FE I4 pricing no longer on US website

I have an existing reservation for a C8 which I have passed over twice because I like the Emira better and so far I’ve been willing to wait for. The C8 has for a long time had a configurator WITH prices even before it was released. The Emira needs to be competively priced otherwise I would have second thoughts about it’s purchase. We seem to be caught in a Lotus vortex and I’m getting dizzy.
I’m also on a 12 month c8 list. No way I’m paying $15k more for a lotus

They would not be able to control the situation. All it would take is for US buyer to place orders at every EU dealer. Spain/Belgium/Germany/Italy etc. Once the car has left UK and is paid for by the EU dealer they have no control on what happens.

The only way to prevent this, is by keeping the US dealer price low enough where it does not make it financially feasible. Or demand for the car drops off and nobody is willing to pay for it. Don't forget, there are some dealers charging above MSRP in the US... believe me, if there is a dollar to be made, they will sniff it out.
I agree with your second paragraph, but not the first, anyway, I don’t see a problem with things as they are, officially appointed dealers are the only way to go longterm, one example is the warranty, if you buy a Rolex “cheap” alk well and good until you have a problem with it

About 2 weeks ago, I actually sent an email through Tammy to Matt, asking him to adjust the base prices and FE price based on the current exchange rates. I pointed out what the exchange rate was when the pricing was announced (the pound was worth $1.37 U.S.) and it's now $1.08. I pointed out that readjusting the base price of the £59,995 i4, would now put it at $64,995 U.S., $10k less than what it was, which would make it very competitive to the Corvette C8 which is now $67k. This does not require lowering the prices in the U.K. at all.

In addition, I pointed out how much better this revised pricing would position the Emira in the marketplace in the U.S., and would undoubtedly increase sales. I didn't get a reply back from either Tammy or Matt, but then suddenly the pricing is gone from the U.S. configurator. I don't know if my email got through and now they're considering my proposal, but the timing is certainly interesting. I hope they consider this, as it would open up the Emira as a very attractive alternative sports car to what many would otherwise be looking at. With the economy here as it is, dropping the base price by $10k would definitely get people's attention.

About 2 weeks ago, I actually sent an email through Tammy to Matt, asking him to adjust the base prices and FE price based on the current exchange rates. I pointed out what the exchange rate was when the pricing was announced (the pound was worth $1.37 U.S.) and it's now $1.08. I pointed out that readjusting the base price of the £59,995 i4, would now put it at $64,995 U.S., $10k less than what it was, which would make it very competitive to the Corvette C8 which is now $67k. This does not require lowering the prices in the U.K. at all.

In addition, I pointed out how much better this revised pricing would position the Emira in the marketplace in the U.S., and would undoubtedly increase sales. I didn't get a reply back from either Tammy or Matt, but then suddenly the pricing is gone from the U.S. configurator. I don't know if my email got through and now they're considering my proposal, but the timing is certainly interesting. I hope they consider this, as it would open up the Emira as a very attractive alternative sports car to what many would otherwise be looking at. With the economy here as it is, dropping the base price by $10k would definitely get people's attention.
I’m starting to appreciate you a bit more (even if Matt scored an office 3 pointer with your letter)

We’ve got a large spread on this thread, estimated price -15% to +21% 🤣

While I appreciate your gesture and would love for Lotus to apply your suggestion (or meet us half way), it is more likely that Lotus has/is facing huge supply chain price increases since the initial pricing was determined and announced. Material and automotive component inflation has largely outstripped consumer inflation. This is not including the capex, labor, etc. costs incurred due to delays - so even given a weaker GBP, my intution says they'd not be keen on offering a price reduction for certain markets.

While I appreciate your gesture and would love for Lotus to apply your suggestion (or meet us half way), it is more likely that Lotus has/is facing huge supply chain price increases since the initial pricing was determined and announced. Material and automotive component inflation has largely outstripped consumer inflation. This is not including the capex, labor, etc. costs incurred due to delays - so even given a weaker GBP, my intution says they'd not be keen on offering a price reduction for certain markets.
I second this ^... The only caveat would be contractual obligations regarding FX between Lotus USA and Lotus UK.

