📓 Journals kitkat's Emira

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
That looks great! I assume some of the light that shines on the lower mechanism at night can be seen through the top now as well?

Yeah and it illuminates the shifter mechanism to make it more visible which you can see while driving.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpeg
    IMG_0318.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 77
That looks so good and clean! Just need to hope nothing important falls in.

While I think it does look great and neat on itself, I dont think it fits the cars interieur not being as minimalistic as lets say an Exige or Elise. Good job nontheless

Part of me agrees with you, I'm going to run it for a bit and decide if I like it.

Hey all @silent cilantro confirmed this works great on a non-short shifter Emira.

Here's the zipped STL file for anyone with a 3D printer to make their own.

Printing Advice:
- Print it cone shape up
- Add supports from the print bed only, they should only be used to print the tabs
- I use 7 wall loops and 100% infill for strength but this isn't a structural piece
- I used PET-CF but I think PETG and PLA will work just fine even inside your car.
- Pay attention to where your seam line is, either put the seam line on the back side of the shifter or make it random so it doesn't show up when you're seated in the cabin.

Attachments

• Lotus Emira - Shifter Shroud.stl.zip
    2 MB · Views: 17
Very neat! Mind taking some pics at night with the lights? Curious to compare the total look with and without the cage

Children! Avert your eyes! Now I feel like I need to break out the Dremel to polish up all the metal bits...great work KitKat!

I love that you did this, but this isn't for me. I think it takes away the refinement of the interior. Thanks for sharing your journey and love that there are guys like you and others that are personalizing their car for them.

Appreciate all the hard work you put into your project.

Ryan G

Really makes me want to polish up that stamped... Handle bar mustache piece (?).

It's kinda funny that it is so visible, but it's got a zinc coated, rough edges stamped out look.

The raw cast finish on all the other aluminum seems fine to me, maybe some "dress up" bolts where the fasteners all are but. Change that one piece and I think it would look a lot better

Yeah, I'm totally done with the rest but that one dirtier piece detracts.

Looks awesome Kitkat.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back