• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira and Quick Jack

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah I'd imagine the 700TLX would hit the wheels -- will wait till Greg tests on the Emira with the shorter 5000 series and I'll snap one of those up with extensions for cars with longer jackpoint distances.
Emira wheelbase is supposedly 1.2" shorter than my wife's Vantage (VH2) and it fits easily under hers, so fingers crossed.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
These specific measurements would be a super, super useful thing to have on the Emira.
  • Width between the jacking points (both center-to-center and to their outer edges)
  • Width of the main central chassis rails (to their outer edge)
  • Total distance fore/aft between the jacking points (as a straight measurement, parallel with the car)
  • Width of the frame rail box sections around the perimeter (for curiosity's sake)
Does anyone have a car they can put up in the air and record these spacings?

Thanks!

View attachment 30681
Still wondering if anyone has taken these measurements. Please post if so!

It would be great to have a diagram with dimensions to work from for planning out lifting scenarios.

Thanks!

OP
MIGZ

MIGZ

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for that. I missed the holiday sale, but Costco still has the bundle for less than the sale had been.
So I bought a quick jack to to work on a project car and figure ill make it work on the emira.

Below are some ramps that I ordered , to provide enough height for the cross bream. Have not ordered the cross beam yet want to confirm that the ramps will provide enough height.

Nice part of the ramp is that the approach can be pulled off to slide the quick jack under.

Last edited:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well, I'm glad I didn't get the 5000, as I just traded my other daily for an EV9. At 5800# I'd need the 7000 to lift it for tire rotations.

Will the 7000 work for the Emira? I'd still need those two part ramps and the cross beam adapter I suppose.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, I'm glad I didn't get the 5000, as I just traded my other daily for an EV9. At 5800# I'd need the 7000 to lift it for tire rotations.

Will the 7000 work for the Emira? I'd still need those two part ramps and the cross beam adapter I suppose.
I'll find out soon....

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I bought a quick jack to to work on a project car and figure ill make it work on the emira.

Below are some ramps that I ordered , to provide enough height for the cross bream. Have not ordered the cross beam yet want to confirm that the ramps will gen enough height.

Nice part of the ramp is that the approach can be pulled off to slide the quick jack under.

Those racing ramps are a great idea to help get a jack under.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Screenshot_20240229_204115_Chrome.jpg

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looking at @scc.131.fe's post above the 7000 should fit if it fits that Vantage. The lift points appear to be inside of the wheels in the rear, so with the cross bar that seems doable. Or am I missing something else?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm still wondering if anyone has taken these measurements! It's literally all we need to be able to figure out what lengths and widths of platform would/should work under an Emira.

These specific measurements would be a super, super useful thing to have on the Emira.
  • Width between the jacking points (both center-to-center and to their outer edges)
  • Total distance fore/aft between the jacking points (as a straight measurement, parallel with the car)
  • Width of the frame rail box sections around the perimeter (for curiosity's sake)

Thanks!

View attachment 30681

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm a bit hesitant to call any Quickjack "good" for the Emira based on only a few linear dimensions. The upward movement also translates forward or aft (depending on which way you orient the jacks). Also, rocker panel geometry can make it difficult to get the right combo of jack location, lifting blocks and crossmember location (hard to predict that from 1D measurements).

Plus, I haven't seen yet whether all Emira undertray fasteners can be accessed and removed while on a quickjack. For example, on the VH2 Vantage (MY12.25+) there is a forward bolt on either side of the rear skid plate that you have to loosen and remove before putting the quickjack in place, otherwise it's "trapped" by the lifting pucks.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm a bit hesitant to call any Quickjack "good" for the Emira based on only a few linear dimensions. The upward movement also translates forward or aft (depending on which way you orient the jacks). Also, rocker panel geometry can make it difficult to get the right combo of jack location, lifting blocks and crossmember location (hard to predict that from 1D measurements).

Plus, I haven't seen yet whether all Emira undertray fasteners can be accessed and removed while on a quickjack. For example, on the VH2 Vantage (MY12.25+) there is a forward bolt on either side of the rear skid plate that you have to loosen and remove before putting the quickjack in place, otherwise it's "trapped" by the lifting pucks.
Which means two part ramps, then the quick jacks with elevated pucks.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For those interested the 5000 and 7000 are $300 off at Costco again through 3/31

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Thanks!

View attachment 30681
Maybe someone already did this. Good news my MaxJax barely fits with the posts on the most inward spacing points I put. Got the car up in the air and took these measurements. Might help someone. Should be pretty close. These are to the approximate center of the pads. The pads look about 4x4 (guess)?
new lift dims.png

Last edited:

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just measured the 5000TL with the extensions and it measured out to be 66".

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just measured the 5000TL with the extensions and it measured out to be 66".
And according to the measurements Aero did the distance between the lift point centers is 68"? I have the 5000TLX. Is it going to be 2" short? I wonder how wide the lift points are? I know I'm going to have to get the crossbar for the rear lift points. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what I can do once I get my car. Maybe contact Quickjack and explain the situation. They might have a solution already, or can create one for that extra 2" so the car can be lifted safely.