• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - Shipping and Delivery (輸送中エミーラ目撃情報)

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I heard that 損保ジャパン and 東京海上日動 would adjust the coverage based on market price.
Vehicle coverage is the amount of money you will receive if your car is scrapped due to 100% of your own fault in a self-inflicted accident.
In other words, when the other party's insurance is not available. Even if the market price is higher than that, it will not be paid.

In cases where the market price is applied, the other party's insurance company will pay if the used car is cheaper than the repair cost, such as when you are 0% at fault.
In reality, however, it is very unlikely that you will be paid market value for a car of the same age and mileage, unless you go to court.
I was rear-ended last year while waiting at a stoplight and was not paid for the cost of a comparable used car.
In fact, the "Auto Guide Auto Price Monthly" (aka "Red Book") applies more than the used car market.
This cost was determined based on the assumption that the property value would decrease each year from the time the car was new.
Premiums in the used car market are not taken into account.

According to the court decision, "In principle, the transaction price of the car at the time of the accident should be determined based on the price that would be required to acquire a car of the same make, year, model, similar usage and mileage in the used car market.
However, this would be difficult to do without actually going to court.

Therefore, it is absolutely necessary to have a special clause for lawyers!

-------------------------------------
車両保障は自損事故等で自身の過失100%で廃車になった場合に貰える金額です。
つまり相手の保険が使えない場合です。市場価格がそれより高くても支払われる事はありません。

市場価格が適用されるようなケースは自身の過失が0%のような場合、修理費用よりも中古車の方が安い場合に相手の保険会社から支払われます。
ただし、実際は同じ年式、同じ走行距離の車の市場価格のお金が支払われる事は裁判でもしない限りまずありません。
私は昨年に信号待ちしていて後ろから追突されましたが、同程度の中古車を買える費用は出ませんでした。
実際には中古車市場よりも「オートガイド自動車価格月報」(通称「レッドブック」)が適用されます。
これは新車時から年々資産価値が下がる事を前提に決められた費用です。
中古車市場のプレミアム性等は加味されません。

判例では、「当該自動車の事故当時における取引価格は、原則として、これと同一の車種・年式・型、同程度の使用状態・走行距離等の自動車を中古車市場において取得しうるに要する価額によつて定めるべき」とあります
しかし、これは実際に裁判でもしない限り難しいでしょう。

ということで、弁護士特約は絶対に付けましょう

因みに昨年の事故の時の相手の保険会社は損保ジャパンでしたw

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Limited to age 35 and over, 20th class
Both Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance and Tokio Marine & Nichido were about 80,000 yen.
In my case, there are discounts for multiple vehicles and large group discounts, which make it even cheaper.
I am satisfied because the price is about half of what I had expected.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I got a response from Tokyo Marine & Nichido. Limited to ages 21 and up at class 20, the amount came to 84,600 JPY.
This is with a large volume discount (団体割引) and default 料率クラス for 型式:不明 vehicles.

1691644193603.png

1691644000766.png

JamesW

Reaction score
I got a response from Tokyo Marine & Nichido. Limited to ages 21 and up at class 20, the amount came to 84,600 JPY.
This is with a large volume discount (団体割引) and default 料率クラス for 型式:不明 vehicles.

View attachment 29961

View attachment 29960
That’s nice! But just curiously how can you get level 20 while being under 26 years old, I thought the earliest one can drive in Japan is 18 years old staring level 6 insurance. And level goes up by 1 each year.

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
how can you get level 20 while being under 26 years old
You can swap family’s insurance rank with a few condition. Legally living in the same house, etc.

You can refer this article for more information.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s nice! But just curiously how can you get level 20 while being under 26 years old, I thought the earliest one can drive in Japan is 18 years old staring level 6 insurance. And level goes up by 1 each year.
I have family members under 26 who may occasionally drive the car. I admit there are moments when I wish I were 18 again...

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The typhoon has messed up much of the port movements in Japan, but in any case, it looks like no ships from Southampton have been scheduled to arrive this week anyway. Could be because noone is there to receive the cars and process them during Obon vacation. Next week, the MORNING LUCY, which left Southampton, UK on 2023/07/06 and is currently moored in Pyeongtaek, Korea will arrive in Daikoku on 2023/08/24. Meanwhile some forum members will be receiving their cars.

さてさて、この船に EMIRA は載ってるかな?暑くて見に行く気になれません...

1692093986966.png

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I heard that 損保ジャパン and 東京海上日動 would adjust the coverage based on market price.
Not sure about 損保ジャパン but 東京海上日動 defines their coverage based on the actual amount paid for the car new (+ subsequent annual depreciation), not market value. This came to light when I was explaining the 2 price increases that happened after my official order. They will use the amount printed on the order form / contract.

• Wow
Reactions: ino

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations!
Finally, my FE will be delivered on the 24th!
But the next day I will say goodbye to my FE for a week !
because I will have ceramic coating applied.
The 24th is here. Happy Emira Delivery Day⁉️😅👀🇯🇵 It would be cool to see your wonderful car by some of us other Japan «Emira in waiting» members. Are you in Tokyo or elsewhere?

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yay! Just got an e-mail to expect a mid-September landing/customs/PDI and early to mid-October delivery. Of course, no committed dates, as everything is subject to... well, anything :rolleyes:
Will be visiting the Ishikawadai showroom late Saturday afternoon to finalize dealer options (PPF, ETC, and dashcam come to mind). Deposit in November 2021 for a Base Edition, spec and order in January 2022 for a First Edition, and delivery in October 2023. Lucky to have been less than a 2 year wait. Now, how and when to sell the RX-8...

「納車時期予想」の連絡キターーーー!9月中旬に陸揚げ、同月下旬~10月前半に納車予想とのこと。土曜日の夕方に石川台ショールームに行ってきます。ちなみに、2021年11月に手付金 (FE は逃していたので Base を予約)、2022年1月に FE 追加枠に申込、2023年10月納車予定。
さて、今の車をどうするか...

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Visited the dealer today, and it seems like my Emira was on the MORNING LUCY, and landed in Daikoku yesterday. Other than that, no updates in regards to dates. My delivery will be pushed back to mid-October at the earliest, as I am having it fully PPFed.

ディーラー経由でプロテクション・フィルム施工を依頼したので、納車はさらに後ろになります。ここまで来たら、焦っても仕方ないですね。

1693042882202.png

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Visited the dealer today, and it seems like my Emira was on the MORNING LUCY, and landed in Daikoku yesterday. Other than that, no updates in regards to dates. My delivery will be pushed back to mid-October at the earliest, as I am having it fully PPFed.

ディーラー経由でプロテクション・フィルム施工を依頼したので、納車はさらに後ろになります。ここまで来たら、焦っても仕方ないですね。

View attachment 30809
You should prepare a plaque saying MORNING LUCY and stick it somewhere on your Emira❣️⭕️😳 🤣

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This week we will see the CARMEN dock in Daikoku. After leaving Southampton on July 2, she traveled westbound via the Panama canal, so I don't expect it to be carrying any Emiras.
1693315413185.png

There should still be a fair number of Emiras awaiting customs and PDI at Daikoku after the MORNING LUCY shipment last week. Anyone going down there please take pictures!

Last edited: