I'm out - the cancellations thread

For those waiting for deposit returns who have closed credit card accounts. I dropped Matt Windle an e-mail this morning expressing my frustration, in the politest terms I could muster. I had a pretty much instant response, followed up with a call - they requested a bank account and driving licence screen shot and just like that the £5k is now sitting back in my account. Its a complete mystery why CC couldn't have done this anytime in the last 2 weeks, but hopefully they will now expedite for others in the same position.

For those waiting for deposit returns who have closed credit card accounts. I dropped Matt Windle an e-mail this morning expressing my frustration, in the politest terms I could muster. I had a pretty much instant response, followed up with a call - they requested a bank account and driving licence screen shot and just like that the £5k is now sitting back in my account. Its a complete mystery why CC couldn't have done this anytime in the last 2 weeks, but hopefully they will now expedite for others in the same position.
Unbelievable that all these things are possible. If escalated... Its not a good look and must be chaos for Lotus internally

Not true for everyone. I actually enjoyed this forum and getting to know everyone on here the last 1.5 years. I like to see the "end of the story" for a lot of what I got involved in. Plus, the guys over at R8Talk.com can be dicks (not all of them).
I posted “I’m out” because I figured there might be others who were on the fence and considering the same things I was and might find my thoughts interesting. Otherwise why are we all here? I left for months but after test drive (didn’t really need the deposit money back so kept it in just in case) I’m now back. Yet I’m also reading this thread - I enjoy all sides of a discussion and don’t find it unusual that people want to share their reasons why.

Don’t be a fan boi and don’t $ht on people who love the car either, after all anyone taking the time to post on ANY car forum on the internet is more fanatical than 95% of car owners.

Lotus aren't so bad.......I couldn't get a test drive in this Ferrari

ewL4DmBOj5F1s5ssZILnKmFjBqmoBtDderMomCp-Bl_TSB8dOZq5-UUsltW0M6Y6WxeJfSBvORQIR4HHmW1ClF3OuNiQw3zqwFIP_Ph6ThZSj5gPO28p9biamSeYN6cdY_Azsu2toMjtYIFeBF29tDnW5vszNY1PnBboolHHgJCLlk3VhH99Ca3PFYa6p48fRxLOJoTp7W4EYtD_EqEWcjlk1kFr-xL-GIDhL_7_OJY7dXtZS59bnqq2glCnPyGXVqBrTuQrhyq4K3RG4SQLz4tIMYsm-g5h3WdEtD9ZztfLkfum1olh3uFMNYKIdrFRa0hDYj99FsK01v2m6CQPCb1HqhgQ6FUcj2QkIx0GncOqbIpKMp9dKaZyr1HE9QU7MPDibFbZsoAhR0kfUlU-AecMb3fVU65FrRBtKdK8DtoBqmLKtkp2gF8U19E1H1x0-UnSk6H0B6Z35-c3DUDhYSpyxw09SHLh0F4V6Lt2_S7vdZcK3EnfmFdoIqN-rqFY1nAO2lv8LvkJzs9YNOQ7E1NV7IMM5KQv_lcvAqvCx73PGWF36XwAYDXp7pJ_UoJ1GodiuZeHJ9AR9mDFZ6stQs4mHgSodjgQyXphIimZO65E2ZLigY77MA6PuBNlTWbz_NmkCSRz9mnDaL3EGQODIAEXdmVm50cwoj4VrWMRCRSzYOjv0QWsVfkQdR_S525EfGPKgLqO_Snr_r9rYZsrDuVL2V0TlgBkKmRaLEqbZT6d4Xalf2Q6iFJ1EgWrPjI3dq3NB3SD5HlZoTwYYDIDEK-44LfJOmTOxU9yg725obOrVlH3Jq0u-_EZ3bFyLusxhAn2Oji6arE1ihkFtT53ClYJsOr0WbjaglxBaWoYW61FF73E8WGY8kWZyFy_YHSCIjsZG1VDnTn9OTi_QQQLR16ZmmEsv0SSz59G1Z3NWglRLGJDCyK_nGOK5pob2CaFCL-xuo1PO4XHnrWYjRqrnztnd8R21iv3xG6nz6LQuW1nnjsC90ngesS9KHD4e0bDQCEdJ4FMI1qRrGlb2eyOJyQuIpM=w2288-h1518-no

That was a year before COVID lock down. Different times. Factories were running flat out and there was inventory lying around.

Think there’s still a fair few out there… but agree probably less with more limited new car availability

I've posted about this before (I think) but people expecting longer unaccompanied Emira test drives at the minute and getting angry that they aren't available are a bit mad. The car is brand new with only a handful of cars available and hundreds or maybe even thousands of people wanting a go. There simply isn't enough time to offer a longer test drive, or enough cars (and parts) to risk an unaccompanied drive in case of accidents. People comparing it to other manufacturers "BMW let me drive all day, Porsche gave me the car for the weekend!" etc, chances are the supply of these cars is much more plentiful and either they've been out longer, or initial demand vs supply of demonstrators much lower than the Emira.

