• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

i4 wih 400HP - post from another Lotus Forum

Gator said they ordered their demo and were expecting that available in Nov/Dec time frame.

I am pretty much on the fence of pulling my deposit for the V6, just holding out for Base model configurator/changes. Too much overlap with current cars and I don't want to sell anything.

The AMG intrigues me for a number of reasons but I just don't think I have the patience to wait until Dec+ to test drive a demo and no way I would order one without a drive.

I also haven't really seen much action by Lotus to address any of the transmission delay concerns for example in most of the reviews which is a very legit issue imo. My guess is they have no control over it as If it's same transmission logic as the few AMG 45 cars I have driven, it is a pretty terrible DCT. (especially downshifts).
My dealer said that if I didn't like my i4 they will just sell mine to someone else and put in my V6 order if I wanted to get a V6 base. Only reason why I went for the i4 is because if I opted for the V6 it wouldn't get here until December of 2025 vs the I4 arriving this December. And at a much higher price than i4 due to shortage of engines for Lotus use, I believe my dealer said the base will be $8500-$9000 more with my specs and delivery. but that's my dealer, don't know about others.

Originally I was OK with the 360bhp but now it's starting to feel a bit "poverty spec" in hindsight. It now seems 400bhp is becoming more the like the default than just a perk for the Chinese market. I know it's not a "numbers car" but it would be a shame if early i4 adopters get left in a small minority in the longer term.
I'm feeling the same, although not disappointed in the car at all. Its very quick as it is, with already a little more torque than the V6 manual. I have though dropped customer services an email asking if they plan an upgrade, in the same way McLaren would. They replied very quickly saying no plans at the moment, but are looking at this, and "hope to introduce similar improvements in the future" I guess if more ask, it might get slightly more likely?

I'm feeling the same, although not disappointed in the car at all. Its very quick as it is, with already a little more torque than the V6 manual. I have though dropped customer services an email asking if they plan an upgrade, in the same way McLaren would. They replied very quickly saying no plans at the moment, but are looking at this, and "hope to introduce similar improvements in the future" I guess if more ask, it might get slightly more likely?
I still don't know how to feel about it. I'm really not a fan to always get the weaker version here in europe.
I wonder if the base version will get the upgrade in the next few months. That would be a kick in the face for all eu first edition owners.

My dealer said that if I didn't like my i4 they will just sell mine to someone else and put in my V6 order if I wanted to get a V6 base. Only reason why I went for the i4 is because if I opted for the V6 it wouldn't get here until December of 2025 vs the I4 arriving this December. And at a much higher price than i4 due to shortage of engines for Lotus use, I believe my dealer said the base will be $8500-$9000 more with my specs and delivery. but that's my dealer, don't know about others.
It sounds a bit unfair for the price difference to be so high if that isn't the case in the UK. Maybe if they already know there will only be a limited amount of V6 models arriving they are milking the price.

It sounds a bit unfair for the price difference to be so high if that isn't the case in the UK. Maybe if they already know there will only be a limited amount of V6 models arriving they are milking the price.
Yeah that's what I figured too considering the V6 is going to be more valuable in the future (V6 auto I feel will be more valuable because there will be less of them out on the road compared to the V6 Manual). I think it's why the i4 went up to 400 because it will be the engine representing the Emira going forward until they switch to electric. The price of the Emira is only going to increase going forward especially for the V6. My i4 with my specs is already at 100 grand with delivery.

oh damn no mention of this being "first edition" also I cant see the first edition emblem on side near the window, tho its hard to tell for sure with this picture.

pretty big if true

$99,900 for base version is pretty damn high
All i4 coming to the US will be FE until the Base configurator goes live later this year..

All i4 coming to the US will be FE until the Base configurator goes live later this year..

you are probably right.

though without confirmation im hesitant to consider it a done deal. Lotus is in a special category where they are hard to predict

you are probably right.

though without confirmation im hesitant to consider it a done deal. Lotus is in a special category where they are hard to predict
It is as additional i4 FE allocation were given to US dealers when they announced the delay last Dec. Some dealer may have a few left but they will be the 3rd production run so 1st qtr 25. I'm originally in the 2nd production group but there's a chance that the original 1st and 2nd production group may now run as one single production run and will arrive later 24.

