• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - Shipping and Delivery (輸送中エミーラ目撃情報)

Are offered as AMG......?1?
Yes they are on the list, but are not sold to customers yet.
And, there are no AMGs in Japan yet, unfortunately.

Price is wrong, it should be ¥16,610,000.

Is that an actual 1962 S2 Lotus Seven in that photo? Not a replica? They were small back in the day, but next to those Emira's it almost looks like a toy car lol.
I’m not sure, but maybe it is MY2023.

LOTUS OSAKA’s demo car (perhaps a test drive car) on YouTube, but very short.

We will be able to see how many Lotus cars were registered in July from here tomorrow.
note: the number is not only for the Emiras

We will be able to see how many Lotus cars were registered in July from here tomorrow.
note: the number is not only for the Emiras
Seven, including any leftover Exige/Evora... Let's wait to see the August numbers increase.
試乗車ですかね。エンドユーザー納車ではなさそうですね。

Nothing special in Daikoku this weekend, but maybe some action early next week:

The "ANTARES LEADER" which left Southampton, UK on 2023/06/25 is scheduled to dock at Yokohama on 2023/08/07 via westbound route thru Port Hueneme, USA (CA).
1691151993295.png

Next, the "MORNING PRIDE" which left Southampton, UK on 2023/06/22 is currently en route from Xingang, China and will arrive at Yokohama on 2023/08/08.
1691152352668.png

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Last week, it seems that EMIRA, which will be delivered to the dealer in Yokohama, received the first car.
However, it seems that there is no plan to receive EMIRA's test drives .

My car will be delivered on August 24.
How is everyone doing with their car insurance?
I heard that EMIRA doesn't offer car insurance with direct insurance.
I plan to ceramic coat the car as soon as it is delivered.

My car will be delivered on August 24.
How is everyone doing with their car insurance?
I heard that EMIRA doesn't offer car insurance with direct insurance.
I plan to ceramic coat the car as soon as it is delivered.
Congrats! I will be getting a new refrigerator on the same day :ROFLMAO:
As of last week, I couldn't get a quote from my insurance company without the 型式 of the car. Not sure they can provide a quote with that information, as the car is still new globally...
先週時点の話ですが、車検証記載の「型式」がないと見積も出してもらえませんでした (東京海上日動)。あっても料率などが確定しているとは思えないので「あくまでも概算」という感じになると思って深追いはしませんでしたが。

Last edited:

No news on any i4 bound for Japan? All these recent reviews are making me think I need another car with DCT for daily/city use :rolleyes:
日本上陸はまだまだ先なのでしょうね...

Congrats! I will be getting a new refrigerator on the same day :ROFLMAO:
As of last week, I couldn't get a quote from my insurance company without the 型式 of the car. Not sure they can provide a quote with that information, as the car is still new globally...
先週時点の話ですが、車検証記載の「型式」がないと見積も出してもらえませんでした (東京海上日動)。あっても料率などが確定しているとは思えないので「あくまでも概算」という感じになると思って深追いはしませんでしたが。
IMG_6009.jpeg

This is the quote I got from dealer

This is the quote I got from dealer
Hmmm... 運転者限定 (本人) is where I will have difficulty deciding what to do, but the numbers aren't surprising.
Was there a 型式 (something like "SCCLExxx" ?) and 料率クラス (maybe "9" or more) specified somewhere?

Hmmm... 運転者限定 (本人) is where I will have difficulty deciding what to do, but the numbers aren't surprising.
Was there a 型式 (something like "SCCLExxx" ?) and 料率クラス (maybe "9" or more) specified somewhere?
IMG_6012.jpeg

This is a draft from lotus so I guess that’s why the 型式is 不明

Wow, I didn't know that "unknown" (不明) was valid in the vehicle inspection certificate (車検証). I guess Lotus was able to get by with it due to the low volume of cars sold and registered. 車両料率クラス "9" is lower than I expected (I was expecting around "12" or "13"), a welcome surprise.

Wow, I didn't know that "unknown" (不明) was valid in the vehicle inspection certificate (車検証). I guess Lotus was able to get by with it due to the low volume of cars sold and registered. 車両料率クラス "9" is lower than I expected (I was expecting around "12" or "13"), a welcome surprise.
Do u guys think the insurance price is reasonable? I’m not that familiar with insurance

I’m still asking quotes from 東京海上, will come after お盆,

Actually, if the model is unknown, vehicle insurance is cheaper.
The Elise has a model number, but vehicle insurance is cheaper for an Exige with an unknown model number.:D

Last edited:
Do u guys think the insurance price is reasonable? I’m not that familiar with insurance

I’m still asking quotes from 東京海上, will come after お盆,
Looks more than reasonable for 6S 等級. I would sign before the insurance companies learn more about the Emira and raise the prices. But, I would wait to see what 東京海上日動 will come up with.

Looks more than reasonable for 6S 等級. I would sign before the insurance companies learn more about the Emira and raise the prices. But, I would wait to see what 東京海上日動 will come up with.
If I am over 26 years old and the vehicle coverage is 14 million, I think it is cheap enough.

My insurance quote is due out tomorrow.
Tokio Marine Nichido and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance are scheduled to do so.

The problem is that even if I get 14 million yen for vehicle coverage, I can't afford a new car.:cry:

If I am over 26 years old and the vehicle coverage is 14 million, I think it is cheap enough.

My insurance quote is due out tomorrow.
Tokio Marine Nichido and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance are scheduled to do so.

The problem is that even if I get 14 million yen for vehicle coverage, I can't afford a new car.:cry:
I heard that 損保ジャパン and 東京海上日動 would adjust the coverage based on market price.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back