• The August 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 August 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Privacy glass “double negative” option

This is a Nimbus with privacy glass. Depending on the angle you look at the engine the glass can look darker but you can definitely see it.
IMG_9116.jpeg
IMG_9113.jpeg
IMG_9114.jpeg
IMG_9115.jpeg

Does the heat from the engine not cause the tint to bubble? I went to tint mine and the tint company stated that it would not last long due to the engine heat. So since the little behind the seats to see into the engine compartment, I tinted that instead so that people are not looking at the back of my head. :)

Does the heat from the engine not cause the tint to bubble? I went to tint mine and the tint company stated that it would not last long due to the engine heat. So since the little behind the seats to see into the engine compartment, I tinted that instead so that people are not looking at the back of my head. :)

Factory tint is embedded within the glass. It can withstand the heat.

This is a Nimbus with privacy glass. Depending on the angle you look at the engine the glass can look darker but you can definitely see it.

Agreed. The engine is very visible even with privacy glass.

Needing clarification. On order form from Lotus, line 30 reads Privacy Glass Delete. If (Yes) is entered it means you will not be getting the Privacy Glass and if (No) is entered it means you will be getting the Privacy Glass. Is this correct?

Needing clarification. On order form from Lotus, line 30 reads Privacy Glass Delete. If (Yes) is entered it means you will not be getting the Privacy Glass and if (No) is entered it means you will be getting the Privacy Glass. Is this correct?
Yes. This statement(above) is accurate. By checking Yes you are confirming that you wish privacy glass to be deleted from your configuration. Many are wondering why it wasn't: check yes or no for privacy glass desire.
Not sure of your preference but I have Privacy glass and visibility aft is more than adequate. It matches the black surround trim. As far as I can glean, anyone wanting to feature the V6 engine skips Privacy. The i4 has a different somewhat bland in comparison appearance.
Upper black pack is a whole other debate.
Choose what moves you.

Yes. This statement(above) is accurate. By checking Yes you are confirming that you wish privacy glass to be deleted from your configuration. Many are wondering why it wasn't: check yes or no for privacy glass desire.
Not sure of your preference but I have Privacy glass and visibility aft is more than adequate. It matches the black surround trim. As far as I can glean, anyone wanting to feature the V6 engine skips Privacy. The i4 has a different somewhat bland in comparison appearance.
Upper black pack is a whole other debate.
Choose what moves you.
Thank you for the clarification.
I opted for no privacy glass or upper black pack. I think those option's looks great together. But I was going for that old school look with nimbus gray. Also my Nismo has the black roof and black wheels which I love, just looking for a different look on my Emira.
20240714_125156.jpg

Last edited: