Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

Now that I'm seeing 'real world' footage of the Emira out on the roads, I really like how classy it looks. It's not gaudy like so many of the so-called super cars. The exhaust note sounds sporty without being obnoxious. It's also interesting that he's getting 29 mpg before it's even been properly broken in. This looks like it's going to be a nice all-around trip car for short or long adventures.

Can't wait to get mine!

he's getting 29 mpg

That is good, but he's also on a roadtrip and staying out of high boost. Would be nice if part 3 of the video has him well over 1,000 miles and he gets on it a little more. I'm sure the drive back will have a lower average mpg. 😉

That is good, but he's also on a roadtrip and staying out of high boost. Would be nice if part 3 of the video has him well over 1,000 miles and he gets on it a little more. I'm sure the drive back will have a lower average mpg. 😉
I think the better metric is Smiles per mile.
Remember, your mileage may vary.

It’s here.
It's nice to finally see a video demonstration of that "water-empties-into-engine-bay" quirk! For some reason I couldn't quite picture what it would look like from all the forum posts. :p

In any case, great video series so far! I love Harry's relaxed, soft-spoken presentation style. Makes for a really smooth & pleasant viewing experience. 👌

This videos series is probably the best (and cheapest) piece of PR / advertising for the Emira. Miles better than all the new, trying too hard, nouveau riche ads they put out.

The fact he’s taking his Emira to Pagani and Ferrari is not lost on the audience and instantly elevates the car and creates a lot of brand equity for Lotus (a few million worth at least).

I got tired of the wait personally and got an interim car but I’ll be keeping my deposit in till I get a chance to drive it. All my gripes aside it does look a stunning car.

Am I the only one that thinks the clip of him opening the boot and water going all over the supercharger is an extremely bad design fault.

To be fair,Scott did show him a way to open it slowly so that it filtered down the sides at the base of the engine bay,Harry just launched it up and soaked the Supercharger cover 🤣

Am I the only one that thinks the clip of him opening the boot and water going all over the supercharger is an extremely bad design fault.

To be fair,Scott did show him a way to open it slowly so that it filtered down the sides at the base of the engine bay,Harry just launched it up and soaked the Supercharger cover 🤣
I was just about to say the same thing; he was meant to open it about 1/3 of the way, let the water drain and then continue to open it fully...Not rocket science, but I agree, there must be a SIMPLE design solution so all that would not be necessary, lip, half tube, whatever.... problem should never exist

It's not as though the uK never gets any rain to test this out in real world prototype testing. I guess this is the price you pay to have an exotic looking car
Thats ridiculous! its certainly not the price you pay for having a cool and exotic looking car and I insist, my Ariel Nomad never got a drop of rain on the engine....

1670491451046.png

haha

Wow, that must be an epic great fun car.
I think its one of my favourites ever yes... not for the 90% of lotus gents I would say, but an amazing experience. if it wasn't for insurance issues and using the car out of the UK, I'd still have it.... instead of the owners of alfaholics owning it

Wait, I was thinking the opposite; how do I cover the baggage space when I pressure wash the engine bay?

Same for down under.. however I'm wondering how i will pressure wash the rear of the car without blasting foam, dirt and water into the engine bay !
Just get some sponges and squeeze them into that gap when you're washing the car. Take them out when you're done.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back