How many miles you got on your Emira!?

Less than 50 miles so far (drove home from the dealership).

Carpet
Loose carpeting that needed to be retucked under the trim. Did it myself, no biggie.

Suspension bouncy
Car seems bouncy compared to what I remember from multiple test drives and a track day at Hethel last year. It reminded me of a previous new car I had when the dealer forgot to remove the transport spacer blocks from the springs. Did ask about this possibility but was told none of the Emiras are
shipped this way. So, I’ll drive a little more and see if I still feel this way. May just be hypersensitivity with a new ($$$) car.
As an update, adjusted tire pressures. Can’t say it made an huge difference. However driving it more seems that only low speeds it is somewhat bouncy but at speed (>35-40 mph) seems right/taut/controlled. So all good there.

I’m now at 750 miles… getting more familiar with the Emira and liking it more and more but man would I love to have better seats and the seat height lower! Currently looking into options. Anyone else?

As an update, adjusted tire pressures. Can’t say it made an huge difference. However driving it more seems that only low speeds it is somewhat bouncy but at speed (>35-40 mph) seems right/taut/controlled. So all good there.

I’m now at 750 miles… getting more familiar with the Emira and liking it more and more but man would I love to have better seats and the seat height lower! Currently looking into options. Anyone else?

B10 tillet seats

Reactions: axm
Anyone have zero issues and are racking up the miles?
Big day for me. Completed the 1,000 mile break-in without Emira issues.
Officially graduated from Touring to Sport mode.
OMG - what a difference in personality!
Worth that wait.
20240630_100150.jpg
20240630_085752.jpg

14300miles. Seems like we figured all common issues out by now. I had to deal with most of them. Last third almost error free - at least nothing requiring a dealer or downtime :)

Last edited:
14300miles. Seems like we figured all common issues out by now. I had to deal with most of them. Last third almost error free - at least nothing requiring a dealer or including downtime :)
Hot damn that is good stuff!! How long have owned it for?

I'm 13 days into ownership and just cleared the 1,000 mile mark today. So far, zero significant issues. The only, very minor issues I have encountered are as follows:

1. My iPhone 15 pro often does not wirelessly reconnect to CarPlay. It seems to happen about every other day. If I go into phone settings and connect via bluetooth to the Emira it works fine. I'm not sure yet whether this is a problem with my phone or the car itself. Not a big deal but somewhat annoying. I haven't had this issue with my BMW so I do suspect it may be the Emira.

2. There is a very slight ticking noise during acceleration and I've yet to figure out where it's coming from. It's kind of a faint flutter. No biggie, but I'd like to eliminate it if possible.

3. Sometimes my driver's side window likes to go back up when I put it down. This sometimes happens twice in a row. Eventually it stays down and this only happens maybe once every 10 times putting down the window.

4. The passenger weight sensor for the seatbelt is SUPER sensitive. If I literally put my phone on the passenger seat, it may start dinging indicating that the passenger seatbelt is not fastened. It's as if the passenger weight sensor is configured to detect literally half a pound of weight.

Despite these tiny issues, I consider the car to be nearly perfect and am thoroughly enjoying it as much as I possibly can. 100% LOVE IT.
I'm nearing 4000 miles / 4 months with these small issues as well. Nothing that is super critical IMO.

Only 300 miles so far. Only issue is not being able to go above 4,000 RPM yet. Feels like that is where the power really kicks in.

Nearly 4000 miles and due in for its first service at the end of the month. This is the list so far:-

1. Car really poorly presented considering it was brand new. My detailer had to sort out half a dozen bird lime blemishes AND the dealers poor atempts at correcting them.
2. Windscreen washer didn't work on collection, hose not connected!
3. Front doors filled with water the first time I parked it on an incline in rain, sorted by removing the rubber bungs from the door.
4. Occassionally difficult to get into 1st, much improved by adjustments made by Bell & Colvill
5. One instance of non starting, started after I left it 5 minutes
6. One instance of handbrake sticking on, sorted by turning off and on again.
7. A few rattles, one (dashboard) fixed by B&C, others (centre consol and driver's side door trim/seatbelt area) intermittent and not major.
8. Aircon failed, well it only worked on and off from new, sorted by B&C a couple of months ago.

I wasn't impressed by the Ashford dealer service dept post purchase (the dealer staff were great before purchase and really helpful), so it now goes to B&C who have been a pleasure to deal with.

All of the issues are now (fingers crossed) sorted and many of them were minor however coming from a GT86 which was faultless for 7 years, and still is, it's been a bit of a shock having a few issues with a new car.

Despite that it is still as beautiful as the day I first saw one and is definitely a keeper.

Last edited: