• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I4 build date given

3CC03CB7-FEC5-4835-A8D3-8B04EC2193BF.jpeg

I emailed asking similar question. I was a 12th July 2021 depositer!
Build Date Dec 2023 for i4 -
The reply was also posted on another i4 related thread.

Moderator note: both posts moved to more recent thread

Last edited by a moderator:
14th July 2021 deposit and given an October 2023 build date - 27 months wait. I appreciate all the challenges and reasons for the delays but this is stretching it. I hope they’ll hold the price for those who have already ordered and apply any increases for new orders going forward. If not many may pull out I suspect.
That's because the I4s are destined for China first, start the groundswell in that region then build for Europe and UK.

Well, I guess I need to be expecting mine to be sometime 2024 then... I did miss the launch and Goodwood rushes as it were, having only placed my first deposit on 18th Sept 21.

I'm fairly relaxed about the situation however, with the production delays and the timing of my deposit I was already half expecting 2024. Guess in some ways it helps that I've not had a specific timescale to look forward to yet (just an email back in August saying I'll get expected timing early 23).
Well my expectation of '24 was correct (as things stand), had the update email today and mine is currently scheduled for Q1 2024.

As per emails that went around today, I'm now scheduled for Q1 2024.

@Jonhklee you bugger! :) ... how many other people must have signed up between us on Nov 12 to manage to get you in Dec 2023 and me into Q1 2024?!

EDIT: epic reading fail on the main table. July doesn't even look similar to Nov 🤦‍♂️

That actually seems encouraging (in terms of queue depth) if a July order is on for Dec 23, and November order is only a month or two behind it.

Last edited:
Hi, can enyone explain it to me: I ordered a I4 FE in Feb22, in Germany (there is no Polish dealer) At that time the Czech dealer had sold out their I4FE, in DE I was told they were running out so had to act quick, later after the car toured the dealers there, I was told the FE was finished. I was told production Nov, delivery Dec 22. Obviously aint gonna happen. I read here that UK buyers of I4FE, even much earlier than me are being told by Lotus 2024 for delivery. Strange but I have not received a single update from Lotus, my dealer also does not seem to be in the know. Last I heard was Q3/2023. Ok so now I go into the german lotus page, and if you follow a link make a reservation, it seems that you can still reserve a I4FE, and delivery is in Summer 2023, so same or earlier as I ordered. What do you make of it?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 16-47-21 Reservation Emira.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 16-47-21 Reservation Emira.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 38
I too in Italy for I4 (order May 2022) was indicated according to quarter 2023...
anche a me in Italia per I4 (ordine maggio 2022) è stato indicato secondo quadrimestre 2023...

Hi, can enyone explain it to me: I ordered a I4 FE in Feb22, in Germany (there is no Polish dealer) At that time the Czech dealer had sold out their I4FE, in DE I was told they were running out so had to act quick, later after the car toured the dealers there, I was told the FE was finished. I was told production Nov, delivery Dec 22. Obviously aint gonna happen. I read here that UK buyers of I4FE, even much earlier than me are being told by Lotus 2024 for delivery. Strange but I have not received a single update from Lotus, my dealer also does not seem to be in the know. Last I heard was Q3/2023. Ok so now I go into the german lotus page, and if you follow a link make a reservation, it seems that you can still reserve a I4FE, and delivery is in Summer 2023, so same or earlier as I ordered. What do you make of it?
I've not followed the i4 production at all. So I'm sorry but can't help you in anyway. I could guess at some contradictions occurring through websites not being updated yet?

I placed a deposit for an I4 FE in August 2021 and the last email I got was on 24/11/2022 saying it will be manufactured in November 2023. Not the same wording as the one listed above. Being realistic, perhaps I just haven't qualified for my own delays email yet? Very odd if people with V6 orders are now being told 2024.

I placed a deposit for an I4 FE in August 2021 and the last email I got was on 24/11/2022 saying it will be manufactured in November 2023. Not the same wording as the one listed above. Being realistic, perhaps I just haven't qualified for my own delays email yet? Very odd if people with V6 orders are now being told 2024.
Not necessarily - the original launch schedule was for first UK i4 FE’s to be delivered 6 months after the first UK V6 FE’s, and for deliveries of both powertrains then to be in deposit date order. Writing off 2022 as a ‘false start” this seems to be happening in current (re)planning? There appear to have been many more orders compressed into the launch through Goodwood 2021 week than in subsequent weeks/months (and a fair few before that period) which could account for the lengthening “tail” of the queue when based on first deposit date and with i4 slotted into the schedule…..

Not necessarily - the original launch schedule was for first UK i4 FE’s to be delivered 6 months after the first UK V6 FE’s, and for deliveries of both powertrains then to be in deposit date order. Writing off 2022 as a ‘false start” this seems to be happening in current (re)planning? There appear to have been many more orders compressed into the launch through Goodwood 2021 week than in subsequent weeks/months (and a fair few before that period) which could account for the lengthening “tail” of the queue when based on first deposit date and with i4 slotted into the schedule…..
I hope so. Anyway, I'll keep my deposit in, do a V6 test drive in Jan and go from there. If (big if) they honour the original FE pricing in 2023/4 it will begin to look like a bit of a steal. I suspect they may bump the 360bhp to 400 and use that as a reason to refresh the I4 prices to V6 or higher.

Ciao, ho effettuato l'ordine il giorno del lancio, 18esimo in coda e ho optato per un FEi4, ho appena ricevuto un'e-mail in cui si afferma che la mia auto sarà costruita a novembre 2023. Ieri ho fatto un giro di prova con il V6, sono rimasto molto colpito, sento che l'i4 funzionerà essere mi