Votes: 112 34.9%
  • PPF Full Wrap

Votes: 148 46.1%
  • Coloured Full Wrap

Votes: 15 4.7%
  • No Wrap

Votes: 46 14.3%

• Total voters
I got to speak with Tony @ Gator yesterday about PPF for my Emira. I wanted to understand the products, process, warranty, etc. because I'd been hearing conflicting and confusing information about PPF application, etc. For example, someone posted that one dealer's PPF did not "roll over" the edges of the body panels, but I know that I had a conversation with Tony several months ago to clarify this specific point and he assured me that what was being applied did roll over the edges. At the time, I think we were talking about the factory Lotus PPF, but since then I have learned that there are several options.

He explained there are a couple things going on with PPF. Due to the logjam of Emiras at the ports, Lotus was unable to do port install which I guess is what Lotus have done in the past. There is a roving group of official Lotus installers going from dealer to dealer installing the Factory Warranted PPF...this confirms something I'd heard from another Emira owner who got delivery from a dealer here in NC. In addition, Gator is applying their own PPF and sounds like other dealers are offering similar options. Gator's is a different product with a different warranty from the official Lotus PPF.

Hope this helps connect some dots for some of you...it did for me.

They're applying my PPF as I write this. :)

Did Tony reconfirm that the PPF is roll over? And do they use pre-cut templates or is it cut to the car?

I am curious to see any silver/grey Emiras wrapped with matte PPF. Feels like it would either be a shame to hide the original metallic or be totally awesome.

I am curious to see any silver/grey Emiras wrapped with matte PPF. Feels like it would either be a shame to hide the original metallic or be totally awesome.
Can't speak to the silver/grey part (and I'd be interested in seeing it too), but I can personally say that the Emira's shape looks fantastic with matte PPF. Unexpectedly, I found it really brings out the lines of the design, because there is no reflection of the environment to distract your eye.

I was a little nervous pulling the trigger (having it applied before I even took delivery!) but am 100% stoked with how it looks on my Seneca. Under bright sun, you can still see a bit of metallic sparkle, but no matter what weather / light conditions are, I still just go out and stare at the amazing creases down the side and sigh...

< goes outside to have another look >

Last edited:
Can't speak to the silver/grey part (and I'd be interested in seeing it too), but I can personally say that the Emira look fantastic with matte PPF. Unexpectedly, I found it really brings out the lines of the design, because there is no reflection of the environment to distract your eye.

I was a little nervous pulling the trigger (having it applied before I even took delivery!) but am 100% stoked with how it looks on my Seneca. Under bright sun, you can still see a bit of metallic sparkle, but no matter what weather / light conditions are, I still just go out and stare at the amazing creases down the side and sigh...

Totally agree. The blue in matte looks amazing. That verdant green looks pretty great too.
I did my nimbus grey in gloss ppf, but I suspect the matte would look fantastic.

Reactions: ADC
Can't speak to the silver/grey part (and I'd be interested in seeing it too), but I can personally say that the Emira's shape looks fantastic with matte PPF. Unexpectedly, I found it really brings out the lines of the design, because there is no reflection of the environment to distract your eye.

Car to share some pics of your car with the Matte PPF? I would love to see it.

Did Tony reconfirm that the PPF is roll over? And do they use pre-cut templates or is it cut to the car?
I think the answers may depend on whether you get the Lotus PPF or the Xpel option Gator is offering through an independent installer. I went with the Xpel and it does roll over most edges, but I don't know if they are precut templates. I've heard the factor PPF is precut templates, but that wasn't from Tony.

I picked up my Emira from PFS in Santa Ana, Ca today.
They did a two step correction and polish as the dealership guys seem to have done more harm than help with their polishing.
Went with full vehicle PPF, diffuser included, relief cuts filled, plus added the factory style wheel opening PPF back and did the vertical inner door sills.
Also did their Silver level ceramic coating, and wheels off cleaning and coating. As well as 70% windshield tint and 55% on all the other windows (minus the engine cover glass).

I can’t believe how nice the car looks now. The paint is perfect, absolutely pristine. The PPF and coating add even more depth. The color was overwhelming in the hot SoCal sun today. I love it.

PFS knocked it out of the park, I’m very happy.

IMG_5716.jpeg

I picked up my Emira from PFS in Santa Ana, Ca today.
They did a two step correction and polish as the dealership guys seem to have done more harm than help with their polishing.
Went with full vehicle PPF, diffuser included, relief cuts filled, plus added the factory style wheel opening PPF back and did the vertical inner door sills.
Also did their Silver level ceramic coating, and wheels off cleaning and coating. As well as 70% windshield tint and 55% on all the other windows (minus the engine cover glass).

I can’t believe how nice the car looks now. The paint is perfect, absolutely pristine. The PPF and coating add even more depth. The color was overwhelming in the hot SoCal sun today. I love it.

PFS knocked it out of the park, I’m very happy.

View attachment 47537
If you don’t mind me asking, what did that run you? I’m getting quotes between $5500 and 7k here in inland empire and surrounding areas.

Thanks @seriously. I'm starting to align on how I plan to do this and have ordered some products. But I'm not getting why use a foam cannon, if you're just going to use a mitt on the surface anyway. Then why not just regular car wash suds? I was thinking, but am probably wrong about this, that the whole idea of the foam cannon is to avoid rubbing the surface. Or is the foam cannon with high pressure wash, as you mention, designed to get most of the grit off the surface before you then use the mitt? If so, would one of the foam sprayer attachments to a garden hose suffice in that regard?
I have a detailing business ‘suddzmobiledetailing’ follow me on IG :)
You don’t need a foam cannon, but it does help where it’ll encapsulate the door and grime and have a less chance of scratching the surface. But having PPF is a huge help as the water just falls off the car. I use separate micro fiber towels for each panel going from top to bottom and use straight line motions and not circular.

I usually rinse with the pressure washer first to get the light dust and grime off. Foam it let it sit and run down while I do the wheels, rinse off and n then foam again with the contact wash, rinse and then dry.

If you don’t mind me asking, what did that run you? I’m getting quotes between $5500 and 7k here in inland empire and surrounding areas.
Since he won't answer, I'll try my best since I heard they're super expensive.

Full wrap + ceramic + tinting for $9700 including tax from various forums on the internet. They are a high end center that deals with exotic and luxury cars.

Back