There is a possibility it lowers, but seems unlikely. Lotus USA is a subsidiary of Lotus UK, I am sure those contracts will favour Hethel.

It is not easy to navigate at the moment for Lotus. They have to be concerned on multiple fronts. Importation, recession, inflation, FX, supply chain, staffing, CS.... The list goes on. Tough spot for them.

Based on 1 GBP = 1.11 USD

Pre Tax V6FE example
UK = 75995 GBP - 20% VAT = 60769 GBP = $67483
US = $93900
US Difference = +$26417

Might that offer a buffer where Lotus could increase sterling price and hold the US price constant..?

Pre Tax V6FE example
US = $93900
US Difference = +$26417

Might that offer a buffer where Lotus could increase sterling price and hold the US price constant..?
UK pricing has not changed and is still being shown on their website. Every other region (EU/USA/AUS/ASIA) has removed base price and i4 f/e pricing.

My guess is everyone gets an increase except for first model year UK deliveries. It is strange as I have never seen a auto company remove advertised pricing before delivering a vehicle. Well, I guess the Tesla Cybertruck is the only other one I could think of. (but they delayed the truck for 3+ years) Rivian tried to increase pricing, but was met with law suits and outrage. They backtracked to the original pricing.

Pre Tax V6FE example
US = $93900
US Difference = +$26417

Just as an aside, can we please stop doing this - the maths is wrong.

VAT is a 20% tax added onto the gross value. So 20% VAT on £100 is £20, for a total of £120 including VAT.

You can't just subtract 20% of £120 which would be £24 to go the other way - you only added 20% VAT on £100 which is £20 - to get your VAT-exclusive price. You must divide by 1.2 (120%) instead.

So, UK £75995 inclusive of VAT = £63,329 exclusive of VAT.

I’m still going to put my deposit down this week. If Lotus comes out with some truly outrageous pricing then I guess I’ll have to re-evaluate my course of action.

My only other desired alternatives are an Evora GT/400, Supra or GR86.

I’m still going to put my deposit down this week. If Lotus comes out with some truly outrageous pricing then I guess I’ll have to re-evaluate my course of action.

My only other desired alternatives are an Evora GT/400, Supra or GR86.
You may as well get an Evora now have some fun and put the deposit down 🤷

You may as well get an Evora now have some fun and put the deposit down 🤷
Maybe, but I don't want to spend unnecessary money if I don't have to. If I bought an Evora not only would I possibly be paying an over-inflated price and then being forced to hope prices don't nosedive in the market soon, I also would have to resist the urge to spend money on mods for a car I'm planning on selling in a year (which I don't trust myself to do).

Maybe, but I don't want to spend unnecessary money if I don't have to. If I bought an Evora not only would I possibly be paying an over-inflated price and then being forced to hope prices don't nosedive in the market soon, I also would have to resist the urge to spend money on mods for a car I'm planning on selling in a year (which I don't trust myself to do).
Surely if u place a deposit now though you may not get a car for 18 to 24 months? What are dealers saying?
I honestly think Evora GT410 and Sports will be fine value wise when folk realise they are the better drivers car

Surely if u place a deposit now though you may not get a car for 18 to 24 months? What are dealers saying?
I honestly think Evora GT410 and Sports will be fine value wise when folk realise they are the better drivers car
Legitimately I have no idea. My dealer is relatively confident that I would have a Q3/Q4 2023 delivery. I'm not too sure about that though. I'm honestly willing to just buy a $5k Corolla if I really found myself needing a car. 18-24 months is crazy though. I hope that's not the case for US buyers, although I can see it happening pretty easily.

The plus side is that once production car reviews are out we'll be able to see how the Emira stacks up against the GT/4xx. If it really turns out to be better I may consider it but I kinda actually want the tech and the new front too. Haha.

Ya know when a sexy car with zero daily cred becomes a terrible idea? When it’s priced 20% too high 2 months before a global recession

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back