• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Latest Emira Production Update

If you take a look at the Lotus GB website, you have the base price listed. You can configure some features which are included in the first edition. Price is a little bit higher for the V6 as for the V6 First Edition.

My car configured in the GB configurator comes to 91,095 GBP = $120,587.92

GB configurator is online with prices…
I thought so too on first glance but this is probably not correct. The price shown for "Emira V6" is higher than for a the i4 FE, which is fully loaded. Also, when you go though the options for Emira V6 on the UK configurator, they are exactly the same as what the options were on the FE. These are not the options for the base edition (i.e. wheels, no extended lower black pack, etc). This seems to still be the FE pricing and options. On the US configurator, it says "Emira V6" with no pricing, but a different (and extended) list of options. It also shows that the base edition will not come standard with ultra lightweight forged wheels. These are offered as options though.

I thought so too on first glance but this is probably not correct. The price shown for "Emira V6" is higher than for a the i4 FE, which is fully loaded. Also, when you go though the options for Emira V6 on the UK configurator, they are exactly the same as what the options were on the FE. These are not the options for the base edition (i.e. wheels, no extended lower black pack, etc). This seems to still be the FE pricing and options. On the US configurator, it says "Emira V6" with no pricing, but a different (and extended) list of options. It also shows that the base edition will not come standard with ultra lightweight forged wheels. These are offered as options though.
I have built my current order also on the UK Lotus configurator for both the I4 & if I had ordered the V6 Auto for kicks and giggles. I will post both prices…. But one also has to understand that VAT had been included in the prices for the UK market. Prices did go up regardless of subtracting VAT.

Attachments

• IMG_3985.png
    IMG_3985.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3986.jpeg
    IMG_3986.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3988.png
    IMG_3988.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3989.jpeg
    IMG_3989.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 32
I’m interested in buying an Emira in the UK - probably a v6 manual. Excuse the naive question, but what does an FE model have that a base car doesn’t?
Technically its not a 'base' car, its just an Emira, with (at first glance) a wider array of options to select from.
It just lacks a pre-bundled options 'deal' that the First Edition has.

given the number of orphaned Emiras, I think they need to be careful of not alienating buyers with a large price increase. I think most manufactures increase prices on cars year after year but it's usually very nominal.

I noticed that email didnt mention i4 base.
I agree with you on large price increase issue on orphaned Emiras. I should call to find out what it is.

Dealer did not say anything on the i4 base models......

They DID however update the following tho a little out of the topic :)

" Eletre/Eletre R/Eletre Carbon:
Due to the US Administrations Chinese built EV tax laws, the Eletre and Eletre R production IS ON HOLD. For those who have placed an order with me, I will call you to discuss options. There will no longer be an Eletre delivered in the US before 2025. The first Eletre to be built is the Eletre Carbon for the US Market. Please see here for more details:
Lotus Launches New Eletre Carbon and Luxury Bespoke Service in North America - Lotus Cars Media Site "

I inquired yesterday, Dealer said that he received the Sept report that shows my order locked and he hasn't gotten any further updates so far this month.
He sent an inquiry to Lotus to check as the Status has not changed from Locked,
meaning scheduled for production.

Who knows... I'll see if he gets a further update to me later today.
DAMN! That sucks. I hope you get an update soon.

Things like VAT and shipping costs make it hard to just convert cost based on exchange rates. The best way to estimate cost from the UK config would be to first figure out the difference between i4 FEs equipped the same and see how the pricing lines out. from there you can apply that percent difference to the UK base v6. I'm at work now so I cant easily flip flop on a vpn. When I get home Ill see what I put together.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back