• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

How bad does the boot/trunk heat get?

ggazso

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi everyone!

After watching several videos of the Emira, I noticed that many people kept vaguely commenting on how the boot/trunk storage space gets rather hot after running the engine for some time.

I wanted to see if any current owners could give me a more concrete description of how hot it tends to get. I plan to daily my Emira, so it would be nice to know if storing groceries in the back would be a no-go, for example.

Thanks in advance!

I can only imagine how hot the turbo Emira trunks get. That giant snail sits right up against it! 😰

View attachment 51386
This has sparked some heated opinions.
With Turbo think of it as a Convection arrangement. Then it will make sense.
As designs go, it dries out the wet trunk from leaking seals or water runoff.
You need to appreciate the engineering here.
#FortheDriers

The trunk does get legitimately hot. Much more than really any normal car. The cooler idea is a great one. I once left my MacBook in the trunk on a short ride and it was hot to the touch when I pulled it out of the trunk. Never again.

The turbo? Well, I can only imagine the heat.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back