Once more people have their cars, more demos are made, more used cars appear then the longer test drives will come. I reckon (and hope!) by Summer '23 in the UK there will be a lot more test drive flexibility, which in turn will hopefully give people on the fence a much better idea of what the car is actually like!

I've posted about this before (I think) but people expecting longer unaccompanied Emira test drives at the minute and getting angry that they aren't available are a bit mad. The car is brand new with only a handful of cars available and hundreds or maybe even thousands of people wanting a go. There simply isn't enough time to offer a longer test drive, or enough cars (and parts) to risk an unaccompanied drive in case of accidents. People comparing it to other manufacturers "BMW let me drive all day, Porsche gave me the car for the weekend!" etc, chances are the supply of these cars is much more plentiful and either they've been out longer, or initial demand vs supply of demonstrators much lower than the Emira.

Once more people have their cars, more demos are made, more used cars appear then the longer test drives will come. I reckon (and hope!) by Summer '23 in the UK there will be a lot more test drive flexibility, which in turn will hopefully give people on the fence a much better idea of what the car is actually like!
I partly concur. BUT if they had offered test drives in deposit order rather than the free for all that it was there would have been plenty of time for everyone to get a good drive and I'd go so far as to say the conversion rate would have been better because of it.
Still doesn't solve the set route fiasco some dealers have to put up with tho. Although one of the dealers I went to let me take it wherever I want, so go figure 🤷 Didn't really help mind as had zero idea where I was 😅

Last edited:
I partly concur. BUT if they had offered test drives in deposit order rather than the free for all that it was there would have been plenty of time for everyone to het a good drive and I'd go do far as to say the conversion rate would have been better because of it.
Still doesn't solve the set route fiasco some dealers have to put up with tho. Although one of the dealers I went to let me rake it wherever I want, so go figure 🤷 Didn't really help mind as had zero idea where I was 😅

They absolutely should have offered it in deposit order, especially with the further delays there would have been time to get the majority of people a good go for sure!

Can we persuade Nikki to provide some much needed customer care training to Lotus?
Dunno but should my financial position get to where I want it she will be the first person I contact for a new car! That's the value in great service and yep, Lotus would be well served to take note!

I’m lost now…

Have you been drinking??! 🍷
Lol heading back to work in 15. I simply called out BS insinuating Lotus, who’s having a terrible time meeting demand, should provide weekend loaners to satiate their customers. My point is if you need “special treatment cause you’re special” in order to like the car, then bollacks. Did I use that correctly?
This is a hand built punk rock car, those who are use to cafes to wait in while getting their Aston’s serviced may be disappointed. Me I dig it the most

Lol heading back to work in 15. I simply called out BS insinuating Lotus, who’s having a terrible time meeting demand, should provide weekend loaners to satiate their customers. My point is if you need “special treatment cause you’re special” in order to like the car, then bollacks. Did I use that correctly?
This is a hand built punk rock car, those who are use to cafes to wait in while getting their Aston’s serviced may be disappointed. Me I dig it the most
Lol I think it’s getting the right level we know 24 hrs is not possible but to use your great phrasing I call out bollacks of having a full list of war n piece do’s and don’ts before you go on said restrictive demo ride ( it’s only a £80k car not an Evija ) some people travelling a long distance for demo then to go on a shit route. Buying a car is a special moment and for a lot it’s the whole experience, yes we like to get that warm fuzzy feeling, build rapport, nice cappuccino n biccie. We like to feel we getting a good deal and we have chosen the right Manufacturer n dealer to lay out our hard earned dosh 💰that they going to look after us if issues arise. Knowing after said demo that great it’s meets our needs. Not to have buyers regret after car is delivered thinking 🤔 this car doesn’t do it for me.

Lol I think it’s getting the right level we know 24 hrs is not possible but to use your great phrasing I call out bollacks of having a full list of war n piece do’s and don’ts before you go on said restrictive demo ride ( it’s only a £80k car not an Evija ) some people travelling a long distance for demo then to go on a shit route. Buying a car is a special moment and for a lot it’s the whole experience, yes we like to get that warm fuzzy feeling, build rapport, nice cappuccino n biccie. We like to feel we getting a good deal and we have chosen the right Manufacturer n dealer to lay out our hard earned dosh 💰that they going to look after us if issues arise. Knowing after said demo that great it’s meets our needs. Not to have buyers regret after car is delivered thinking 🤔 this car doesn’t do it for me.
Go buy another car and stop wining!!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back