Now $105k in the USA. I’m not seeing the value

In the article I posted in another thread it has the price at $108,300 before destination. This is making the first FE batch look like a real bargain and great if you are a flipper.

80 is a reach for me. This all started when I saw “starts at $60,000”, took a day to realize that was pounds, rationalized the base 4 may be $70k US, drove and fell in love with the 6 manual. Now, the end. I’m buying the best certified $75k 4.0 718 Boxster I can find in 2 years. I’ll look forward to enjoying the Emira from afar.

IMHO this is a car that fills a gap in cars that I personally have been waiting decades to find. Dollar value is what I perceive it to be, not what people say it should be. I am a locked FE 1.0 holder, but would not flinch if I had to pay the new price or even a bit higher. In reality a car is after all a car right? In all honesty, is a $250k-500k or above car really BETTER or "NOT TOO MUCH" because of it's name? I am willing to bet more people keep sub $100k cars longer and spend less money driving them then they do cars over $150k. Again, I feel cars are a perceived value to the person buying them.

Last edited:
Way before the Emira was announced, I always thought the Evora GT was overpriced for what it was, so a loaded Emira for the base price of the Evora GT was more reasonable value proposition.

I’d hate to think I’d be out of the Emira over a $10K price increase but with the used market finally softening in the US, there’s lots of fantastic cars out there to be had. Can’t blame people for looking elsewhere. I’m glad I’m “locked in”, and hope my early recognition of great sports cars and patience pay off.

I think the market will ultimately answer that question. I expect the extra FE v2.0 is, or will be, completely sold out without a problem.

How much would people pay for the S/R/GT versions?

Way before the Emira was announced, I always thought the Evora GT was overpriced for what it was, so a loaded Emira for the base price of the Evora GT was more reasonable value proposition.

I’d hate to think I’d be out of the Emira over a $10K price increase but with the used market finally softening in the US, there’s lots of fantastic cars out there to be had. Can’t blame people for looking elsewhere. I’m glad I’m “locked in”, and hope my early recognition of great sports cars and patience pay off.
2019 911T certified at $95k for example.:cool:

I think the market will ultimately answer that question. I expect the extra FE v2.0 is, or will be, completely sold out without a problem.
I agree. Inflation is a real thing and everything has become more expensive. Don't know how much is a fully loaded Cayman 4.0? Add to that the exclusivity factor which is worth something for a few of us. 911 base plus options easily 130. Don't know about Corvettes but that's a different animal for me, and looks are so challenging .

I agree. Inflation is a real thing and everything has become more expensive. Don't know how much is a fully loaded Cayman 4.0? Add to that the exclusivity factor which is worth something for a few of us. 911 base plus options easily 130. Don't know about Corvettes but that's a different animal for me, and looks are so challenging .
There are several sub 5k mile Spyders floating around at $99k. My build for a 4.0 Boxster (lean) would be $95. Most are adding 10k of leather etc so 105k average for a 4.0

My C8 build is $82 with convertible, mag ride, Z51 and base interior. I’d add exhaust, lowering springs, forged wheels and front ppf for another 8-10k. What’s nice about the c8 is there’d be nothing left to mod after the initial stuff.

Last edited:
The real question is, do you want a Lotus? There’s more to them then just the odd panel gap. There is something decidedly different about owning and driving a Lotus. You pay for that privilege . You pay in currency, in time, & downright frustration. The return is visceral and your Porsche or Aston might just as well make you smile they aren’t going to fill the hole that The Drivers have.

The real question is, do you want a Lotus? There’s more to them then just the odd panel gap. There is something decidedly different about owning and driving a Lotus. You pay for that privilege . You pay in currency, in time, & downright frustration. The return is visceral and your Porsche or Aston might just as well make you smile they aren’t going to fill the hole that The Drivers have.
I get it and I’m sad. But the rick doesn’t buy 100k vehicles. And to suggest a 4.0 718 isn’t visceral is a bit shortsighted.

With the sheer amount of people who think their Emira is going to be a daily driver, I'm fairly certain those people would be better supported by a Porsche.

