I4 Delivery Date USA/Canada Updates

No, nor did I ask.
I see this question often but unclear why it matters - practically speaking - aside from trying to piece together a timeline that's unstable and predictably unpredictable.
It matters due to resale down the road as I don’t plan on keeping it forever. And I keep an incredibly small sliver of hope that the MY 2025 will have some improvements that are missing like satellite radio and blind spot monitor etc. things that cars a third of the price have. Plus frankly it would be odd to me personally to order a car this late in the year and get it in December (possibly later) and have it still be the current years model. It’s not like you’re buying a car off the lot that’s already built. Just my 2 cents.

It matters due to resale down the road as I don’t plan on keeping it forever. And I keep an incredibly small sliver of hope that the MY 2025 will have some improvements that are missing like satellite radio and blind spot monitor etc. things that cars a third of the price have. Plus frankly it would be odd to me personally to order a car this late in the year and get it in December (possibly later) and have it still be the current years model. It’s not like you’re buying a car off the lot that’s already built. Just my 2 cents.
It also matters because Lotus promised all the US V6 automatics and I4’s would be MY 2025. They sent an email to the deposit holders claiming this. So it would be good to know if they are sticking to their promise or just doing more Lotus things.

It also matters because Lotus promised all the US V6 automatics and I4’s would be MY 2025. They sent an email to the deposit holders claiming this. So it would be good to know if they are sticking to their promise or just doing more Lotus things.
That’s interesting. Talking to a couple dealers they are saying all i4 FE will be 2024. Regardless of when they are made. It appears to me that they are trying to keep all FE whether v6 or v4 to 2024. This is the message I’m getting. Not sure though if this is the case.

Agree on newer year resale value. On the flip side I wouldn't doubt if we see another price increase from Lotus when the base configurator comes out. I do respect your decision to wait for 2025. I personally decided to grab the first allocation I could get my hands on. My dealer also verified it would be a 2024.

That’s interesting. Talking to a couple dealers they are saying all i4 FE will be 2024. Regardless of when they are made. It appears to me that they are trying to keep all FE whether v6 or v4 to 2024. This is the message I’m getting. Not sure though if this is the case.
lets say this is true, then the value is tied to the FE label and less to the year. completely understand your line of thinking and your desire for short-term ownership.

lets say this is true, then the value is tied to the FE label and less to the year. completely understand your line of thinking and your desire for short-term ownership.
Yeah I was thinking/considering that as well. Also I suspect they may do a price increase as mentioned above for 2025. The other thing I keep hearing is that after the FE i4 they will go to base auto v6 before the base i4. If that’s the case then it may be another year to get an i4 if the current one isn’t ordered. Unfortunately though I can’t seem to get a consistent answer on some of these timelines.

Do you still have a copy of that email, I have a friend getting an auto and he got that email but didn't save it. The dealer is now saying Lotus told all the dealers earlier this year they would be MY24 and haven't seen the email. Seems a bit fishy but wanted to get a copy just in case

Do you still have a copy of that email, I have a friend getting an auto and he got that email but didn't save it. The dealer is now saying Lotus told all the dealers earlier this year they would be MY24 and haven't seen the email. Seems a bit fishy but wanted to get a copy just in case
I pulled this off another Lotus site. It was listed as a update from Gator. It would be interesting to see if there is a actual letter from Lotus.

Screenshot_20240803_143423_Chrome.jpg

1722710760239.png

I'm a V6 auto deposit holder, but I seem to recall i4 folks getting a similar email at the same time I received this one.

2024 LOTUS - PASSENGER CAR​

Error Text: 0 - VIN decoded clean. Check Digit (9th position) is correct
Manufacturer: LOTUS CARS LIMITED
DBAs:
Vehicle Type: PASSENGER CAR
Model Year: 2024
Engine Model: AMG 139
SCCLEKMX6RHA43999
---
Running the VINs of the Turbo's being shipped over now, they are coming back as 2024. Also spoke to a dealer a week ago and he indicated the Turbos would be 2024. With a price increase for 2025 MY.

Don't need navigation or satellite radio anymore. Android Auto Apple Carplay fantastic

My V6 Auto VIN is scanning as a MY2024 so ya I don’t think either types are going to be 2025 unfortunately. I just think all 1st editions regardless of type will be 2024.

2024 LOTUS - PASSENGER CAR​

Error Text: 0 - VIN decoded clean. Check Digit (9th position) is correct
Manufacturer: LOTUS CARS LIMITED
DBAs:
Vehicle Type: PASSENGER CAR
Model Year: 2024
Engine Model: AMG 139
SCCLEKMX6RHA43999
---
Running the VINs of the Turbo's being shipped over now, they are coming back as 2024. Also spoke to a dealer a week ago and he indicated the Turbos would be 2024. With a price increase for 2025 MY.
My dealer indicated the same, as far as MY2024.

My dealer indicated the same, as far as MY2024.
I guess the great news wasn't so great after all.
Lotus is eating a little crow on this email if we get my24 instead of my25.
1722710760239.png

Last edited:
I guess the great news wasn't so great after all.
Lotus is eating a little crow on this email if we get my24 instead of my25.
View attachment 49138
Spoke to someone today who said it’s looking like towards the end of September for Emira arrivals. Secondly, they are definitely 2024’s. My VIN confirms it too….. EmiraFan’s VIN is likely 2-3 days earlier than my build.

Spoke to someone today who said it’s looking like towards the end of September for Emira arrivals. Secondly, they are definitely 2024’s. My VIN confirms it too….. EmiraFan’s VIN is likely 2-3 days earlier than my build.
I think Lotus might of been a little premature on releasing that MY2025 email. Did you order a V6 or I4 ?

I think Lotus might have been a little premature on releasing that MY2025 email. Did you order a V6 or I4 ?
I ordered the I4. It’s my guess and opinion that all the FE’s whether V6 or I4 will be of MY2024. It would make sense for marketing and if 2025 price increases are to occur. I was told from the beginning (awhile back) that there was a savings by ordering the FE whether V6 or I4 then later if one was to build a base model similarly equipped. Kinda a bonus if you are a true Lotus enthusiast and pretty much blindly ordered early like most of us here have. 🤪

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back