I4 build date given

Just got my update I was originally a November for December delivery I4. I am now August 2023 production beat that :)! A 26 month wait from my July 7th deposit!!!:eek: I actually find it quite funny now

Moderator edit: table of deposits and build dates added based on info in this thread:

MemberCountryDeposit dateOriginal build forecastLatest build forecastNotes
grahamgreenUK8 July 2021Apr 2022Jul 2023
HoneywellUK6 July 2021 3.00pmAug 2023
jimbobcUK7 July 2021Nov 2022Aug 2023
MatthausUK7 July 2021Aug 2023Cancelled
JimHUK8 July 2021 4.30pmNov 2022Aug 2023
teamvxracingUK8 July 2021Aug 2023
Cutting42UK8 July 2021Aug 2023
Stealth_YellowUK?Nov 2022Aug 2023
ChrisJUK9 July 2021Sep 2023
tjspowpowUK9 July 2021Sep 2023
MartylemooUK9 July 2021Sep 2023
kesaUK12 July 2021Sep 2023
Car66UK?Oct 2023
RusscUK19 July 2021Oct 2023
CrownUK6 July 2021Nov 2023
schuey100UK26 July 2021Nov 2023
CraigOUK30 July 2021Nov 2023
Emira2023UK?Nov 2023Switched from V6
JohnkleeUK12 July 2021Dec 2023Switched from V6

I've added a table of deposit and delivery info in the first post.

I'm the only one looking good on here, 4Q of 2024 is blessing for me...
On the very odd occasion, I've been told I "look good" too.....
to be fair, it may have been my mom who said it, but well.... anything is better than nothing....

I see on post #1 table , original build forecast

The only email , I recall was 4th May " Priority Reservation Update" , and this " we are happy to inform you that your new Emira is now scheduled to be completed in November 2022. "

I've added a table of deposit and delivery info in the first post.
@TomE - If you want to add more detail/dates, here's mine :

12th April 2022 - Second deposit made and configurator link received
30th June 2022 - Configuration locked in

Well, I guess I need to be expecting mine to be sometime 2024 then... I did miss the launch and Goodwood rushes as it were, having only placed my first deposit on 18th Sept 21.

I'm fairly relaxed about the situation however, with the production delays and the timing of my deposit I was already half expecting 2024. Guess in some ways it helps that I've not had a specific timescale to look forward to yet (just an email back in August saying I'll get expected timing early 23).

Well.... shit.

I'm a total dolt who was fully paying attention from launch, but foolishly waited until the roadshow to see the car in person before putting in a deposit. With a first deposit date on Nov 12, 2021, I doubt I'll see an email any time soon, and I suppose I should just set my expectations way out into mid 2024. 😢

I guess the very faint silver lining is that I'll easily be able to buy outright by then without breaking a sweat, and so avoid a shockingly high finance APR... but that's a cold comfort when I originally signed up (knowing I was already a bit late to the party) thinking I'd be seeing a car in the garage maybe at the end of this year.

EDIT: worth noting, even with that initial late deposit date, emails so far this year have all been stating "your Emira is estimated to be produced in 2023". which is clearly tosh, if early birds are looking at mid-to-late 2023.

Last edited:
Well.... shit.

I'm a total dolt who was fully paying attention from launch, but foolishly waited until the roadshow to see the car in person before putting in a deposit. With a first deposit date on Nov 12, 2021, I doubt I'll see an email any time soon, and I suppose I should just set my expectations way out into mid 2024. 😢

I guess the very faint silver lining is that I'll easily be able to buy outright by then without breaking a sweat, and so avoid a shockingly high finance APR... but that's a cold comfort when I originally signed up (knowing I was already a bit late to the party) thinking I'd be seeing a car in the garage maybe at the end of this year.

EDIT: worth noting, even with that initial late deposit date, emails so far this year have all been stating "your Emira is estimated to be produced in 2023". which is clearly tosh, if early birds are looking at mid-to-late 2023.
or... if its not going to bring a few beads of sweat... you could just get a new.used one and get one of the first ;)

or... if its not going to bring a few beads of sweat... you could just get a new.used one and get one of the first ;)
Nah, I was hoping to have this one from new, and keep it for a loooooong time. I've bought exactly one new car in my life (for my wife), so I want the "brand new" experience for myself, which includes a pleasing lack of mystery around how it has been treated before I got it :)

Also, if a hotted-up version is announced by then (with an expected build date still within this decade!), I'd be mighty tempted to jump queues.

I placed my initial deposit on 7th July 21, 2nd deposit 8th May 22 and yesterdays Email stated a build date of Aug 23.

I'm assuming we can still make changes without affecting the Schedule. Can anyone confirm?
I haven't seen the colour in real life yet so might change my mind at that point.

Another one for the torture table:

Deposit placed 6th August 2021 via Lotus website. Email estimates November 2023.

I've queried to ask if they'll honour the original I4 FE prices. If they hike them then I'll be out!

Another one for the torture table:

Deposit placed 6th August 2021 via Lotus website. Email estimates November 2023.

I've queried to ask if they'll honour the original I4 FE prices. If they hike them then I'll be out!
I will be following you if the prices are hiked.

I will be following you if the prices are hiked.
Unfortunately, I think it's a more likely outcome for me as I've "only" paid the £2,000 initial deposit. I've not been asked to lock in my spec or for any more money.

Reactions: AGP
I wasn't asked for the 2nd deposit either but I did Email customer service about a month after others on here were paying their 2nd Deposit. They then sent a link to pay and configure the car. I haven't had notification of it being locked in etc and the only build date info I received (Apart from being built in 23) was yesterdays announcement.

I wasn't asked for the 2nd deposit either but I did Email customer service about a month after others on here were paying their 2nd Deposit. They then sent a link to pay and configure the car. I haven't had notification of it being locked in etc and the only build date info I received (Apart from being built in 23) was yesterdays announcement.
After listening to you guys I've come to the conclusion because Lotus cars are hand made, they are still using Chapman's old type writer to input this info into their system!

Last edited:
Just spoke to customer support and unsurprisingly they're not making any guarantees about the pricing between now and November next year regardless of whether you've configured your spec and paid the additional £3,000. It seems that right up to the 30 day notification you are exposed to a price rise so I'm not feeling very confident that they'll be able to hold the launch prices for another year+

Reactions: AGP
Vorrei anche inviare una mail per richiedere informazioni sul mio ordine
A quale email devo scrivere?

Translated:
I would also like to send an email to request information about my order
Which email should I write to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vorrei anche inviare una mail per richiedere informazioni sul mio ordine
A quale email devo scrivere?
I emailed the UK address but got impatient so called the UK number and got through quickly.

There's a different address for rest of the world. I guess it depends on how good your English is :)

I emailed the UK address but got impatient so called the UK number and got through quickly.

There's a different address for rest of the world. I guess it depends on how good your English is :)
GRAZIE ... THANK YOU

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back