Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Magma red is clearly rarer and worth more šŸ˜¬

Seriously though, remember that there are likely MORE people putting down a deposit on the Emira, even now, than are being made!

We could be sitting here in one months time and the Emira resale value has gone up.
In fact, get in now!!!! Buy Buy. šŸ˜›

Magma red is clearly rarer and worth more šŸ˜¬

Seriously though, remember that there are likely MORE people putting down a deposit on the Emira, even now, than are being made!

We could be sitting here in one months time and the Emira resale value has gone up.
In fact, get in now!!!! Buy Buy. šŸ˜›
Not sure about that, on one of Harry's Garage videos there were a batch of Yellow cars going through, so I suspect they are being built in colour batches ;) ;) with Yellow first, then Verdant Green, Blue etc

Not sure about that, on one of Harry's Garage videos there were a batch of Yellow cars going through, so I suspect they are being built in colour batches ;) ;) with Yellow first, then Verdant Green, Blue etc
Certainly PAINT batching makes sense for automated paint heads -- IDK about the rest of the car though.

Certainly PAINT batching makes sense for automated paint heads -- IDK about the rest of the car though.
I can remember seeing on the videos where body panels all stacked up together as if they go on the car in one operation ? So probably very late on in the build process.

They were LHD cars for China, where they had fewer V6 FE colours to choose from and Yellow is a popular colour.

They were LHD cars for China, where they had fewer V6 FE colours to choose from and Yellow is a popular colour.
Yes, I remember that being mentioned. Just wondered with that one getting onto Collecting Cars so early, if they had slipped a few UK cars in the batch šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

10 for sale now on AT, mostly physical cars. Yellow one from CC now reduced by 2k, most only 11k overs now being asked.
9 I BELIEVE AND THE private last seller doesnt have a real photo? weird......
it is very much turning into what I recall happened with the all conquering Alpine..... "the best drivers car"...etc etc, but it didnt sell well and resold even worse...... there were always half a dozen unused for sale.

its a wonder how the Emira books will stay full and waiting lists so long if this continues, but with Lotus delaying UK cars again.... maybe a ploy.....
It is a hard time of year to sell and also, why buy a December plated car when the weather is crap, instead of waiting a few weeks for a 2023 plated car.

Oh well... only another 17 odd hours to Harry's video.

Probably too late. Customers have cars now. A ridiculous decision to give preproduction cars to all media for reviews. Lost fortunes overnight and made everybody still think Lotus finish was low quality. Can you imagine Ferrari and Porsche handing out cars before they were finished for mass reviews! No chance. Huge own goal and put so many people off.
Whatā€™s an own goal?

Currently the Emira is worth Ā£5-10k over list. Advertised for more but realistically not reaching that.
Just chancers and dealers with Sale or Return vehicles with nothing to lose.

No flippers as suggested by previous posts. There are no "professional" flippers in the Lotus market.

Like many, when we first ordered I was very keen for the car. We do not need to go over the reasons again why there may be a few for sale. For the sake of a Ā£5k deposit and a possible Ā£5k (maybe more) return for 18 months of pain you cannot blame anyone for trying to sell. Most vehicles for sale are not in the hands of the owners as yet.

These ads could well fall away when Lotus call asking for the final payment!

Something seems off here. A two year wait list with just Ā£5K over for a new car prompt?

The few other cars I know with that much demand command a reasonable premium new.

Something seems off here. A two year wait list with just Ā£5K over for a new car prompt?

The few other cars I know with that much demand command a reasonable premium new.
I've been thinking this too. With a variety of cars for sale for a "reasonable" amount of more money, as far as I'm concerned, there isn't really a waiting list for V6 cars. Sadly, something is telling me the same thing will happen here in the US.

A lot of people that "missed out" on getting a FE will be able to get one.

Maybe weā€™re conflating a waitlist with a delay?

If Lotus make 1,000 cars a year and they have 2,000 orders already on the books then itā€™s a two year wait. If on the other hand they have 1,000 orders but production has been pushed back a year youā€™re still waiting 2 years for a car but thereā€™s less real demand compared to the first scenario.

Maybe weā€™re conflating a waitlist with a delay?

If Lotus make 1,000 cars a year and they have 2,000 orders already on the books then itā€™s a two year wait. If on the other hand they have 1,000 orders but production has been pushed back a year youā€™re still waiting 2 years for a car but thereā€™s less real demand compared to the first scenario.
Well, there are several factors at play and welcome to Sunday morning ranting..

