• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

📓 Journals People's reaction to your Emira

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
I have Nimus Grey Emira that I park at work in the front bays outside the office I work from. Quite often people take photos and do selfies near it. Now I’m driving a loan Emira in blue I’m getting a new surge of watchers. Wait till mine comes back in yellow. 😃
One of my colleagues to our neighbouring unit I had it resprayed as bored of the colour. 😂

You guys ever see a DOG freeze and check out your car ? I swear it happens to me.
Ha yes that happened to me once. It saw my car from the front and started to b-line until the owner pulled him away

Also had a baby like 2 years old just point to my car as I drove by

I have Nimus Grey Emira that I park at work in the front bays outside the office I work from. Quite often people take photos and do selfies near it. Now I’m driving a loan Emira in blue I’m getting a new surge of watchers. Wait till mine comes back in yellow. 😃
One of my colleagues to our neighbouring unit I had it resprayed as bored of the colour. 😂

IMG_7413.jpeg

Didn’t seem creepy until the later parts of my trip with less freeway, was coming back from Monterey Car week, my suspicion is they wanted to carjack at gunpoint.
Was it you I waved to in the Magma Red outside of Pacific Grove on Friday afternoon by chance? Was in my Dark Verdant.

Was it you I waved to in the Magma Red outside of Pacific Grove on Friday afternoon by chance? Was in my Dark Verdant.

Yes most likely! There weren't too many Emiras out at Car Week, I think I only counted 5 or 6.

I think I also saw delirium with his EMIRAFE plates.

Yes most likely! There weren't too many Emiras out at Car Week, I think I only counted 5 or 6.

I think I also saw delirium with his EMIRAFE plates.
Nice! Yours was my first sighting in the wild.

Was taking sunrise pics with a family friend this morning and a cop spotted us stopped in the middle of the road. He rolled up and just grinned for a bit. (didn't ask if those tire marks were mine either, maybe he knows that people buy these to keep traction..)

"Enjoy it!", and off he went.

More pics soon on the Nimbus thread!

1000002850.jpg

The attention the car gets is a tricky thing for me.

I guess I like the CAR getting attention, but I dont like attention to ME.

I like that people view it as a thing of beauty, but, I dont usually like being attributed with it.
Some would say I am lying, but, its the truth.

In other words, on most occasions, I don't want attention to me. I dont want to be "look at me".

I also don't like talking about it at gas stations and stuff, because, I am very intorverted.

(But, I guess its my fault to buy a car that looks like that).

However, I'll admit it: on some rare occasions I feel pretty cool in it.
Usually in fancy areas where people wont know me (other neighborhoods).

But I am overthinking. I need to be less self conscious about it..

After all, most people don't view me as a some douche in it, most people just seem to love and respect it.

I think its as pretty as a Ferrari (prettier actually) but somehow less ostentatious (mines nimbus).

The bottom line: It turns heads everywhere. And it seems to give a big dopamine spike to people.

So I think it truly brings joy to people just to see such a moving work of art.
Here’s a healthy way to think about it: people’s reaction is not about you (they don’t know you) it is about the car. You have a common passion. You just happen to to be the legal owner of that common passion.

Busy day.

1 young guy (maybe 20s) crossing in front on a walk light, takes notice of the car and has visible confusion on his face, slows down, full neck crane as he passes, he stops, leans in to read the badge, shows even more visual confusion after seeing what it is, finally reaches the other side of the street and yells back, "that's such a beautiful car, let me hear it!" The Emira rev is not that impressive, so I played it coy. That was funny enough I might go pull it off the dash cam.

Another guy walks up, "thank you for driving that today. What a beautiful thing. Please tell me you're taking that to a track today! I laughed and said "nah it's just pulling daily driver duty today". He gave a big thumbs up and a smile.

2 more "beautiful car" comments from random passers by.

None of this included the cars and coffee I hit this morning, where the car got its usual amount of interest (quite a bit). I was the only Emira there, though there were 2 Elise and 1 Esprit.

In three days I've had:

People try to race me and swerve to block me.
Kids chase me across a parking lot to take a picture.
A car with the driver and both occupants pull alongside and all three try to take pictures while grinning and giving thumbs up
Bikers, truckers, and cops draw alongside to check it out.
A neighbor kid beg for a ride. (It was out of tour mode briefly 😆)

So far it's pretty awesome.

In three days I've had:

People try to race me and swerve to block me.
Kids chase me across a parking lot to take a picture.
A car with the driver and both occupants pull alongside and all three try to take pictures while grinning and giving thumbs up
Bikers, truckers, and cops draw alongside to check it out.
A neighbor kid beg for a ride. (It was out of tour mode briefly 😆)

So far it's pretty awesome.

I definitely get the most thumbs up from motorcycles.