Ok, so I wrote an email directly to the EU customer service of Lotus (no dealer) and asked if anything is planned to increase the HP from 365 to 400 hp later on with an ECU Update. I guess I will just enjoy what I got and stop thinking about the 400hp from now on.
This was the response:
1722421269919.png

Translation:
Unfortunately, I was unable to contact you by phone. I hope you are well.

Regarding your inquiry about the Emira horsepower performance, I would like to inform you that it sadly depends on the markets. Additionally, there is no possibility of improving the performance through an ECU update.

For any further concerns, I am available by phone or email and wish you a pleasant day.

It is as additional i4 FE allocation were given to US dealers when they announced the delay last Dec. Some dealer may have a few left but they will be the 3rd production run so 1st qtr 25. I'm originally in the 2nd production group but there's a chance that the original 1st and 2nd production group may now run as one single production run and will arrive later 24.
How do you know what production run your order is in ?

Ok, so I wrote an email directly to the EU customer service of Lotus (no dealer) and asked if anything is planned to increase the HP from 365 to 400 hp later on with an ECU Update. I guess I will just enjoy what I got and stop thinking about the 400hp from now on.
This was the response:
View attachment 48653
Translation:
Unfortunately, I was unable to contact you by phone. I hope you are well.

Regarding your inquiry about the Emira horsepower performance, I would like to inform you that it sadly depends on the markets. Additionally, there is no possibility of improving the performance through an ECU update.

For any further concerns, I am available by phone or email and wish you a pleasant day.
That kinda sucks. I was about to email them with the same question. I think I still will email them just to add my voice for what it's worth. I interpret this as we won't rather than we can't.

How do you know what production run your order is in ?

When I submitted my Configuration last Sept before the delay. My dealer told me, that mine will be in the april 24 production lot and will arrive around June 24 while their in house demo is in the 1st production group and was expected in April 24.

When I submitted my Configuration last Sept before the delay. My dealer told me, that mine will be in the april 24 production lot and will arrive around June 24 while their in house demo is in the 1st production group and was expected in April 24.
I received a similar statement. Spoke with the dealer Monday, he didn't have anything material on my [slot] and timing; just high level guidance... by 'end of year'. Of coarse I took the opportunity to confirm the 400HP ; he remarked yes. Hopefully all the US allocations lots will be 400HP, will be interesting to check the HP on the first cars to hit the US.
Dealer also said the cars will be 2024, someone asked that question.
Added that 2025 cars would be more expensive. That's all for now...

I received a similar statement. Spoke with the dealer Monday, he didn't have anything material on my [slot] and timing; just high level guidance... by 'end of year'. Of coarse I took the opportunity to confirm the 400HP ; he remarked yes. Hopefully all the US allocations lots will be 400HP, will be interesting to check the HP on the first cars to hit the US.
Dealer also said the cars will be 2024, someone asked that question.
Added that 2025 cars would be more expensive. That's all for now...
When I was told that US i4 will be the 400hp version over a month ago, I was also told that the original 1st and 2nd FE production batch may now run as one and arrive late 24 while the additional FE allocation that was given after the delay will arrive early 25 followed by the Base version which will continue till at least 2028.

FWIW MY order goes into production September with an expected q1 '25 delivery date

FWIW MY order goes into production September with an expected q1 '25 delivery date
Out of curiosity did your dealer say if it’s still going to be a 2024? My guy is telling me no matter when the i4 FE is delivered it will be a 2024. Even if it’s delivered in 2025. Makes no sense to me how they are doing this roll out. Wondering what you’ve been told.

Out of curiosity did your dealer say if it’s still going to be a 2024? My guy is telling me no matter when the i4 FE is delivered it will be a 2024. Even if it’s delivered in 2025. Makes no sense to me how they are doing this roll out. Wondering what you’ve been told.

Yes, Don't know why but all FE (original and additional allocations ) are MY 2024.

Last edited:
Good question but I didnt bother asking