Any way to fix the brake dust?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi there
The brake dust on these cars is pretty nuts.
Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

Either pads or some sort of treatment I can put on the wheels?
Thanks a ton

I’m going the two set route. EBC reds for daily use, EBC blues for track days. Just put the reds on. I’ll report back after I get some miles on them. These brakes are so easy to change, it’s not much trouble.
I've got EBC Reds now, they're very low dust however they have a longer travel and less initial bite after having about 3000 miles on them vs. the stock pads.

I've got EBC Reds now, they're very low dust however they have a longer travel and less initial bite after having about 3000 miles on them vs. the stock pads.
Good to know. They are pretty bitey at the moment, looking forward to them calming down a bit. I don’t drive like a maniac on public roads. I save it for the track so, I’m hopeful they fit the bill for my needs.

Good to know. They are pretty bitey at the moment, looking forward to them calming down a bit. I don’t drive like a maniac on public roads. I save it for the track so, I’m hopeful they fit the bill for my needs.

Yup I think you'll like them then! They still have plenty of braking force, it's just a different feel that's up to the preference of the driver.

No compromise on initial bites or temperature effect (eg low friction at cold temp.).
Consistent friction with excellent modulation besides low dust.
Not just a marketing claim, search GTR forum and see how GTR enthusiasts like XT910.
https://www.gtrlife.com/search/167179/?q=xt910&t=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=180&o=relevance

Be reminded XT910 is a compound for street and spirited (Mountain, Canyon) driving - Not a track compound.
Warren, can you comment on the effectiveness of the XT 910’s in controlling brake dust vs. EBC Red Stuff pads?

No compromise on initial bites or temperature effect (eg low friction at cold temp.).
Consistent friction with excellent modulation besides low dust.
Not just a marketing claim, search GTR forum and see how GTR enthusiasts like XT910.
https://www.gtrlife.com/search/167179/?q=xt910&t=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=180&o=relevance

Be reminded XT910 is a compound for street and spirited (Mountain, Canyon) driving - Not a track compound.
Have you gotten any feedback yet on a test set? Any downsides to the pad shape change?

I'm cognizant that the different lower corners on the pad will change the amount of airflow in that part of the caliper body. Would love to hear someone's feedback before pre-ordering your pad set.

Warren, can you comment on the effectiveness of the XT 910’s in controlling brake dust vs. EBC Red Stuff pads?
EBC is a respectul brand who we don't know much about their stuffs so I can't comment.
As I said before our brake pads offer are limited to those where we offer 2 pc rotors and brake kits to assure the availability and an optimal performance and those pads are made with our own tooling and compounds.
The only two pad venders we outsourced the pads are Pagid and Endless for ccb track applications.

I placed a pre-order for a set of the XT910 front and rear. I assume you will work with customers closely in this first batch to ensure that the planned compatibility is verified, so I'm volunteering to offer you any feedback or images that you may need from the install.

Thanks!

I placed a pre-order for a set of the XT910 front and rear. I assume you will work with customers closely in this first batch to ensure that the planned compatibility is verified, so I'm volunteering to offer you any feedback or images that you may need from the install.

Thanks!
Of course and thank you for helping the community.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back