GRP Intake Shootout Dyno Testing!

I see the GRP intake is now available on the website | LINK |

I’m excited to hear what people think about it, especially compared to the Eventuri system

I see the GRP intake is now available on the website | LINK |

I’m excited to hear what people think about it, especially compared to the Eventuri system
Yup, FedEx just delivered mine. Plan to put it in next week. Will report back.

Of course it is not carbon Eventuri eye candy but the build quality seems top notch.

Yup, FedEx just delivered mine. Plan to put it in next week. Will report back.

Of course it is not carbon Eventuri eye candy but the build quality seems top notch.
Yeah the thing is with the Eventuri, you can't see it from the outside so the eye candy is essentially wasted. It would be nice if it was visible, but it makes up for it with performance. Putting gold heat-reflect foil around their silicone tube helped to at least add some bling, which does look nice through the rear window.

Yeah the thing is with the Eventuri, you can't see it from the outside so the eye candy is essentially wasted. It would be nice if it was visible, but it makes up for it with performance. Putting gold heat-reflect foil around their silicone tube helped to at least add some bling, which does look nice through the rear window.

Totally agree and if you every go over 500hp you have to loose the glass and have a carbon vented cover to release the heat, with nothing visible. Even with non-tinted glass there isn't much to see.
is there a weight difference or have I missed that?

Again great work for Greg testing different options unlike most of the other suppliers just providing their own over inflated figures. (y)

Totally agree and if you every go over 500hp you have to loose the glass and have a carbon vented cover to release the heat, with nothing visible. Even with non-tinted glass there isn't much to see.
is there a weight difference or have I missed that?

Again great work for Greg testing different options unlike most of the other suppliers just providing their own over inflated figures. (y)
Yeah when I weighed it compared to the factory airbox, the Eventuri is 1/2 lb lighter.

@GRP any update on the dyno tests for the exhaust? I'd really like to know if the 3rd cat delete does anything for increasing torque.

@GRP any update on the dyno tests for the exhaust? I'd really like to know if the 3rd cat delete does anything for increasing torque.
While we wait for the more detailed results from Greg on his follow up dyno testing, the chart below shows his dyno results with the exhaust and decat with both the stock intake and the new GRP intake. The exhaust and decat alone appear to add about 5 hp and 6 ft lbs of torque. This comes from hs listing for the new intake.

1728746349469.png

While we wait for the more detailed results from Greg on his follow up dyno testing, the chart below shows his dyno results with the exhaust and decat with both the stock intake and the new GRP intake. The exhaust and decat alone appear to add about 5 hp and 6 ft lbs of torque. This comes from hs listing for the new intake.

View attachment 53263
The only thing that looks like it's making any actual difference is the intake up to the point where it looks like the ECU is making a sudden correction of some kind. I'm guessing that's around 4k rpm? But you can also see once that correction is made, there's no practical difference between stock and the mods. That has to be the ECU not having time to truly adjust to the changes.

The only thing that looks like it's making any actual difference is the intake up to the point where it looks like the ECU is making a sudden correction of some kind. I'm guessing that's around 4k rpm? But you can also see once that correction is made, there's no practical difference between stock and the mods. That has to be the ECU not having time to truly adjust to the changes.
Yeah, the gains are pretty modest and favor the intake based upon the charts we've seen and I don't know how much of an adjustment the factory ECU could make over time. My take is that a tune would be required to take full advantage of the bolt-ons and that would open up a lot of additional possibilities. It also adds a fair amount of cost and inconvenience of course.

Last edited:
It would be good to see what either make after say 500 miles.
My previous Eventuri made 8hp out the box but 17hp on the same set up on the next base run I did 1000 miles later before swapping the turbo.
Hearing owners saying they had the biggest gains in lower rpm 2nd and third gear it’s a pity that can’t really be measured on the rolling roads.

Yeah, the gains are pretty modest and favor the intake based upon the charts we've seen and I don't know how much of an adjustment the factory ECU could make over time. My take is that a tune would be required to take full advantage of the bolt-ons and that would open up a lot of additional possibilities. It also adds a fair amount of cost and inconvenience of course.
I fully agree on a tune to get the best out of the air intakes. I believe the JUBU 440 uses a penance drop in filter so doubt it will make much of a difference.
The difference from OEM all depends on whether restrictions hold it back, or it’s all minimal.
When someone does a tune that requires a pulley change for increased boost they will come into their own but I’m now sure we will see that without having to have a built engine. It is possible to have a 500hp tune with the torque limited to 500 but probably not the call for it.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back