• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - Shipping and Delivery (輸送中エミーラ目撃情報)

Does this make me want to change what I chose 2 years ago when I selected between two virtual cars that I had never seen (except on a computer screen), or will it make me want to select something else? Who knows? And I still can’t test-drive what I actually selected🙃 (because it still isn’t physically available, and it is partly kept secret and out of reach).

I guess that my choice will be to avoid any test-drive and take the car that hopefully will arrive some time in the future 👀😇Lotus-life is weird, and it is important that your faith remains strong, and your ability to dream stays vivid.

i4

Last edited:
Just had a call from Lotus Nerima that test drives will be available after Aug 5th, assuming similar timing with the other dealers in tokyo.

Me personally will be holding off, have managed to stay away from seeing an actual emira in person so far, plan is to keep away and keep the excitement until I take actual delivery of my car.

Last edited:
Ah, lucky you! I was told September for Tokyo.
I think it’s because lotus is shipping cars in almost random order, lotus Tokyo has not yet received their test drive car yet lol.

The Osaka test drive car which is the same one that was on display during auto salon was actually belong to Osaka’s dealer at first place, and they rent it to Lotus Tokyo or LCI for attending auto salons 🤣🤣

Anyway, dealer told me that about 150 ish Emiras have arrived in Japan

seems like there has already been few cases of customer delivery. More will be coming during August.

I just finished all the paperwork with dealer, so I just need to wait for another month or less for the car to come

after 2 years of waiting , at last lol 😂

I think it’s because lotus is shipping cars in almost random order, lotus Tokyo has not yet received their test drive car yet lol.

The Osaka test drive car which is the same one that was on display during auto salon was actually belong to Osaka’s dealer at first place, and they rent it to Lotus Tokyo or LCI for attending auto salons 🤣🤣

Anyway, dealer told me that about 150 ish Emiras have arrived in Japan

seems like there has already been few cases of customer delivery. More will be coming during August.

I just finished all the paperwork with dealer, so I just need to wait for another month or less for the car to come

after 2 years of waiting , at last lol 😂
Now you may see a large number of Emira in Daikoku Wharf!

Now you may see a large number of Emira in Daikoku Wharf!
Nope. Nothing on the docks from T-3 to T-8. Wasn't able to get close to the north piers, as everything was closed off due to the fireworks (みなとみらいスマートフェスティバル2023) today. No vessels coming in this week match the list of Southampton departures from 35-45 days ago. A quiet week in Daikoku for us, but the dealers and DMV (District Land Transport Bureau - 陸運局) should be busy preparing cars for delivery.

On August 1, the price of the Emira in Japan was revised.
Orders for the V6 First Edition were stopped accordingly.
The i4 First Edition is now more expensive than the V6 First Edition.o_O
I would not have been able to purchase Emira at this price.

That’s +3M jpy from the original price….. at least they agreed to keep the original price for people who have placed the order. Unlike Porsche you have to pay the new price at the time you receive the car

Will the 12% pricier “Post-August-2023” I4 FE version get V8 with Supercharger sound piped into cabin as a bonus 🤣🤣🤣⁉️

I am glad my I4 FE, where I will cancel and delete any artificial sound, is price-locked; even if at the time I locked in my purchase the price of I4 FE in Japan actually was higher than V6 FE (which got price-bumped in quick succession).

However if it helps anyone, because of the local car tax level, in Singapore an I4 FE costs SGD 550,000 which is JPY ¥58,993,930 (the V6FE is SGD 600,000).

Now, we may ask who can afford this price? (And consider ourselves lucky 🍀)

Last edited:
Will the 12% pricier “Post-August-2023” I4 FE version get V8 with Supercharger sound piped into cabin as a bonus 🤣🤣🤣⁉️

I am glad my I4 FE, where I will cancel and delete any artificial sound, is price-locked; even if at the time I locked in my purchase the price of I4 FE in Japan actually was higher than V6 FE (which got price-bumped in quick succession).
Price Trends
V6 FE​
i4 FE​
2021-10-29​
1,353万​
2022-04-22​
1,452万​
1,386万​
2023-03-10​
1,573万​
1,485万​
2023-08-01​
1,661万​

Price Trends
V6 FE​
i4 FE​
2021-10-29​
1,353万​
2022-04-22​
1,452万​
1,386万​
2023-03-10​
1,573万​
1,485万​
2023-08-01​
1,661万​
Thanks forest.

This fits with my signing contract and locking in my price of I4 FE in April 2022 at JPY 13,860,000. For a brief moment the V6 FE was still JPY 13,530,000 (and the Japanese quota was said to be fully sold out). But quickly thereafter, the V6 FE price was increased to JPY 14,520,000 (even if nobody at the time could actually order this model). It is possible that an additional Japan quota was released by Lotus after this point.

Originally the Lotus quota was 200 x V6 FE for import to Japan. However I am interested in knowing how many V6 FE in the end was allocated for Japan in total?

In other words; how many V6 FE are there going to be in total in Japan? I have heard rumors of several hundred more cars, but I have no verification that this is a fact.

Last edited:
It is possible that an additional Japan quota was released by Lotus after this point.
"Additional quota" confirmed sometime before 2022-04-22, allowing me to order my v6 at the original 13,530,000 JPY price point.

Reactions: ino
In other words; how many V6 FE are there going to be in total in Japan? I have heard rumors of several hundred more cars, but I have no verification that this is a fact.
I’ve heard over 600, but the number is for FE, I think. Because LCI is not open today, I will ask them in Thursday.

Anyways, the price hikes again and again…

The quota for V6 FE is 600, Lotus have shifted some US quota to Japan , since there was some issue/delay on approvals with US government.

600 eh... I guess my wait will continue. In the meantime;
  • Those of you who get your cars, please share your experiences in a separate thread for Emira Ownership in Japan
  • Those of you who do a test drive, please share your experiences in a separate thread for Emira Test Drives in Japan
あとでスレ立てておきます!

Reactions: ino
I just got a mail and it says my Emira arrived in end of July and waiting for PDI in a line of around 50 cars. Hope she didn’t get hit of any hail.

Other 2 Emiras spotted. It’s Lotus IBARAKI.
Is that an actual 1962 S2 Lotus Seven in that photo? Not a replica? They were small back in the day, but next to those Emira's it almost looks like a toy car lol.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back