• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira insurance in the US

The variability between major insurers is wild:

State Farm January Quote: $4,900/yr
State Farm May Quote: $2,400/yr
AAA: $12,000/yr
Progressive: $10,000/yr
Geico: $2,200/yr

All at similar coverage amounts and 6,000 mi/yr.
Just ran my information through Geico quote configurator and got $106.14 (1273.68), at 5k miles a year. No Vin to use yet, but not sure if rates dropped or not based on the numbers I got.

I initially added the Emira to my AAA policy but was hit with $4295/year with pretty cranked up coverages and $500/$500 deductibles.
Got quoted out with Hagerty through a recommended broker in the local track community.
I’m now at $2244/year with the same cranked up coverages as my AAA policy but with $0/$0 deductibles and the car is covered for $120,000.

Pretty big difference in price for better coverage.

Edit: I’m almost 40, no accidents or tickets or recent claims on record. Located in Southern California.

I initially added the Emira to my AAA policy but was hit with $4295/year with pretty cranked up coverages and $500/$500 deductibles.
Got quoted out with Hagerty through a recommended broker in the local track community.
I’m now at $2244/year with the same cranked up coverages as my AAA policy but with $0/$0 deductibles and the car is covered for $120,000.

Pretty big difference in price for better coverage.

Edit: I’m almost 40, no accidents or tickets or recent claims on record. Located in Southern California.
Wow, $4295 is pretty high. We have AAA and am at $3226 at 1mil but I was lucky enough to have to add my just permitted 18 year old son to our policy. 🤣 :cry:

Illinois here, car registered in Dupage county vs my Chicago place. I'm a long time Allstate guy, but in the end State Farm was by far and away the best deal going. Deductibles were all $500 with identical coverages, no home bundling here either. State Farm was such a good deal that I reviewed the quotes with my long time Allstate insurance agent and even he told me it looked great and to sign it ASAP!

State Farm = $1,216
Allstate = $3,038
Haggarty = $2,974
Geico = $2,910