Emira insurance in the US

The variability between major insurers is wild:

State Farm January Quote: $4,900/yr
State Farm May Quote: $2,400/yr
AAA: $12,000/yr
Progressive: $10,000/yr
Geico: $2,200/yr

All at similar coverage amounts and 6,000 mi/yr.
Just ran my information through Geico quote configurator and got $106.14 (1273.68), at 5k miles a year. No Vin to use yet, but not sure if rates dropped or not based on the numbers I got.

I initially added the Emira to my AAA policy but was hit with $4295/year with pretty cranked up coverages and $500/$500 deductibles.
Got quoted out with Hagerty through a recommended broker in the local track community.
I’m now at $2244/year with the same cranked up coverages as my AAA policy but with $0/$0 deductibles and the car is covered for $120,000.

Pretty big difference in price for better coverage.

Edit: I’m almost 40, no accidents or tickets or recent claims on record. Located in Southern California.

I initially added the Emira to my AAA policy but was hit with $4295/year with pretty cranked up coverages and $500/$500 deductibles.
Got quoted out with Hagerty through a recommended broker in the local track community.
I’m now at $2244/year with the same cranked up coverages as my AAA policy but with $0/$0 deductibles and the car is covered for $120,000.

Pretty big difference in price for better coverage.

Edit: I’m almost 40, no accidents or tickets or recent claims on record. Located in Southern California.
Wow, $4295 is pretty high. We have AAA and am at $3226 at 1mil but I was lucky enough to have to add my just permitted 18 year old son to our policy. 🤣 :cry:

Illinois here, car registered in Dupage county vs my Chicago place. I'm a long time Allstate guy, but in the end State Farm was by far and away the best deal going. Deductibles were all $500 with identical coverages, no home bundling here either. State Farm was such a good deal that I reviewed the quotes with my long time Allstate insurance agent and even he told me it looked great and to sign it ASAP!

State Farm = $1,216
Allstate = $3,038
Haggarty = $2,974
Geico = $2,910

So, I've got USAA but that's an appraised car value insurance. I'm tempted to go with someone that uses an asked value as these are relatively limited production and would be hard to replace.

USAA recommends American Collectors. Their rates aren't bad ($100/yr higher), but they stipulate no driver's education (hpde) use. Does anyone else have a recommended carrier?

Update: American Collectors will only work with you if you have a collection. Not just one.

Last edited:
So, I've got USAA but that's an appraised car value insurance. I'm tempted to go with someone that uses an asked value as these are relatively limited production and would be hard to replace.

USAA recommends American Collectors. Their rates aren't bad ($100/yr higher), but they stipulate no driver's education (hpde) use. Does anyone else have a recommended carrier?

Update: American Collectors will only work with you if you have a collection. Not just one.
In the case of a provision that excludes HPDE that just means they won't cover you during HPDE use. You can get trackday insurance separately from other carriers, either per event or per year, that will cover you under that class of use.

American Collectors won't issue a policy for one high value car. Only a collection.

I went with Grundy eventually as well. It'll save me $1500 a year versus when I had it on USAA... Only downside is no drivers under 25. I was letting my son drive us to cars and coffee... It was nice being chauffeured

Illinois here, car registered in Dupage county vs my Chicago place. I'm a long time Allstate guy, but in the end State Farm was by far and away the best deal going. Deductibles were all $500 with identical coverages, no home bundling here either. State Farm was such a good deal that I reviewed the quotes with my long time Allstate insurance agent and even he told me it looked great and to sign it ASAP!

State Farm = $1,216
Allstate = $3,038
Haggarty = $2,974
Geico = $2,910
Here in Miami and also insured with State Farm paying $2,280.00/year.

I went with Hagerty and it's been solid. $1400 a year with $100k agreed value.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back