• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Any way to fix the brake dust?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi there
The brake dust on these cars is pretty nuts.
Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

Either pads or some sort of treatment I can put on the wheels?
Thanks a ton

Got you. Our XT910 is a copper free new compound developed about 3 years ago - A successor of ET500 that you see in this review 10+ years ago.

XT910 is a compound for street/spirited driving with excellent modulation (very liner instead of on-off), good & consistent friction at elevated temperature yet very low dust and "no squeaking".

We make pads for 2 pc rotors and brake kits only to assure a reliable supply and overall braking performance. Since we only offer limited applications so only those who have used them can well appreciate how good they are but I will leave it to your judgement.

Our ET/XT pads were notably popular in the following communities:
  • GTR
  • Mitsubishi EVO 8/9/10 w/Brembo calipers
  • Subie WRX/STi
  • Mercedes
  • Acura TL w/Brembo calipers
  • Camaro SS
  • Tesla M3
Let me know when they are released for the Emira please.

Ryan G

Update
I just got back from RacingBrake a little bit ago. It was very nice to meet Warren and his team. Everyone was very knowledgeable and passionate about what they do.
They removed, precisely measured, and weighed the front and rear discs, front and rear pads, and test fitted cross-compatible calipers and pads.

Warren is excited to get pads, BBK, and CCB options to the market for us as soon as possible. Stay tuned!

Here are a few pictures of the process
IMG_5799.jpeg

IMG_5803.jpeg

IMG_5800.jpeg

IMG_5801.jpeg

IMG_5802.jpeg

IMG_5804.jpeg

IMG_5806.jpeg

IMG_5807.jpeg

Are there pictures of the CCB options mounted?
Unfortunately no, we did not get to that point. This was more for pads and rotors initially but I’ll be going back to RacingBrake a few more times to get all the options ironed out.

Warren has already sourced some OEM parts to help test fit without having to disassemble my car every time.

A quarter of their shop is OEM parts they use to test their products. About 400-500 complete front and rear spindle/hub/brake assemblies.

Update
I just got back from RacingBrake a little bit ago. It was very nice to meet Warren and his team. Everyone was very knowledgeable and passionate about what they do.
They removed, precisely measured, and weighed the front and rear discs, front and rear pads, and test fitted cross-compatible calipers and pads.

Warren is excited to get pads, BBK, and CCB options to the market for us as soon as possible. Stay tuned!

Here are a few pictures of the process
View attachment 52202

View attachment 52203

View attachment 52204
View attachment 52205
View attachment 52206
View attachment 52207
View attachment 52208
View attachment 52209
You can sure see the difference in coverage of their brake pad versus the stock pad. By any chance do you remember what the weight was for the front rotor? The picture you posted is of the rear rotor.

You can sure see the difference in coverage of their brake pad versus the stock pad. By any chance do you remember what the weight was for the front rotor? The picture you posted is of the rear rotor.
Correct, the larger pad is what will be offered but with minor changes to fit our OEM rotors better. Very big difference.

I believe the front rotor was right at 20 pounds but I’ll let @Warren-RB confirm.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back