• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Komo-tec announces delivery of first two GT4 Emira race cars

Well the graphic is showing the power the car actually delivers in that very moment (In theory). I know that it‘s just an illustration of the graphics, but why did they choose to show 480 bhp knowing that the car will only have 400. Doesn‘t make sense to me. Maybe it‘s an easter egg to show the power of the final edition, but this would be a bit too early. Especially if you consider that the final edition is planned for 2028 (roughly) and that only the AMG engine will be available by that time.
... because the M139 absolutely can go that high with purely a remap. squeeee! 😄

I think they are secretly trying to goad us into immediately voiding our warranty, the crafty buggers.

Well the graphic is showing the power the car actually delivers in that very moment (In theory). I know that it‘s just an illustration of the graphics, but why did they choose to show 480 bhp knowing that the car will only have 400. Doesn‘t make sense to me. Maybe it‘s an easter egg to show the power of the final edition, but this would be a bit too early. Especially if you consider that the final edition is planned for 2028 (roughly) and that only the AMG engine will be available by that time.
First Edition V6 Manual, Final Edition 480HP AMG DCT that would be a nice garage!! :)

480 from the V6 would make this car perfection...
That would be nice! Extend the redline up to 8k RPM and switch the Roots blower to an Autorotor. Shame the transmission seems to be the real weak point.

It's only a demo of the HCI, it's not linked to an actual car's sensors. And Lotus has previously done these kind of Easter eggs, so not a huge surprise they "happened" to run that demo just as Shmee was filming :)

I've seen it in a lot of videos and it's completely clear that it's just a demo and not connected to any car. Nevertheless my questions was why 480 and not 400? The programmers of that demo obviously didn't just smash the keyboard but rather put that 480 in on purpose. Maybe a future version of the Emira will show us what was going on there.

I've seen it in a lot of videos and it's completely clear that it's just a demo and not connected to any car. Nevertheless my questions was why 480 and not 400? The programmers of that demo obviously didn't just smash the keyboard but rather put that 480 in on purpose. Maybe a future version of the Emira will show us what was going on there.
That would be quite annoying. I have this sneaky feeling the i4 ends up being the better engine / package. It’ll be lighter to start and easily tuneable to just under 500bhp.

I’d been hoping Lotus would surprise the FE buyers with a Nice power bump but I’m not so sure now.

I don't think so, because 400 HP is more than enough to have a hell of a lot of fun, the i4 will only be 20-30kg lighter which I can't tell anyways while driving and because the i4 will either sound like a trash can or a fart machine whilst the V6 will roar like no other 2022 homologated car and like no future (world) car ever will.

I don't think so, because 400 HP is more than enough to have a hell of a lot of fun, the i4 will only be 20-30kg lighter which I can't tell anyways while driving and because the i4 will either sound like a trash can or a fart machine whilst the V6 will roar like no other 2022 homologated car and like no future (world) car ever will.
An old article but one that ultimately makes a lot of sense. Not a lot of ambiguity here...