Its not a 2 year wait list for a v6 FE manual, and never has been (although we can round it up and I have done so myself), its been about 65 weeks at one point, so thats about 1.3 years. With parts issues being sorted one week then unsorted the next, its impossible to know the reality!
They are still probably not on 2 shifts and no where near capacity, so that wait list could come down if they got their crap together, which after 12 months, I cant see happening any time soon.
Due to several factors, everyone knows about... perceived and actual quality ("teething" issues and suppliers used), reputations are hard to change, interest rates, inflation costs, depression / recession. The cars current order book and future order book will suffer IMO, a great deal, so that wait time will fall drastically, again if they get their crap together and make the cars fast enough.
Reviews have not been great, like it or lump it. Yes you can cling on to hope and you can side with Harry, who knows a lot, but he does not represent the "younger" "cooler" buyer and he wants a GT car if anything. The reality of Harry is that he is as romantic as me (perhaps) and he is happy to have a lotus that is "up to date", gorgeous, and "reliable", that is his objective with this car and that is NOT the objective for many buyers! Many buyers expect it to be an Evora, but better in every way as the Evora is a xx year old car, and its simply not! Its not as the engine is tuned down, the gear box, apart from harry's polished one, seems to be the same, seats are worse? Noise is worse (porsche get away with it..before you say it), it feels slow compared to its competitors, its not as a visceral "experience" driving it IMO.
Autocar just had best sports car introduced in 2022 review of 11 CARS, the EMIRA WAS NOT EVEN MENTIONED.... guess which car won it, above toyotas, ferraris, Morgans etc, yes a PORSCHE.
Bringing me to my final point, and again await the bruce willis die hards attack, but L O T U S is not PORSCHE and never will be I am afraid. And for some thats fine, they dont want it to be and I totally agree. However, my point is that LOTUS will probably always take the cheaper road to success, they are chinese owned and the word chinese is not synonymous with quality for cars in peoples minds as of YET. They dont have and wont have for years, the quality, investment, research, development and following that PORSCHE has and without that, their cars will not fetch crazy overs long term and by the looks of it, even short term.
I am still surprised the first 10 cars are not selling for at least 10/15k over, but part of the problem is that there are now exactly that, 9/10 cars out there and thats about 20 damn % of the cars on the UK roads; this does NOT help. I still say these are not people who bought them with the intention of flipping, it's for all the factors above they are selling and that in itself is a BAD sign. It indicates to those not on here and maybe those who are on here, that people are not happy with the car/their purchase/their experience and hence, why would others want to take on the mantle and especially pay more?

(Here comes my obligatory attack from the side of me that is disappointed with LOTUS..)
So a car without Porsches following, technologically behind the competition and no doubt slower around a track than a comparable porsche (time will tell when someone does a cayman GTS test vs the Emira V6, but my money is on the GTS), a car sold in vast numbers, not a limited FE run at all, which is what should have happened!, a car that looks great until you peal back the skin a little and see some down sides: a slapped on cheap copy ipad inside, luggage space way behind its competitor, seat options... none existent, one size fits all (but it really doesnt), even harry not happy with the water running onto the engine (maybe its not technically an issue, but its looks as if they could not engineer a solution and thats not encouraging), a bad FM antenna issue not solved in 15 years, a diluted engine noise, a red line lower than my ex's cleavage, and by all accounts, an aged engine thats "out of puff by about 6000 revs".
Overall, and yes I repeat myself, its a romantic alternative to the porsche cayman, but its NOT a GT product from them and neither is the GTS in reality, and that doesnt fetch overs, so why should this. It should yes for the first 10 or so...... but so many things against it, not least the time of year :)

Last edited:

Its not a 2 year wait list for a v6 FE manual, and never has been (although we can round it up and I have done so myself), its been about 65 weeks at one point, so thats about 1.3 years. With parts issues being sorted one week then unsorted the next, its impossible to know the reality!
They are still probably not on 2 shifts and no where near capacity, so that wait list could come down if they got their crap together, which after 12 months, I cant see happening any time soon.
Due to several factors, everyone knows about... perceived and actual quality ("teething" issues and suppliers used), reputations are hard to change, interest rates, inflation costs, depression / recession. The cars current order book and future order book will suffer IMO, a great deal, so that wait time will fall drastically, again if they get their crap together and make the cars fast enough.
Reviews have not been great, like it or lump it. Yes you can cling on to hope and you can side with Harry, who knows a lot, but he does not represent the "younger" "cooler" buyer and he wants a GT car if anything. The reality of Harry is that he is as romantic as me (perhaps) and he is happy to have a lotus that is "up to date", gorgeous, and "reliable", that is his objective with this car and that is NOT the objective for many buyers! Many buyers expect it to be an Evora, but better in every way as the Evora is a xx year old car, and its simply not! Its not as the engine is tuned down, the gear box, apart from harry's polished one, seems to be the same, seats are worse? Noise is worse (porsche get away with it..before you say it), it feels slow compared to its competitors, its not as a visceral "experience" driving it IMO.
Autocar just had best sports car introduced in 2022 review of 11 CARS, the EMIRA WAS NOT EVEN MENTIONED.... guess which car won it, above toyotas, ferraris, Morgans etc, yes a PORSCHE.
Bringing me to my final point, and again await the bruce willis die hards attack, but L O T U S is not PORSCHE and never will be I am afraid. And for some thats fine, they dont want it to be and I totally agree. However, my point is that LOTUS will probably always take the cheaper road to success, they are chinese owned and the word chinese is not synonymous with quality for cars in peoples minds as of YET. They dont have and wont have for years, the quality, investment, research, development and following that PORSCHE has and without that, their cars will not fetch crazy overs long term and by the looks of it, even short term.
I am still surprised the first 10 cars are not selling for at least 10/15k over, but part of the problem is that there are now exactly that, 9/10 cars out there and thats about 20 damn % of the cars on the UK roads; this does NOT help. I still say these are not people who bought them with the intention of flipping, it's for all the factors above they are selling and that in itself is a BAD sign. It indicates to those not on here and maybe those who are on here, that people are not happy with the car/their purchase/their experience and hence, why would others want to take on the mantle and especially pay more?

