• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

📓 Journals Got my Emira - questions anybody?

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
The Emira (at least mine) did NOT come with a trickle charger!

My Evora came with one, I believe all Lotus of the last generation did. But the Emira did not have one. It comes with a tire repair kit and a tow hook.

The Evora definitely needed it in my case. But probably because the GT430 has the small Lithium Ion lightweight battery and I installed a tracker in it which sucked the battery (nearly) empty in about 2 weeks when sitting in my garage because it doesn't have mobile signal down there.

Not sure how the Scorpion tracker in the Emira will handle this.

Did you get the option of factory PPF? If so, what are the packages and prices?

No, this option is not available in Germany straight from factory.

Here’s another question.…

In some images, it appears as though the center infotainment screen is offset/not aligned with the center console and shifter.

Can you confirm either way?

@Dabjbr

Yes, I would say it is not centered over the transmission tunnel but shifted to the right (judging from one of the photos on my camera roll, I'm on vacation for a few weeks and haven't got the car around 🙂)

DBEE694A-9EA0-4E57-AC66-55F3C8DC0BD8.jpeg

Hallo Heiner,

herzlichen Glückwunsch nochmal von meiner Seite und danke für all die Infos! :)

I also have a question regarding weight, if you had the possibility to weigh the car with a full tank of fuel, that would be nice! IIRC there is a 1486kg weighed by EVO or a nother magazine. The Lotus Manual says something about 1493kg.

My mind is already doing some maths how to reduce weight and one of the most apealing is to change the battery. Almost 17kg could saved alone with this measure.

Bitte weiter so!

Viele Grüße
Thomas

Hi @TomAce, danke für die freundlichen Worte 🙂

It's obviously not that easy to weight the car. My poor little Hario scale I used to measure the key won't cut it I guess 😅 No matter how "light" the Emira might be. Not sure I'll have access to a way to measure the car.

Yes, the battery... but I am not sure if I personally would pay 1500+€ to get 10-20kgs of the car. I prefer the comfort of not being worried if I need to put the car on a charger personally.

Viele Grüsse! 🙌🏻

My Evora came with one, I believe all Lotus of the last generation did. But the Emira did not have one. It comes with a tire repair kit and a tow hook.

The Evora definitely needed it in my case. But probably because the GT430 has the small Lithium Ion lightweight battery and I installed a tracker in it which sucked the battery (nearly) empty in about 2 weeks when sitting in my garage because it doesn't have mobile signal down there.

My Evora GT410 Sport (2019) does NOT come with trickle charger.
most I left it in garage was 3 weeks and no issue at all. Of course it's not the lightweight battery, so I think we should have no issues with Emira.
Guess we will not find out until winter hits, since you fortunate early drivers are not letting it settle for more than a few days at this stage !!!

@Dabjbr

Yes, I would say it is not centered over the transmission tunnel but shifted to the right (judging from one of the photos on my camera roll, I'm on vacation for a few weeks and haven't got the car around 🙂)

I took a photo today - the infotainment screen is significantly shifted to the right...

20221103_145602.jpg

Does the Emira have any 12v sockets that are constantly live - that can be used to plug in a trickle charger?

Does the Emira have any 12v sockets that are constantly live - that can be used to plug in a trickle charger?
No, That was true for those Evoras that had a 12V socket in the boot, but later models didn't have that and the Emira internal 12V is switched with the ignition.

The solution will be to add wired tails to the battery, feeding out of the battery compartment into the boot then plug your charger into that. You should still be able to run the cable across the rubber boot seal, like on the Evora. I've seen one of the US dealer tour cars with this arrangement.

@RENDERMAN depends usually on the type of PPF. On my Evora it lasts already for 4 years without turning yellow. But then I also have to say it doesn't stand in the sun a lot.

My Evora GT410 Sport (2019) does NOT come with trickle charger.
most I left it in garage was 3 weeks and no issue at all. Of course it's not the lightweight battery, so I think we should have no issues with Emira.
Guess we will not find out until winter hits, since you fortunate early drivers are not letting it settle for more than a few days at this stage !!!
yes...its only the lith. ion light weight Lotus's to my mind that came with a trickle charger..and I for one am glad the 10 kilo weight saving is overlooked for the practicality of not having to plug the damn thing in all the time, which sometimes is not feasible...
I think the US dealer has got his battery trickle charger wires crossed....

@RENDERMAN depends usually on the type of PPF. On my Evora it lasts already for 4 years without turning yellow. But then I also have to say it doesn't stand in the sun a lot.
I live in the US capital of the sun.....When ever you can afford it, have a reputable installer do it right with a good warranty, mine gives me 10 years, I did my Range Rover and I'm waiting for some Carbon parts to do my GT next

Very informative thread! Finally getting wheel specs is helpful. Hoping to save an easy 25+ kilos right off the bat on my Emira with custom wheels and li-ion 12V.

I've had a lithium battery in my daily driver for 3 years and 40k miles that hasn't required any more maintenance than a standard 12V. It weighs 4.9lbs (2.2kgs) and cost $440. Possibly the best $ per lb weight savings ratio you'll be able to find outside of skipping lunch. Extra bonus that it removes weight from the rear on a mid-engined car and will allow more trunk space as it's half the standard size. No more ugly protruding felt cover in the boot. It's a no-brainer for me. Might be different for those who don't enjoy their cars as often or live in the far north however...