• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Fuelling issues

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Have had the Emira just over a couple of weeks now and loving it! I don't know if there is a knack to putting petrol in (and I do believe it is a little tricky due to the horizontal placing of the filler cap) but twice now I have gone to fill up and encountered regular cut outs..as if its full and a couple of occasions when the fuel erupted out of the tank like Vesuvius, bloody annoying...over my lovely bright paintwork. Other peoples experiences would be appreciated.

Have had the Emira just over a couple of weeks now and loving it! I don't know if there is a knack to putting petrol in (and I do believe it is a little tricky due to the horizontal placing of the filler cap) but twice now I have gone to fill up and encountered regular cut outs..as if its full and a couple of occasions when the fuel erupted out of the tank like Vesuvius, bloody annoying...over my lovely bright paintwork. Other peoples experiences would be appreciated.
Sounds like a problem in the fuel pump itself, there is a mechanism in the fuel pump that suppose to stop the fuel from coming out whenever it senses more gas fumes than it should (I.e when the tank is full and gets close to the nozzle), that makes sense for the fuel to burst out and not stop as it is designed to, the cutout while fueling is odd but may also be due to the fuel pump but in that regard I’m not certain
Edit: for me it never happen thou I only fueled the car around 3 times (soon I’ll go visit the car again haha), did you happen to fuel the car mostly in the same pump ? If so you could try different petrol stations

Never had that happen in 10k kilometers on any petrol station. Overflowing sounds like a pump issue I'd say.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back