• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

📓 Journals kitkat's Emira

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
It would still be close, but I also don't like the idea of needing to keep track of a specialty part in order to get the oil out. I will likely lose it. The advantage of the Fumoto valve is not needing any specialty parts to get the oil out, any hose will really do. I'm unlikely to revisit this until after I replace the oil pan with a baffled one anyways.

I added wheel studs and 12mm spacers on all four corners to see how much clearance there is on the OEM alignment, I will be getting an alignment next to see how much camber is possible for track duty and to help me measure clearance for a 3rd party track wheelset as the OEMs are for street only for me.

Enjoy some photos from this weekend.

View attachment 48532
View attachment 48528
View attachment 48529
Looks awesome...so these action photos are after the 12mm spacer install?

Correct, with 12mm spacers front and rear.
Stance looks good. You're still at stock ride height correct? Looks perfect the way it is...I'm assuming no rubbing front or rear or you would have mentioned it...

Stance looks good. You're still at stock ride height correct? Looks perfect the way it is...I'm assuming no rubbing front or rear or you would have mentioned it...

I'm still at stock height and this is a slightly turn so a little loading is present, there's absolutely no rubbing at stock sport suspension alignment settings on Goodyear Eagle F1s.

I added wheel studs and 12mm spacers on all four corners to see how much clearance there is on the OEM alignment, I will be getting an alignment next to see how much camber is possible for track duty and to help me measure clearance for a 3rd party track wheelset as the OEMs are for street only for me.

Enjoy some photos from this weekend.

View attachment 48532
View attachment 48528
View attachment 48529

Dan - that new look with the 12mm spacers Front and Back is really perfect.

These all standard GRP? I've hear "wobble" issues in the front with spacers? Also, what length stud kit did you get to accomodate?

Thanks man!

Dan - that new look with the 12mm spacers Front and Back is really perfect.

These all standard GRP? I've hear "wobble" issues in the front with spacers? Also, what length stud kit did you get to accomodate?

Thanks man!

Hey! These are not GRP's spacers, Greg hasn't released a 12mm set yet -- mine are from PCD. https://www.ebay.com/itm/126093879482

You can use the 75mm stud conversion from Greg here which is the length I have, shorter won't fit spacers, and longer will stick out too much.

Greg mentioned he'd have the 12mm spacers ready in a couple weeks or less, so maybe just wait and order them all together -- it would probably get here faster ordering them from Greg anyways seeing as shipping from the UK for PCD will take a while.

The hardware up front:

1722822803963.png

Hardware in the rear:
1722822839130.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm also trying out some titanium hardware, took a while but found some 17 hex M12 1.5 conical seat hardware with a floating seat for a decent price. I'm going to be pretty careful to examine threads for any galling whatsoever because I'm pretty dubious about the longevity of titanium hardware.

1722823131348.png

Unproven so I can't really make recommendations on it, but if anyone is interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/296380889898

Hey! These are not GRP's spacers, Greg hasn't released a 12mm set yet -- mine are from PCD. https://www.ebay.com/itm/126093879482

You can use the 75mm stud conversion from Greg here which is the length I have, shorter won't fit spacers, and longer will stick out too much.

Greg mentioned he'd have the 12mm spacers ready in a couple weeks or less, so maybe just wait and order them all together -- it would probably get here faster ordering them from Greg anyways seeing as shipping from the UK for PCD will take a while.

The hardware up front:

View attachment 49019

Hardware in the rear:
View attachment 49020

Excellent info as always, really appreciate it!!! I’ve been wanting to do the stud kit for a while!

Is that a Black Lotus bike on the back???😄
Great pictures
Lotus bikes with GB team are doing well!
Roland
looks like a Scott trail emtb to me, dusty and well ridden as it should be!

I assume its a 29" front wheel, does it fit easily in the rear boot? or is it behind the seat?

looks like a Scott trail emtb to me, dusty and well ridden as it should be!

I assume its a 29" front wheel, does it fit easily in the rear boot? or is it behind the seat?

eMTB… I would never!

It’s a scott spark rc — the rear shock is hidden in the frame. Only a tricycle wheel would fit in the rear boot. It won’t even fit a 700c in the rear deck lid either let alone a 29”. Your wheels will need to go in the front seat.

Sincere apologies, scrub that 'e' off the emtb 😄 I blame the weird Scott linkage creating that suspicious bulge at the bottom bracket!

eMTB… I would never!

It’s a scott spark rc — the rear shock is hidden in the frame. Only a tricycle wheel would fit in the rear boot. It won’t even fit a 700c in the rear deck lid either let alone a 29”. Your wheels will need to go in the front seat.
Next you’ll be accused of driving an auto or a hybrid!

eMTB… I would never!

Does the front wheel fit behind the seats?