will the Emira in its present iteration/cost be more prized or more quickly devalued? Especially once it's faster electric replacement is announced in 2025?
I'm interested in the present driving experience. It will remain a specialty vehicle for a niche audience in a world of bland alternatives that won't move me in quite the same way.

Perhaps, all things being equal and in a normal world.
Which is a thing of the past.
We are 6 years away from cessation of ICE car sales in many countries. Two of those years may be delivery wait time for new Emira depositors. Electron cars are gaining and will dominate. Environmental regulations will tighten. Gasoline will be a pejorative term and fume. New fuels for traditional cars will be expensive. Inflation will continue. Currency values will fluctuate.
So, will the Emira in its present iteration/cost be more prized or more quickly devalued? Especially once it's faster electric replacement is announced in 2025?
I'm interested in the present driving experience. It will remain a specialty vehicle for a niche audience in a world of bland alternatives that won't move me in quite the same way.
I don’t know man. I see a petrol station at every corner here in TX. No charging stations for miles and miles. And, big issue here…..no current capacity (pun intended).

Last edited:
I don’t know man. I see a petrol station at every corner here in TX. No charging stations for miles and miles. And, big and here…..no current capacity (pun intended).
TX is almost like a separate universe fueled (pun intended) by its large energy and power industry. I think the transition will take much longer to happen than most anticipate, but the trend is here to stay.

TX is almost like a separate universe fueled (pun intended) by its large energy and power industry. I think the transition will take much longer to happen than most anticipate, but the trend is here to stay.
Trend, yes, of course. But obsolescence? Are we becoming like Rush’s Red Barchetta? If so we’ve got 50 odd years. I’ll be too old to drive by then.

Back