I4 (AMG-2.0 Turbo) DCT gearbox software update from LOTUS - mid August 2024

There is a software update that seems to have been released by Lotus for the gear shifting algorithm of the Emira AMG-2.0 Turbo. This may improve the perceived delays when using the flappy pedals, and it is said to even improve going from forward motion into reverse. It will be interesting to hear from owners, that gets this installed, about the extent and subjective feel of this update.

Did anything more come of the software update for the 40bhp increase?
Anyone know what the software version is, if its actually a thing?

Car goes to the shop on Wednesday and if there is an upgrade, I want it :)

Did anything more come of the software update for the 40bhp increase?
Anyone know what the software version is, if its actually a thing?

Car goes to the shop on Wednesday and if there is an upgrade, I want it :)
Got my car back and pparently all updates applied. Power bar still tops out at 360 :(

Got my car back and pparently all updates applied. Power bar still tops out at 360 :(
Does it feel the same though.... the bhp on that power bar may not ever show the correct hp. It may only go up to 360 even when your running 500hp, as it could be linked to throttle position (for example).

Does it feel the same though.... the bhp on that power bar may not ever show the correct hp. It may only go up to 360 even when your running 500hp, as it could be linked to throttle position (for example).
The power meter is certainly calculated, however it's probably relatively close.
You can put this to bed for ~$100. Just buy a Draggy performance meter, the new ones are very easy to use and pretty accurate (with a level test area) .

360 Hp with a small driver (150lbs) + launch control on a cool day should yield ~4.2 sec to 60mph without rollout

400hp same conditions ~3.8 seconds

That's an interesting thought about the power bar only going up to 360bhp, here's a picture of mine and you can see Its indicating 389bhp, but you can also see the power bar does extends a little further to probably somewhere around 400bhp, maybe someone else can confirm when they see 360 on their power bar is it topped out or is there still space for it to go further. Hope that makes sense

thumbnail_IMG_1554.jpg

That's an interesting thought about the power bar only going up to 360bhp, here's a picture of mine and you can see Its indicating 389bhp, but you can also see the power bar does extends a little further to probably somewhere around 400bhp, maybe someone else can confirm when they see 360 on their power bar is it topped out or is there still space for it to go further. Hope that makes sense

.View attachment 53674

This is what my 400hp I4 displays. I see 480Nm and 411bhp max figures (not at same time, as torque is a little down by the time max power is delivered).

Have an Audi RS3 8 Y, a few days ago, just to get an idea of actual performance, I done a quick test, with a draggy, on it and my Emira, on same bit of road, one after the other, achieved 0-60 mph time of 3.59 for the Audi, and 3.91 for the Lotus. I’m fairly satisfied that the performance figures are reliable.

Have an Audi RS3 8 Y, a few days ago, just to get an idea of actual performance, I done a quick test, with a draggy, on it and my Emira, on same bit of road, one after the other, achieved 0-60 mph time of 3.59 for the Audi, and 3.91 for the Lotus. I’m fairly satisfied that the performance figures are reliable.
Bizarrely, I also have an RS3 8Y and I would add that the Audi pulls harder but there is definitely more turbo lag in the Audi.

Bizarrely, I also have an RS3 8Y and I would add that the Audi pulls harder but there is definitely more turbo lag in the Audi.

Agreed , I would like to get rid of the lag in ordinary drive mode, and performance mode can be very aggressive. The Lotus responds well in all modes.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back