• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Is a battery tender supposed to be included at delivery?

cyanmauve

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey y’all,

It looks like some of y’all may have received Lotus-branded battery tenders when taking delivery of your cars.

I had an inflator in my trunk, but no tender.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Must be a US market thing . . . we didn't get them in Australia

Since y’all are below the equator, the battery charges up instead of draining down when the car isn’t in use. Kind of like how the water in the toilet swirls the opposite direction from here.

I’m pretty sure that’s how science and thus electrons work.

packaging photos for reference
1000001103.jpg
1000001104.jpg
1000001105.jpg

I got one. However, I'm kinda miffed because I offered to ship my CTEK leads down to have them installed by the dealer and they told me I'd be getting one with the lead ready. Lo and behold I still need to install the lead myself... not like it's a huge hassle but given some of the early UK members having some mishaps I was hoping it'd be ready to go

Seems like a US only thing, with the cars sitting in the dealers' warehouses for weeks prior to CARB certification. We didn't get those in Japan.

I got one. However, I'm kinda miffed because I offered to ship my CTEK leads down to have them installed by the dealer and they told me I'd be getting one with the lead ready. Lo and behold I still need to install the lead myself... not like it's a huge hassle but given some of the early UK members having some mishaps I was hoping it'd be ready to go
Installing the leads is part of the PDI process, so yeah, they should have done it with the Lotus-provided maintainer/leads.

Seems like a US only thing, with the cars sitting in the dealers' warehouses for weeks prior to CARB certification. We didn't get those in Japan.
It may just be a US thing, but it doesn't have anything to do with sitting in warehouses. My dealer mentioned to me that Emiras would come with the battery maintainers back in 2022. They also told me that Lotus recommends using maintainers if you don't plan to drive the car for a couple of weeks. Evoras also came with them.

You’re kidding? You get half-priced cars AND a battery charger?? You Americans have really got it good…
No Sir, we don't got it good nor bad rather, we don't got it at all. In my case, 2 1/2 years waiting for my Emira + Tender and I still don't got it :)
By the way, those free chargers are cheap and not really good. If it isn't a Ctek, it just isn't a Ctek.