• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Grind When downshifting to 2nd gear

swisscheese

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey All,

I've had my Emira for about 600 miles now and still in the break in period. I started noticing a grind when I downshift from 3rd to 2nd gear. I definitely noticed this when coming to a stop at low speeds. It is less noticeable at high speeds but I can still feel the grind on the clutch pedal at those speeds.

I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue, but I'm thinking syncro. What is everyone's thoughts?

Thanks,

Swiss

This doesn’t feel typical. I would take it in for a look. My s2000 has the occasional infrequent grind but only when cold and I don’t fully engage clutch, like trying to shift too quickly or not fully in gear when shifting. Feel like it’s operator error for the most part. the S gears are so short that I can get it wrong.

I would try slowing down your shifting technique and see if it still happens. It’s hard to be really quick and smooth with the emira. It’s much more deliberate than most gearboxes I’m used to.