Dark Verdant Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Gold wheels

IMG_8450.jpeg
IMG_8451.jpeg

Interesting! Looks like they electro-plated the silver wheels? I've always hoped for a gun metal forged wheel option on the Emira, and seeing this now is making me wonder if I should just get silver wheels then, in preparation... 🤔
They probably powder coated them.

DV was my immediate first choice for the Emira and that hasn't changed. Since the new colors were announced I am now strongly considering Vivid, Silver Wheel, Yellow Caliper.

Anyone else being tugged from DV by one of the new colors?

DV was my immediate first choice for the Emira and that hasn't changed. Since the new colors were announced I am now strongly considering Vivid, Silver Wheel, Yellow Caliper.

Meridian Blue is tempting!

Well, threatening (menacing) is perhaps saying too much. I think this color is fantastic. DV is like a Chamelion! Depending on the sunlight and the effect of light and the viewing angle, the color often changes from almost black to "turquoise blue" to a brilliant dark green. Thus, the color of the Porsche is for me always a bit "boring". Sorry...but it's a matter of taste

For me what these photos show more than anything else, is just how pretty and exotic the Emira's looks are compared to the Porsche. The Emira looks exciting, while the Porsche looks rather plain. There's a feline grace to the lines of the Emira. The Porsche looks like what it is; an old design. It's nice, but doesn't come close to the 21st Century look of the Emira. In this instance, DV actually illustrates the shape without distracting you with vibrant color.

It looks like the Emira has privacy glass in the back. Under these subdued light conditions, I think the overall shape of the car would breathe better if the rear quarter window wasn't so dark.

All of the FE colors have character that changes the look and feel of the car. None of them look bad, which is quite a testament to the quality of the shape that Carr's team has produced. DV is mysterious; makes you see the way light and shadow play across the shape of the car. Can't wait to get mine!

No. There is no other green.

DV next to 991.1 GTS cab in Agate Grey. Cloudy/overcast. So DV looking menacing ? View attachment 25852
View attachment 25853
Really interesting to see these together... I have been a huge Porsche fan for many, many years, and owned a 996 C2 Cab for nearly 10 years...

But seeing the Emira next to the GTS Cab there... Just don't think I could go for another porker (didn't think I would ever say that!)

The Emira is just so damned good looking in comparison! 😍

Well, threatening (menacing) is perhaps saying too much. I think this color is fantastic. DV is like a Chamelion! Depending on the sunlight and the effect of light and the viewing angle, the color often changes from almost black to "turquoise blue" to a brilliant dark green. Thus, the color of the Porsche is for me always a bit "boring". Sorry...but it's a matter of taste
Fully agree DV is a chameleon ! Can really change on angle and light for sure. And that is a good thing !

Personally I like Agate Grey on that car. Wouldn’t have it on a GT car but kinda suits the cab IMO.

For me what these photos show more than anything else, is just how pretty and exotic the Emira's looks are compared to the Porsche. The Emira looks exciting, while the Porsche looks rather plain. There's a feline grace to the lines of the Emira. The Porsche looks like what it is; an old design. It's nice, but doesn't come close to the 21st Century look of the Emira. In this instance, DV actually illustrates the shape without distracting you with vibrant color.

It looks like the Emira has privacy glass in the back. Under these subdued light conditions, I think the overall shape of the car would breathe better if the rear quarter window wasn't so dark.

All of the FE colors have character that changes the look and feel of the car. None of them look bad, which is quite a testament to the quality of the shape that Carr's team has produced. DV is mysterious; makes you see the way light and shadow play across the shape of the car. Can't wait to get mine!
Agree with a lot of that. I was moving cars around and thought I’d take those snaps partly for colour comparison (agate is a well know porker colour to many) and partly for the curves and design comparison.

The 911 cab has always had a fat arse TBH but that was a compromise I was prepared to make back in 2015 when I bought it. I don’t regret it - it has been amazing and the NA fiat six with less filters sounds amazing with no roof.

Bit fully agree the Emira knocks it into touch on looks ! But I am pretty sure the 911 is easier to clean !

In 2015 the black center locks worked well on an Agate GTS - agree less so these days. Hence my DV has silver wheels !

Really interesting to see these together... I have been a huge Porsche fan for many, many years, and owned a 996 C2 Cab for nearly 10 years...

But seeing the Emira next to the GTS Cab there... Just don't think I could go for another porker (didn't think I would ever say that!)

The Emira is just so damned good looking in comparison! 😍
Ain’t no doubt the porker looks plain in this company. In isolation still a great looking car but getting on a bit of course since 2015. And there are so many around so rarity is surely a huge plus for the Emira. But the DAB radio and wipers work in the 911 ! 😉

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back