• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:
hmm Shmee making me nervous about picking the sports suspension. i sure wish I could experience both before dropping 100k on a new car...crazy talk i know
I drove it for a bit here in CA and found it just fine. But you should def try one

Might give a better idea of the Sports suspension:
Nice. The high-frequency chop at about 11:00 in that video is an example of what I'd expect the tour setup to iron out, based on my test drives of both... and the reason why I'm opting for tour (until maybe the modification bug bites at some point 😅 )

Not sure what the point is for this video. Nothing was really debated. It almost came across like an auto dealer TV commercial. Obviously Shmee likes it, a lot, which was good to see considering what he has available to him to drive.
My takeaway was that after 3000 miles Shmee thinks its a great value and that it is simply fun. You cannot measure "fun." Once again, for people who aren't rich and can't afford supercars, the Emira is really special. But it absolutely plays like a tv commercial!

EDIT: And that he is driving the Emira almost everyday. I asked myself a question, if I could have any 15 cars in the world, what car would I choose to drive everyday. Obviously you wouldn't drive a Testarossa everyday, but I think it's something that he has chosen and is satisfied driving the Emira everyday. I know that won't be forever but at least the car is fun enough to him to drive it everyday for a while given the choices he has.

Last edited:
My takeaway was that after 3000 miles Shmee thinks its a great value and that it is simply fun. You cannot measure "fun." Once again, for people who aren't rich and can't afford supercars, the Emira is really special. But it absolutely plays like a tv commercial!

EDIT: And that he is driving the Emira almost everyday. I asked myself a question, if I could have any 15 cars in the world, what car would I choose to drive everyday. Obviously you wouldn't drive a Testarossa everyday, but I think it's something that he has chosen and is satisfied driving the Emira everyday. I know that won't be forever but at least the car is fun enough to him to drive it everyday for a while given the choices he has.
It's also telling that someone who is rich and HAS supercars, finds himself drawn to the Emira every day. Harry Metcalf is another one who feels the same way. These guys aren't the newly rich without any automotive history either. Now that we're possibly actually within 4 months of these coming to the U.S., I'm starting to actually get excited.

It's also telling that someone who is rich and HAS supercars, finds himself drawn to the Emira every day. Harry Metcalf is another one who feels the same way. These guys aren't the newly rich without any automotive history either. Now that we're possibly actually within 4 months of these coming to the U.S., I'm starting to actually get excited.
You and me both! I was at a local Cars and Coffee this morning and among at least 1,000 cars here in Raleigh I could only spy 3 Lotus cars. An Evora and two Elise. It'll be a blast taking the Emira :)

the car is certainly incredible, its why im buying one, but hes also probably focusing on the Emira right now cuz its new. once the honey moon phase wears off and hes STILL driving it, then we can know for sure

the car is certainly incredible, its why im buying one, but hes also probably focusing on the Emira right now cuz its new. once the honey moon phase wears off and hes STILL driving it, then we can know for sure
I don't know, he may already be past the honeymoon. If you watched his latest update video (not the one featuring the Naples dealer), he's already come to the realization that he wishes he'd ordered the touring suspension and gone with Dark Verdant. That's the kind of thing you say when the rose-colored glasses are off, and you're using it regularly enough to have come to those conclusions. He may wind up ordering another one. We'll see, but so far he hasn't gotten disillusioned with it.

I don't know, he may already be past the honeymoon. If you watched his latest update video (not the one featuring the Naples dealer), he's already come to the realization that he wishes he'd ordered the touring suspension and gone with Dark Verdant. That's the kind of thing you say when the rose-colored glasses are off, and you're using it regularly enough to have come to those conclusions. He may wind up ordering another one. We'll see, but so far he hasn't gotten disillusioned with it.
Why did he say about HY or why does he prefer DV now?

Why did he say about HY or why does he prefer DV now?
He said he didn't realize how loud a color HY was going to be, and it makes the car stand out too much for his liking, which I found somewhat odd considering the colors of the cars in his stable. He said he wishes he'd gone for something more conservative like DV. At the time when he ordered it, he was living in London, but he's moved out to the countryside and I guess he feels the HY sticks out too much there. He also wished he'd ordered the Tour suspension because the roads in the country aren't as good as the ones in London apparently.

Pistonheads review of manual cars you can still buy, with the Emira first on the list:

Thanks. My confirmation bias box just got ticked.
A longer list might have included the new Nissan Z?

Pistonheads review of manual cars you can still buy, with the Emira first on the list:

Pistonheads must not have gotten the Lotus media blackout memo? All the other UK motoring press seem to be actively pretending that Lotus doesn't exist.

Unless they can copy/paste some negative financial news for clickbait, that is. In all other cases, they won't even mention the name Lotus.

Well I have a Dark Horse on order and certainly think it should be on this list especially with the Tremec manual gearbox and it's well under 100K.

Pistonheads must not have gotten the Lotus media blackout memo? All the other UK motoring press seem to be actively pretending that Lotus doesn't exist.

Unless they can copy/paste some negative financial news for clickbait, that is. In all other cases, they won't even mention the name Lotus.
I know PH have an I4 for review so expect something from them next week.

will go up tomorrow.
He is always interesting and barely critical. Any car noteworthy enough to appear on his show gets a boost from the exposure. Besides welcome visibility this should burnish the Lotus brand. The best outcome is when he adds a car to his collection. That's the ultimate endorsement.
Thanks for the notice.