• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I4 build date given

Just received this. April now turned into July 23! FFS not sure how much of this I can take.

I’m seriously in two minds now on pulling the plug. No confidence in it going further back. It’s not unrealistic to think with current production that this could be Autumn 23.

FYI deposit 8th July 21 i4
Need to correct myself… just checked back it was actually 7th July 21 deposit

Need to correct myself… just checked back it was actually 7th July 21 deposit
Do you have confirmation date from Lotus when you made the deposit? my theory is you may have put a deposit on the 21st but the dealership clerk could have actually reported to Lotus several days to several weeks after, just trying to verify my suspicion...

Do you have confirmation date from Lotus when you made the deposit? my theory is you may have put a deposit on the 21st but the dealership clerk could have actually reported to Lotus several days to several weeks after, just trying to verify my suspicion...
Don’t know what you mean but it was definitely 7th July. So two years later I may see it

Attachments

• 122F027C-0750-4E40-A811-45F3A2763DFD.jpeg
    122F027C-0750-4E40-A811-45F3A2763DFD.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 62
Don’t know what you mean but it was definitely 7th July. So two years later I may see it
Great for you, that means your numbers are accurate, the guy that did mine was busy that day so I figured he would do it when he had a chance, 3 days later I got a call that Lotus had been notified, wondering how many people got delayed just because some idiot didn’t input in time…

Great for you, that means your numbers are accurate, the guy that did mine was busy that day so I figured he would do it when he had a chance, 3 days later I got a call that Lotus had been notified, wondering how many people got delayed just because some idiot didn’t input in time…
Bear in mind it's a different process for deposits in the UK, and also different pre-reveal and post-reveal.

Well.... shit.

I'm a total dolt who was fully paying attention from launch, but foolishly waited until the roadshow to see the car in person before putting in a deposit. With a first deposit date on Nov 12, 2021, I doubt I'll see an email any time soon, and I suppose I should just set my expectations way out into mid 2024. 😢

I guess the very faint silver lining is that I'll easily be able to buy outright by then without breaking a sweat, and so avoid a shockingly high finance APR... but that's a cold comfort when I originally signed up (knowing I was already a bit late to the party) thinking I'd be seeing a car in the garage maybe at the end of this year.

EDIT: worth noting, even with that initial late deposit date, emails so far this year have all been stating "your Emira is estimated to be produced in 2023". which is clearly tosh, if early birds are looking at mid-to-late 2023.
The "your Emira is estimated to be produced in 2023" may have been true in the summer, but the delays to V6 build starting and the slower ramp up mean i4 first deliveries are now 4-6 months later then previous timeframes.

Table in post #1 updated with all your info - thanks folks.

The "your Emira is estimated to be produced in 2023" may have been true in the summer, but the delays to V6 build starting and the slower ramp up mean i4 first deliveries are now 4-6 months later then previous timeframes.
I don't disagree that it probably felt correct in the middle of the year, and it was obvious to outside observers that V6 delays meant some further knock-on for i4 customers ... but "don't worry, build date in 2023" was still the story they were sticking to in an email on August 10th.

Meh. No point hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing for another 12 months... but I do want to see some publicly shared progress on the i4 development sometime Soon ™️

Agreed, the lack of info on i4 progress is surprising and disappointing. Comms to i4 customers has also been minimal generally.

Perhaps this new promise of monthly updates will include some actual content, rather than "you are a priority customer, thank you for your patience, you are number 5,278 in the queue, your delivery is delayed another month".

Agreed, the lack of info on i4 progress is surprising and disappointing. Comms to i4 customers has also been minimal generally.

Perhaps this new promise of monthly updates will include some actual content, rather than "you are a priority customer, thank you for your patience, you are number 5,278 in the queue, your delivery is delayed another month".
Bloody hope so… as it is I’m July 23 and from what I’ve seen no earlier commitment to customers than July

UK-specific, what is the earliest production date provided to you in the recent Nov update?

Mine is "scheduled for production in April 2023" but I am not seeing anyone else with a date this early.

I'm wondering whether my V6->i4 switch was not registered.

Will call Lotus to confirm but also wanted to get a steer here.

Reactions: vdr
Based on responses so far (see post #1) the earliest UK i4 FE build is currently forecast to be July 2023. April doesn't sound right.

UK-specific, what is the earliest production date provided to you in the recent Nov update?

Mine is "scheduled for production in April 2023" but I am not seeing anyone else with a date this early.

I'm wondering whether my V6->i4 switch was not registered.

Will call Lotus to confirm but also wanted to get a steer here.
Do you have an email like mine stating April. Well done if you have but something tells me you could well be in for disappointment

Attachments

• 062EAF19-C0AD-457C-B408-3CE70517A0F1.png
    062EAF19-C0AD-457C-B408-3CE70517A0F1.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 52
GRAZIE ... GRAZIE
da [email protected] mi hanno risposto che seguono solo mercato UK
contattare referente ITALIA, qualcuno di voi ha email di riferimento per Italia?
Ho inviato un'e-mail all'indirizzo del Regno Unito, ma mi sono spazientito, quindi ho chiamato il numero del Regno Unito e sono arrivato rapidamente.

C'è un indirizzo diverso per il resto del mondo. Immagino che dipenda da quanto è buono il tuo inglese:)

I emailed the UK address but got impatient so called the UK number and got through quickly.

There's a different address for rest of the world. I guess it depends on how good your English is :)
from [email protected] they replied that they only follow the UK market

for ITALY, do any of you have reference emails for
to ask for information on order?

14th July 2021 deposit and given an October 2023 build date - 27 months wait. I appreciate all the challenges and reasons for the delays but this is stretching it. I hope they’ll hold the price for those who have already ordered and apply any increases for new orders going forward. If not many may pull out I suspect.

per fortuna ho altre auto in garage ma spero che la Emira mi venga consegnata il prima possibile non vorrei che andasse fuori produzione prima della consegna...

Hi - I placed my order on launch day, 18th in the que and opted for an FEi4 just had an email stating my car will be built in November 2023. Had a test drive yesterday in the V6, mighty impressed, just feel the i4 will be better.