• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

My two pennies worth, Mclaren is not a brand for comparing against regarding quality as they have a very poor reputation in this regard however people still seem to love them and tolerate this due to the sublime handling and performance characteristics. Time will tell for Lotus but I'm pretty certain they will not have the kind of quality issues Mclaren have.
Ive certainly seem some customers pointing out horrendous panel gaps and some of the reported issues beggar belief so yes, I think you may be right.
I hate to say it, but Ive already said it else where, we still cannot compare UK manufacturing with that of Germany, Japan etc... its a big shame, but whenever humans are involved, I simply dont see the same work ethic.... or salaries. A big generalisation I know, maybe more in motor industry and aston martin, although not making world beating products, do tend to make quality from what I have seen.... outdated tech due to mercedes by all accounts, but the rest seems to be quality.... and similar price point to maclaren depending on products

I hope the Emira is nothing like a BMW M. Despite the added bhp, I just prefer something lighter, simpler, more an analog.
I would say it does not feel like a BMW at all. It has a superb suspension for road use, is very planted and has so much traction,it’s quite the opposite I would say. At least with the Cup tyres it‘s so grippy that it’s hard to get the rear slipping under normal conditions.

Question is what happens when traction limit is reached? How does it handle then. The feeling can be quite intriguing to have unlimited grip and then it bites suddenly.

I would say it does not feel like a BMW at all. It has a superb suspension for road use, is very planted and has so much traction,it’s quite the opposite I would say. At least with the Cup tyres it‘s so grippy that it’s hard to get the rear slipping under normal conditions.

Question is what happens when traction limit is reached? How does it handle then. The feeling can be quite intriguing to have unlimited grip and then it bites suddenly.
As I found out on a wet roundabout when it span 180 degrees. No indication of it going and no way to handle it, maybe diesel or grease on the road as until.then it had felt controlled.

As I found out on a wet roundabout when it span 180 degrees. No indication of it going and no way to handle it, maybe diesel or grease on the road as until.then it had felt controlled.
Last time I hit a diesel spillage ( hidden in wet conditions ) it felt like skidding on ice........very distinctive, happened a couple of times on roundabouts.

yes as Ive said a few times, we keep hearing of the huge amount of "flippers" supposedly who ordered Emira's, but with 100 odd cars delivered worldwide to customers... i gues.... .where are all the flippers????
Most cars for sale are dealers in EU or are not actually in customers hands in the UK....
I totally disagree with this huge flipper idea...... most sales as we have said, are disappointed customers, scared customers, frustrated customers or those reacting to changing circumstances...
yes, but realize that the people that put down deposits to flip the car are most likely no longer taking possession. They most likely cancelled once rates got increased / or realized there wasn't enough profit. So the amount of current flippers will be far less noticeable. Mixed in with that will be cancellations from customers - the reasons have been given in our very own "I'm out" thread.

yes, but realize that the people that put down deposits to flip the car are most likely no longer taking possession. They most likely cancelled once rates got increased / or realized there wasn't enough profit. So the amount of current flippers will be far less noticeable. Mixed in with that will be cancellations from customers - the reasons have been given in our very own "I'm out" thread.
so what your saying is that you are right, and now there is no way to prove it...
you sound like my wife.....

so what your saying is that you are right, and now there is no way to prove it...
you sound like my wife.....
hahaha - there was never a way to know 100% if a car was sold to a flipper. Could have been a customer that just didn't like it or a another valid reason. IMO, it is just not possible at the time the Emira launched to not have a good amount of flippers in the order book. I think some dropped out when the economy turned, but most were waiting to see what the cars sold for... now the answers are fairly known with the small sample size. Most of the flippers will probably think the juice isn't worth the squeeze, and cancel.

Also noted with the other post someone had on here that Lotus was dealing with a cancellation backlog and trying to find CX's to move up the queue.

hahaha - there was never a way to know 100% if a car was sold to a flipper. Could have been a customer that just didn't like it or a another valid reason. IMO, it is just not possible at the time the Emira launched to not have a good amount of flippers in the order book. I think some dropped out when the economy turned, but most were waiting to see what the cars sold for... now the answers are fairly known with the small sample size. Most of the flippers will probably think the juice isn't worth the squeeze, and cancel.
maybe, but I generally disagree, simply as Lotus's have NEVER really fetched over sticker price... they have never ever been that sort after, apart from the first Elise's and esprits perhaps.. but even then, I doubt if they went for over sticker.
An expert flipper could have speculated with 5 k deposit for sure, why not, but if this flipper has an "IN" with porsche or other car companies where there is a chance to flip, I dont think they would even waste their time with an Emira at base 60k.. not worth their effort.
In any case, how many flippers are there out there in the UK..and who are they?
In terms of porsche, they are pretty wealthy people that get invited to the GT cars and again, these type of people have zero work to do in order to turn a 30k 40k 50k profit on a gt3.... it falls into their lap. Never going to be the case with an Emira, 5-15k tops, maybe first 4 5 6 20k in a good market, but they would be up against all these older lotus die hards to get their car first.... Unlikely they would be bothered to join that race.