With the sheer amount of people who think their Emira is going to be a daily driver, I'm fairly certain those people would be better supported by a Porsche.
I was going to dd the car including an annual 6k mile cross country trip.

vHFohGu.jpg

Yes I want a Lotus. I am still in. It's not the great deal it used to be, but I am still firmly in. However, at that price I could kick myself if an Emira variant comes out and I could have waited and for a little more got something better. Who am I kidding, I won't come close to reaching the limit on the Emira so I won't need more power or less weight. The next car I want is the Lotus/Alpine EV sports car.

I want new
Mid Engine
Manual
No C8 or Porsche's
No Budget for McLaren or other mid engine cars

Is $105 too much for the Emira iyo?:(

$105k is certainly pushing it. I initially expected the V6 FE to debut at around $85-87k. Then it was revealed at $94k. With black pack options + reg fees + taxes = just over $100k OTD. I was okay with that. But after so many delays, features being removed, and learning about the poor QC going on and all these initial issues, I'm on the fence even while locked in at the original pricing.

I expected the Emira to be a game changer for Lotus... the powertrain is nearly 20 years old and proven and hoped the new facility and all their fancy new automated systems would minimize most of the usual first-year Lotus bugs, but here we are. Most of us expected the car to be released with at least 420-430HP, but here we are with 400 and a lower redline than the Evora GT. The delays, poor comms, and lack of transparency to customers is killing the brand in my eyes.

All that considered, lightly pre-owned 718 GT4s are selling for $120-140k at dealers. You can find 981 GT4s for $90-100k, but they're now 7-8 years old with 20-50k miles. Pre-owned Cayman GTS and Evora GTs are around the same price as a new Emira V6 FE. The new 911 T is $130-150k with options and that's before ADM! I was actually at my local Porsche dealer this weekend and drove a pre-owned GT4 that was $130k! They also had a beautifully spec'd 4RS in the showroom that stickered for $180k. I was ready to throw my money at them until the salesman laughed and said there's $100K ADM on top of the sticker. The car market is crazy these days... what are you gonna do? 🙃

20230318_122050.jpg

20230318_122517.jpg

20230318_122459.jpg

$105k is certainly pushing it. I initially expected the V6 FE to debut at around $85-87k. Then it was revealed at $94k. With black pack options + reg fees + taxes = just over $100k OTD. I was okay with that. But after so many delays, features being removed, and learning about the poor QC going on and all these initial issues, I'm on the fence even while locked in at the original pricing.

I expected the Emira to be a game changer for Lotus... the powertrain is nearly 20 years old and proven and hoped the new facility and all their fancy new automated systems would minimize most of the usual first-year Lotus bugs, but here we are. Most of us expected the car to be released with at least 420-430HP, but here we are with 400 and a lower redline than the Evora GT. The delays, poor comms, and lack of transparency to customers is killing the brand in my eyes.

All that considered, lightly pre-owned 718 GT4s are selling for $120-140k at dealers. You can find 981 GT4s for $90-100k, but they're now 7-8 years old with 20-50k miles. Pre-owned Cayman GTS and Evora GTs are around the same price as a new Emira V6 FE. The new 911 T is $130-150k with options and that's before ADM! I was actually at my local Porsche dealer this weekend and drove a pre-owned GT4 that was $130k! They also had a beautifully spec'd 4RS in the showroom that stickered for $180k. I was ready to throw my money at them until the salesman laughed and said there's $100K ADM on top of the sticker. The car market is crazy these days... what are you gonna do? 🙃

View attachment 24029

View attachment 24030
View attachment 24031
We just missed each other (4pm Saturday) My man (Dave s.) told me I need to S or get off the pot if I want an allocation. I’m torn between a used 4.0 v a new ordered boxster T. The RS is SICK
Chevy is working on a new (tweaked) small block. If the 2025 C8 shows up with say 550hp, I’ll be unable to resist.

Last week, the company announced an $854 million investment into a variety of its plants to build the sixth-generation small-block V-8. It's the first confirmation that GM is working on a new small-block, though the company isn't yet releasing any technical details on the engine.Jan 23, 2023
GM Will Make a New Small-Block V-8, Spending $854 Million ...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back