(Here comes my obligatory attack from the side of me that is disappointed with LOTUS..)
So a car without Porsches following, technologically behind the competition and no doubt slower around a track than a comparable porsche (time will tell when someone does a GTS test vs the Emira V6, but my money is on the GTS), a car sold in vast numbers, not a limited FE run at all, which is what should have happened!, a car that looks great until you peal back the skin a little and see some down sides: a slapped on cheap copy ipad inside, luggage space way behind its competitor, seat options... none existent, one size fits all (but it really doesnt), even harry not happy with the water running onto the engine (maybe its not technically an issue, but its looks as if they could not engineer a solution and thats not encouraging), a bad FM antenna issue not solved in 15 years, a diluted engine noise, a red line lower than my ex's cleavage, and by all accounts, an aged engine thats "out of puff by about 6000 revs".
Overall, and yes I repeat myself, its a romantic alternative to the porsche, but its NOT a GT product from them and neither is the GTS in reality, and that doesnt fetch overs, so why should this. It should yes for the first 10 or so...... but so many things against it, not least the time of year :)

Very well put.

So a car without Porsches following, technologically behind the competition and no doubt slower around a track than a comparable porsche (time will tell when someone does a GTS test vs the Emira V6, but my money is on the GTS), a car sold in vast numbers, not a limited FE run at all, which is what should have happened!, a car that looks great until you peal back the skin a little and see some down sides: a slapped on cheap copy ipad inside, luggage space way behind its competitor, seat options... none existent, one size fits all (but it really doesnt), even harry not happy with the water running onto the engine (maybe its not technically an issue, but its looks as if they could not engineer a solution and thats not encouraging), a bad FM antenna issue not solved in 15 years, a diluted engine noise, a red line lower than my ex's cleavage, and by all accounts, an aged engine thats "out of puff by about 6000 revs".
Overall, and yes I repeat myself, its a romantic alternative to the porsche, but its NOT a GT product from them and neither is the GTS in reality, and that doesnt fetch overs, so why should this. It should yes for the first 10 or so...... but so many things against it, not least the time of year :)

Brutal, but spot on šŸ‘šŸ‘

Yes , that is the brutal bare truth of it. Wanted to love it . Looks great , but unfortunately that is it.Lotus standards are just not acceptable to a modern car buyer in volume. Pretty sure I am going to cancel - keep putting off the inevitable as donā€™t want the dream to end really !

A few points, Iā€™m not defending lotus but you are just looking for negativity period.
1. You canā€™t benchmark a car that costs almost twice as much as the emira (GTS), thatā€™s nonsense period.
2. ā€œCar of the yearā€ reviews arenā€™t always ā€œfairā€ as you put different car categories against each other which kinda loses the point (come on a BRZ, M240, DBX, morgan and more, what the hell are they comparing ?) and they will never be able to cover all the cars, where is the M cars where is the RS cars where are the AMGs and lambos ? where is the alpine ? Why werenā€™t all of them mentioned ? Because they couldnā€™t get a hold of them all period, not because they arenā€™t worth mentioning.
3. Yeah the drivetrain maybe old but why are you or anyone is surprised ? Anyone who though or considered or wanted to buy it knew what he was getting, itā€™s like buying a BRZ/Miata and acting surprised it has 200hp, or getting a huracan and being surprised every other supercar is faster than yours šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
Itā€™s a supercharged v6, yeah it has 400hp but it ā€œonlyā€ has 317 torque, supercharged cars will always be less efficient, the 911 has 450, the Supra had 500, the 400z has 475, of course they will accelerate faster and they will feel much faster how are you surprised ?
4. I barely know any car manufacturer thatā€™s working properly nowadays, so cut them some slack, a year-1.5 years as more than reasonable for a new car with preorders ffs. I have 3 cars on order and all of them have a 1 year waiting list (Audi and Porsche) and those are cars that are in production, 911 waiting time are a year plus with no guarantee on options and you praise Porsche. No doubt if lotus were more clear with their customers it would have been nicer but itā€™s never easy and not always doable.
6. Lotus is a small growing company, itā€™s not an easy task, sorry but anyone who put down a deposit should have taken it into account, you people should learn a thing or two from the ā€œTESLA FANBOYSā€ that imo have the worst experience (years of delays, worst QC and PDI, really bad quality imo, and least amount of options on a car (with highest margin of profit)) yet they are the pleased or at least not complaining all day everyday so they could enjoy it once it arrives. Look at all the fools that ordered the cyber truck and roadster lol.
5. IMHO I donā€™t think anyone with this approach will ever be able to enjoy the car, but hopefully you will and everyone else as well.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back