• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Another one! An actual car in a lovely shade of blue. Not convinced with black wheels though…

These sort of things annoy me "Very regretful sale due to a genuine change in financial circumstances since I was expecting the car in June."

The deposit is refundable. No one forced you to take delivery and then attempt to sell it for a 15K increase :mad:

Edit: I agree the black wheels don't work on this spec

These sort of things annoy me "Very regretful sale due to a genuine change in financial circumstances since I was expecting the car in June."

The deposit is refundable. No one forced you to take delivery and then attempt to sell it for a 15K increase :mad:

They might find £15k profit to be handy if they’re in financial trouble.

Seems to be a real shame that many of the first cars out the factory door are going to people who don’t intend on keeping them

And then there’s those who put a deposit down earlier, that would probably keep the car and they’ve been delayed

well originally it was a kit car ;)
Lotus 7 was sold as a "kit" so not surprising.....
not a real kit and just a tax avoidance trick, but technically the dealer or customer still had to put bits on their car before using it...hence kit car.
The Elan could also be bought as a kit.

Only 3 physical cars for sale
Yep, anyone with a deposit in could in theory advertise it as coming in Jan / Feb and try and get a buyer locked in. The gamble comes at the point where they have received their check out email and don’t have a buyer. I think at that point we might see some of the virtual flippers disappear as they ask for their deposit back or defer with the hope of having another go at being a flipper sometime next year when they get back to the top of the list again.

One of the Seneca blue cars on Autotrader is now showing as 'deposit taken'. £95k asking price

Same spec as mine… looks a bit sh*t! My plan was to paint them a Matt black like my old GT3… but after seeing this… not so sure!

Wheel colour is obviously a marmite opinion, personally, I'm not too fond of the car on silver alloys and is for the over 50s 🤭. I much preferred seeing the car on black alloys. Everyone moaning that someone didn't cancel their order and has put their car up for sale instead is naive and you just come across as bitter :)

Black wheels are definitely more contemporary.
We had silver alloys on the Bentley (2007 GTC). The missus scubbed them (wasn't me - honest) and they suggested going for that smoky middling charcoal colour, as 'everyone else loves it'.
We agreed and it took 10 years off it immediately.

Saying that. I would have had the silver wheels on the Green, Blue and Shadow cars.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back