• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira software coding options

Rapture

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m wondering if there are any known companies providing coding software for the Emira. I’m not looking for engine or performance tuning, but for software “features” coding. I assume (maybe incorrectly) that most of the electronics are new and quite different than the Evora and other Lotus cars, so maybe this is new ground. I’ve searched both on the forum, and the internet for this but have had a hard time finding anything specific on this topic.

I use Bimmercode on my BMW and it is very user friendly, and pretty simple to use. It allows you to change many default software features. This is very helpful in the U.S. as most manufacturers set the software differently for U.S. vehicles in part due to our litigious ways. Things like navigation acceptance button removal, and auto roll up of windows with the key can be coded back into the vehicle. Also, lighting, seatbelt warnings, display options can be changed, and many other things. I realize we have not seen any production U.S. vehicles yet, but I would bet there will be differences in coding from ROW cars.

Does anyone know of any companies that offer something in this space for the Emira or will in the future?

Thanks,

I use Obdeleven on my VWs, but nothing similar exists for Lotus that I know of. Carista is another popular option, yet no Lotus support.

I'd love to find a software back to customize the digital driver's display. Just something like custom faces so I could get analog style gauges.

I use Obdeleven on my VWs, but nothing similar exists for Lotus that I know of. Carista is another popular option, yet no Lotus support.

I'd love to find a software back to customize the digital driver's display. Just something like custom faces so I could get analog style gauges.
Thanks, I thought that might be the answer. Maybe we can find a company that may see a market for this.