Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

Am I the only one that thinks the clip of him opening the boot and water going all over the supercharger is an extremely bad design fault.

To be fair,Scott did show him a way to open it slowly so that it filtered down the sides at the base of the engine bay,Harry just launched it up and soaked the Supercharger cover 🤣
My Evora 410 Sport was just the same. In fact the engine was continually wet in the rain with the open carbon louvres. Didn't seem to cause any issues. You do get used to it and open slowly. At least it has gas struts where the 410 just had a manual strut.

And on the S1 Evora the small scoop above the door handle would also fill with water and then empty onto your foot when you opened the door. These are all what makes the car “characterful”.

And on the S1 Evora the small scoop above the door handle would also fill with water and then empty onto your foot when you opened the door. These are all what makes the car “characterful”.

Well now I'm feeling FOMO.

"characterful" is the very word that crossed my mind when getting wet while driving a Caterham in the rain with the roof ON.

Harry’s euro tour trip in a spec I would take myself except for black roof and wheels, is really keeping the Emira on my radar. Like it is this or a 991.2 carrera T, those are the only 2 things that will budge me off my current car.

Harry’s euro tour trip in a spec I would take myself except for black roof and wheels, is really keeping the Emira on my radar. Like it is this or a 991.2 carrera T, those are the only 2 things that will budge me off my current car.
Out of interest, why would you go for a 991.2 T over the 991.2 GTS? Reason I ask is I’m not totally up to date with every model and I’m considering the latter. The T wasn’t really on my radar

Out of interest, why would you go for a 991.2 T over the 991.2 GTS? Reason I ask is I’m not totally up to date with every model and I’m considering the latter. The T wasn’t really on my radar
A lot of people consider the "T" to be a more driver focused trim. Less weight, less frills, etc.

For those of you worried about a bit of water on the engine, I’ll just leave this here:

F2C3ECE0-72B2-4058-A74F-6103509583CB.jpeg

My old Exige 350 (louvered tailgate) after being downwind in the snow.

It was fine.

I will do so within the hour
I was just starting to like you again, after stealing my car, but you've let us down... several hours later....
no rush.... any time tomorrow before 9am :)....

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks the clip of him opening the boot and water going all over the supercharger is an extremely bad design fault.

To be fair,Scott did show him a way to open it slowly so that it filtered down the sides at the base of the engine bay,Harry just launched it up and soaked the Supercharger cover 🤣
Yep, it just strikes me as a massive 'oops didn't see that happening' moment! . Lots of time was probably spent on the design in wind tunnels and even when it went outside, I guess nobody had to open the boot! I was thinking some king of rubber seal pushed over the forward edge of body work on the boot lid. Better stick with the privacy glass😬

Just get some sponges and squeeze them into that gap when you're washing the car. Take them out when you're done.
After a few bottles of champagne , I found the solution

It's a two step process:

1. Don´t drive when ir rains or snow

2. Take it to the Dry Cleaner

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back