• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I4 build date given

I can’t see how they can - we will have had inflation in the UK of circa 21% since the launch price was set

Interested to see how you've calculated that?

I can’t see how they can - we will have had inflation in the UK of circa 21% since the launch price was set
Same email from Lotus. In fact never had an email from Lotus with good news so laughed when I saw it in the inbox. Ha ... those clowns again, what have they done now! Lotus have some balls dropping emails regarding 7 months delays like it's a invite to a party. No mention of my £6,000 they are holding onto tightly all this time.

Manufacture schedule for September. Deposit paid 9th July.

Every date ever given out by Lotus has been missed by a mile and I have no belief in these clown being able to deliver a Lotus T-shirt for September never mind a fully made car.

Not sure if I have the stomach to buy a car from such a company. One things for sure though, have a lot of time to think about it.

So,

Sure there will be an influx of these coming through as the emails land. I4 deposit 19th July `21. Build date of October `23.

And you v6 boys thought you were getting a raw end of the deal!
I have also received the email confirming🤞 September build. 12th July deposit, I hope to god it doesn't move back or I'll be buying a used McLaren 570s

August 18th 2021 V6 changed to i4 FULL deposit paid. Was hoping for Q1/Q2 2023.
Email today saying Nov 2023.

Wanted to buy British but if my 911 GTS allocation happens before next June I will jump ship. The Emira interior isn’t really doing it for me either if I’m totally honest…

Just got my lotus email. Deposit 8th July 21 new delivery date August 23 with a promise of monthly updates and a test drive soon LOL.

I placed my i4 deposit the night of the reveal. Now they email me telling me November 2023 !
Which in its self is way off the early 2023 my last email said ! Then to rub it in !
How come Goodwood deposits are getting August and September?? 2023 ? Plus I was putting up with the 6 colours just to get an early car. If Im daft enough to wait that long , I’d rather have an Aspen white base edition.
I sold my Boxster in anticipation, likely heading back that way now .
Despairing 😩

Remember Al using farcical to Peter during the OJ joyride on Stern. Such a great word

Last edited:
Actually I am happy (ish) about the email. It smacks of realism rather than the previous next week, no the week after, sorry no maybe next month nonsense we have been receiving.

This is a toy for me, I didn’t have one before just a work Tesla M3P and a M235i daily so nothing to sell and only the possibility of a different older car (911 GTS/GT3) tempting me. I’d rather know reality and I am more confident over a 10 month wait than a we will let you know in Q1 that I last received.

July 9th Deposit
Production email saying September 23
In line with everyone above 👆

Q1 24 is when I expect to see it.
I at least take it as a sign of encouragement that US cars will be starting production around the same time then. I’ll get mine…someday.

By the time we get the i4, the financial crisis would be over by then (here’s to hoping!)

I also received an email today. My car has gone from November 2022 to August 2023. I’m not really that bothered anymore, I’m kind of over it I think.
My wife ordered a new Lexus in January 2022. It was built To order in Japan. It arrived in the UK in May. The dealer apologised to us for the wait. 😂

So,

Sure there will be an influx of these coming through as the emails land. I4 deposit 19th July `21. Build date of October `23.

And you v6 boys thought you were getting a raw end of the deal!
26th July 2021 deposit, email today says Nov 23….