đź““ Journals eclat2emira's Dark Verdant Emira Journal

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Yep, pretty sure about that - and the same as you I couldn't work out what period that amount was for - too many for a day, too few for a week?
I believe @Emirahep is going to pick up his car at the factory on April 13, so hopefully he can check out the latest production figures (daily and to-date) on the status board and report back to all of us. Maybe even ask during the tour if they are running a full second shift, which was their goal going into 2023 with the backlog of orders.

Absolutely gorgeous spec and great write up!! Keep us updated as you get even more acquainted with your car! Congrats!!

Absolutely gorgeous spec and great write up!! Keep us updated as you get even more acquainted with your car! Congrats!!
Thanks, still pinching myself! This car really is bewitching in so many ways - I will keep sharing the experience of getting to know it.

Fantastic! Seeing that nose to nose shot made me realize something about DV compared to the lighter colors. The lighter colors emphasize the pinched waist and make the mid-section of the car look thinner. DV is dark enough that the black side skirt pretty much looks like it's part of the main body, so the DV car looks thicker in the mid section, more planted to the ground visually.

Great shots.... more please!
I'll keep them coming! DV shows off the shape more than I thought due to how it reflects light, especially the sky - you can see the contrast in the nose to nose shots. Agree it looks more planted, the nimbus having the advantage of looking leaner so its a trade off.

Nice one, and another one added to the Edinburgh Emira crew :) hopefully see you about sometime ! If you want to meet for a coffee and Emira catchup do shout..... I've got 5 months of 'ownership stories' now lol.

Glad you finally have your Emira! Congrats again and thanks for the detailed feedback. I sure wish I could do factory devliery! Sounds like a great experience.
The factory collection experience is only ÂŁ200 extra and that includes lunch and a ÂŁ50 voucher for the shop, so net cost about ÂŁ120 - excellent value, can't recommend it highly enough, the incomparable Scott Walker being a large part of the experience of course!

Last edited:
Nice one, and another one added to the Edinburgh Emira crew :) hopefully see you about sometime ! If you want to meet for a coffee and Emira catchup do shout..... I've got 5 months of 'ownership stories' now lol.
Thanks, meeting up soon a must! I hope to have a slightly different selection of stories in 5 months and be less well acquainted with the local dealer, let's see....

Great photos and pretty close to my spec (I went for leather steering wheel/black callipers). In the nose to nose shots the darker colour gives the impression of the car actually being lower than the Nimbus with Black Pack (as @Eagle7 points out, it does looks "more Planted" - though I'm obviously biased).

One question, I'm debating the addition of PPF and wondering what impact it had on the way the light played over the DV (I have only seen one DV here in Sydney and it did not have PPF)

Last edited:
Great photos and pretty close to my spec (I went for leather steering wheel/black callipers). In the nose to nose shots the darker colour gives the impression of the car actually being lower than the Nimbus with Black Pack (as @Eagle7 points out, it does looks "more Planted" - though I'm obviously biased).

One question, I'm debating the addition of PPF and wondering what impact it had on the way the light played over the DV (I have only seen one DV here in Sydney and it did not have PPF)
Hi Barry, I'll keep sharing photos from all angles and in different light conditions. Mine has no PPF on it yet, I may do front only PPF but personally am not a huge fan and don't see the point in spending so much money on this. I also wonder how many PPF jobs start peeling in stressed areas and start looking a bit rough? (Interested to hear anyone's experience on this - good or bad). A lot may depend on the skill and experience of the installers - I spent years working with self-adhesive vinyl in signage and a lot can go wrong, even with the best materials, in the wrong hands. I'm not dissing PPF or those applying it, just saying that like anything, the quality of execution can vary - and this is one seriously curvy car which makes it all harder!

I went for the 3-year paint touch-up/minor repair warranty which seemed like good value at ÂŁ400.

Sorry she's a bit rain spotted but worth sharing when the sun is out how much the green comes to the fore. The exception in Scotland, the norm in sunnier climes such as California, Gulf region and Australia.
20230411_125034.jpg
20230411_125027.jpg
20230411_125021.jpg
20230411_124947.jpg
20230411_124943.jpg
20230411_124923.jpg
20230411_124912.jpg
20230411_124905.jpg
20230411_124849.jpg
20230411_125006.jpg

It's probably looking sad because it's mine and feels like I have a new mistress!

