Car Capsule Protection ??

harleyujoe

Reaction score
I have unheated garage and have bought many various vehicles with No attention of keeping them more than a year..
The Emira I do plan to keep and wonder if anyone has tried a Car Capsule and if it does slow down the corrosion
of Aluminum ...Nothing worse than looking at Aluminum all oxidized..
The only other thing is renting heated garage but dislike having car parked miles away and not keeping eye on it..
Would like to hear what others are doing??

I have unheated garage and have bought many various vehicles with No attention of keeping them more than a year..
The Emira I do plan to keep and wonder if anyone has tried a Car Capsule and if it does slow down the corrosion
of Aluminum ...Nothing worse than looking at Aluminum all oxidized..
The only other thing is renting heated garage but dislike having car parked miles away and not keeping eye on it..
Would like to hear what others are doing??
My former company was a Car Capsule vendor. I would say they are very good at preventing dust from settling on a vehicle, and that is their primary intended purpose. They maintain a positive pressure, so potentially encroaching dust floats elsewhere.

Most aluminum corrosion (aside from galvanic) is crevice or pitting corrosion, and most of this comes from salt. High humidity and temperature fluxuations can exacerbate this corrosion, but a Car Capsule will not reduce either of these factors as it is just feeding outside filtered air. Basically, the needs to be clean (of salt) and dry and preferably in a reasonable temp range to reduce this as much as possible.

My former company was a Car Capsule vendor. I would say they are very good at preventing dust from settling on a vehicle, and that is their primary intended purpose. They maintain a positive pressure, so potentially encroaching dust floats elsewhere.

Most aluminum corrosion (aside from galvanic) is crevice or pitting corrosion, and most of this comes from salt. High humidity and temperature fluxuations can exacerbate this corrosion, but a Car Capsule will not reduce either of these factors as it is just feeding outside filtered air. Basically, the needs to be clean (of salt) and dry and preferably in a reasonable temp range to reduce this as much as possible.
Can putting a small heater or a dehumidifier into the Car Capsule be enough to keep it stable ??
Here in New Jersey we really do not see winters and would say temperatures average 40 f..

Can putting a small heater or a dehumidifier into the Car Capsule be enough to keep it stable ??
Here in New Jersey we really do not see winters and would say temperatures average 40 f..
Car Capsules are plastic, so I'm not sure I would put a heater in there. That sounds like a dangerous plan. However, a dehumidifier might work...The dehumidifier would have to be powerful enough to dry the air at a higher CFM than the capsule was losing it, but that could work.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back