Anyway, its a dead subject now as the prices are not looking great for all the reasons we know..... I think the waiting list will half collapse if I am honest and will soon be far less than a year, if they ever get up to full speed making them of course

well, clearly it can't be fact. My opinion is really based on greed. The fact that the car market was red hot when the Emira was revealed and deposits taken. I side with people wanting to make an easy profit, which at the time was very very easy if you could get a car for MSRP. - So in short, it is/was a risk free bet, with a refundable deposit and the ability to turn profit. Ya, I think there was a fair amount of it. Hence why you will see an equal fair amount of depositors drop. Im not saying its the majority; 10-15% of first year deposits.
I would wager that most flippers didn't show up until the buzz about the car started after the reveal. A flipper is someone who is not loyal to the brand and you'd have to be pretty dedicated to Lotus to put down 2500 on a new car without knowing what it'd look like, its specs, etc. Lotus has traditionally been a very low volume car with a niche owner base. Lotus owners are also not anything like Corvette owners who like to brag about their car being "1 of 1 red with the #XX package made on a Tuesday night with a factory coffee stain." In other words, Lotus is not typically associated with a flipper mentality among its members.

After Goodwood 2021, after some of the initial buzz about the car came about - sometime between July and September of 2021, I think that's when the flippers put their deposits in; just shortly after the Youtubers took notice of the car.

Anyway, its a dead subject now as the prices are not looking great for all the reasons we know..... I think the waiting list will half collapse if I am honest and will soon be far less than a year, if they ever get up to full speed making them of course

I have a feeling that's pretty close to the truth.

maybe, but I generally disagree, simply as Lotus's have NEVER really fetched over sticker price... they have never ever been that sort after, apart from the first Elise's and esprits perhaps.. but even then, I doubt if they went for over sticker.
An expert flipper could have speculated with 5 k deposit for sure, why not, but if this flipper has an "IN" with porsche or other car companies where there is a chance to flip, I dont think they would even waste their time with an Emira at base 60k.. not worth their effort.
In terms of porsche, they are pretty wealthy people that get invited to the GT cars and again, these type of people have zero work to do in order to turn a 30k 40k 50k profit on a gt3.... it falls into their lap. Never going to be the case with an Emira, 5-15k tops, maybe first 4 5 6 20k in a good market, but they would be up against all these older lotus die hards to get their car first.... Unlikely they would be bothered to join that race.

Also really bad time of year to be selling any sports car. Loads of people who might be interested won't bother until Spring.
Although personally I tend to buy at this time to get the best price 😉😉

let's be honest; a year ago VW Tiguan and Rav4's were selling for overs....

let's be honest; a year ago VW Tiguan and Rav4's were selling for overs....

maybe but does not mean flippers were doing the dirty.....
teslas are still selling for overs.... defenders..many cars, but we will have to agree to disagree.. I doubt more than 3% of lotus emira orders came from people who never had any intention of using the car

maybe but does not mean flippers were doing the dirty.....
teslas are still selling for overs.... defenders..many cars, but we will have to agree to disagree.. I doubt more than 3% of lotus emira orders came from people who never had any intention of using the car
agreed.... the real question I have - will this push the release of the i4/base V6 forward?

Lotus Ts and Cs say they may not accept an order if they have evidence that in their sole opinion leads them to believe that the buyer plans to immediately resell the car for attempted commercial gain. I wonder what impact that has had.

Lotus Ts and Cs say they may not accept an order if they have evidence that in their sole opinion leads them to believe that the buyer plans to immediately resell the car for attempted commercial gain. I wonder what impact that has had.
where did this come from??

and how on earth would they know.....
no one is going to go round spreading the info....
Im one of the possibilities, but still not certain what I will do with my blue baby

Potentially if you advertise a car that hasn’t been delivered to you yet. The spec and forecast date would let them narrow it down to 1-2 people. I don’t think they’ve enforced it yet.

They have asked dealers not to get involved with trading in newly-delivered cars, hence the car at Central getting moved.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back