996 is my 160k mile daily driver, parked in my neighbour's driveway as she's away and I'm out of space as I've not sold the Vantage yet.

Hi there, enjoying your photos of you new Emira - stunning.
I daily my c4s for the last 7 years and just love it. I’ve been thinking of trying to live to an Emira (I live in the US) and would love to get you take on the driving experience between the two cars.

Hi I collected my emira then also (Seneca blue) and have to say what a great experience the factory collection is (especially Scot’s passion for the brand)really makes the car very very special .I am extremely impressed with the car and to think I so very nearly cancelled recently (lack of commication delays ect) so anyone unsure as I was I believe it’s worth hanging in for and if you can the factory collection is a must .

Hi there, enjoying your photos of you new Emira - stunning.
I daily my c4s for the last 7 years and just love it. I’ve been thinking of trying to live to an Emira (I live in the US) and would love to get you take on the driving experience between the two cars.
996 C4S is an awesome daily - a real Swiss Army knife of a car - does so many thing so well.

Runabout
Cruiser
Motorway mile-eater
Impervious to bad weather (I live in Scotland...)
Cleans up great
Seats 4 for short journeys (until i took the rear seats out!)
Great point-to-point car
Commutes just fine

I've had mine since 2007, so have 16 years of ownership and 130,000 miles of its 160,000 under my belt. It's awesome. I've just done a full suspension rebuild - all new components and a set of KW V3 coilovers, meaning it is now quite a bit firmer than it was - it's probably now more like an Emira Sports set up and would have been more akin to Touring before. Sitting at GT3 ride height and fully geo'd the handling is superb, it may end up as a streetable track car for me.

From my early experience with the Emira I'd say its 100% daily-able. I have an Aston Martin Vantage (4.7 V8 manual) which the Emira is replacing and that is totally daily-able too - except I'd have to put winter tyres on it to get anywhere and stay safe in the winter, whereas the C4S just keeps going in almost any conditions with all season tyres.

Hope that perspective helps!

996 C4S is an awesome daily - a real Swiss Army knife of a car - does so many thing so well.

Runabout
Cruiser
Motorway mile-eater
Impervious to bad weather (I live in Scotland...)
Cleans up great
Seats 4 for short journeys (until i took the rear seats out!)
Great point-to-point car
Commutes just fine

I've had mine since 2007, so have 16 years of ownership and 130,000 miles of its 160,000 under my belt. It's awesome. I've just done a full suspension rebuild - all new components and a set of KW V3 coilovers, meaning it is now quite a bit firmer than it was - it's probably now more like an Emira Sports set up and would have been more akin to Touring before. Sitting at GT3 ride height and fully geo'd the handling is superb, it may end up as a streetable track car for me.

From my early experience with the Emira I'd say its 100% daily-able. I have an Aston Martin Vantage (4.7 V8 manual) which the Emira is replacing and that is totally daily-able too - except I'd have to put winter tyres on it to get anywhere and stay safe in the winter, whereas the C4S just keeps going in almost any conditions with all season tyres.

Hope that perspective helps!
Thanks so much for the response.

I guess my biggest question for you is on the fun to drive front. Would you say the Emira is a step on from the 911?

I believe @Emirahep is going to pick up his car at the factory on April 13, so hopefully he can check out the latest production figures (daily and to-date) on the status board and report back to all of us. Maybe even ask during the tour if they are running a full second shift, which was their goal going into 2023 with the backlog of orders.
On the train to Norwich ! Be at Hethel for 0900. I am primed to look at production figures, wheel gaps, gearknobs, seat bases, second shifts, car parks of finished cars, built autos, any signs of i4s. Anything else ?

On the train to Norwich ! Be at Hethel for 0900. I am primed to look at production figures, wheel gaps, gearknobs, seat bases, second shifts, car parks of finished cars, built autos, any signs of i4s. Anything else ?
No need to look for my ex-wife.

Thanks

Back