• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Race to the first i4

System issues were obviously sorted out...

Checkout now complete and order confirmed... Excited! 😃

View attachment 38178

Likewise, the only problem now is that it is now down to Lotus :ROFLMAO:

Hopefully it's not going to be too long until they get back to me to sort out next steps.

Turns out being gifted this at the weekend was a good portent (ok so it is a "V6" and not quite the right spec, but close enough!!)

20240305_164200.JPG

Are the test drive e-mails that Lotus sent this afternoon actually for the AMG? It is really unclear says First Edition and then seperately V6!! I booked to be told they are unavailable

Yep I’m All done as well. Have not been sent an invoice yet
That's clearly the next step... involving human intervention no doubt - hopefully won't take too long! 🤞

Although, apparently I have paid (nope, I really haven't!!)... Didn't expect their systems to give accurate information though, I suppose, not after the (poor state of / lack of) information we have received to date...

1709661054887.png

Are the test drive e-mails that Lotus sent this afternoon actually for the AMG? It is really unclear says First Edition and then seperately V6!! I booked to be told they are unavailable
I *think* the email is supposed to be for the I4, but when you click through you can then select from the 'Eletre', 'Emira V6' or 'Emira First Edition' (which I am assuming is the I4)... Unsurprisingly, the written comms and the systems behind the booking system are shockingly bad.

Apparently mine is available for delivery as of today, before I finally commit I wanted to check out some insurances prices given the recent hikes, however I can’t get a quote as the i4 is not on the insurance system, anyone had a quote yet or know how this works?

Thanks

Apparently mine is available for delivery as of today, before I finally commit I wanted to check out some insurances prices given the recent hikes, however I can’t get a quote as the i4 is not on the insurance system, anyone had a quote yet or know how this works?

Thanks
I got one quote back from Compare the Market and it was over £1000. I'm hoping the underwriters will get it onto their systems soon but it sounds like your need is more urgent. I am speaking to AIB currently following a recommendation on here. I can update tomorrow on the premium when they call me back.

You might be the first UK delivery then. When did you place your original deposit?

I got one quote back from Compare the Market and it was over £1000. I'm hoping the underwriters will get it onto their systems soon but it sounds like your need is more urgent. I am speaking to AIB currently following a recommendation on here. I can update tomorrow on the premium when they call me back.

You might be the first UK delivery then. When did you place your original deposit?
Deposit was placed early sept 21 from memory.

Deposit was placed early sept 21 from memory.
I test drove the i4 today.My car is apparently built and if I choose to commit ready for delivery in 3/4 weeks.
My insurance company said it would add just under £1,000 to my annual premium and a Tracker was essential.
I placed my order in June 2021.
Now deciding whether to drop nearly £82,000(over £85,000 list price now) on a new car that is likely to lose significant value in the next year judging by V6 values.Whilst I have no plans to move it on swiftly it will need to be a keeper to justify the investment.Or do I wait for used stock to materialise in a year or so and save a decent chunk of cash.Decisions.Decisions.

Weren't the UK i4 deliveries supposed to start in June? Or am I misremembering the time line they put out?
I thought the same, but yesterday my checkout link went live, its a pleasant surprise but a bit of a logistical problem as I wasn’t expecting anything for a few more months, getting an insurance quote is also proving an issue. I must admit I’m thinking along the same lines as Ratters above.

its a pleasant surprise but a bit of a logistical problem
Me too. Lotus actually managed to cause even more problems by over delivering this time! I hadn’t planned for the cash flow and the insurance is proving a challenge. I placed my deposit 5/8/21 so I guess we’re all in a similar ballpark. I’m not sure what’s influencing the delivery order. This free servicing offer for March deliveries seems a bit ill-conceived too if it’s a complete lottery whether your car is ready in time. They should be offering it to all the early depositors.

Weren't the UK i4 deliveries supposed to start in June? Or am I misremembering the time line they put out?
They gave a timescale of "by summer" and someone managed to get that meant they were targeting deliveries by June. Which deliveries starting in March does theoretically fit in with as they will be getting the cars out before summer. For once being overly pessimistic on timescales.

I thought the same, but yesterday my checkout link went live, its a pleasant surprise but a bit of a logistical problem as I wasn’t expecting anything for a few more months, getting an insurance quote is also proving an issue. I must admit I’m thinking along the same lines as Ratters above.
I fortunately don't have the logistical challenges as this actually fits with the original timescale I was given of 2024 Q1 car production which I was working around. Essentially, if they hadn't sent out the email in September moving things forwards to October I wouldn't have felt any delay!

wait for used stock to materialise in a year
I wonder whether there will many used i4s in the short term. I think there must have been a fairly high attrition rate over the last 2.5 years with only really committed people who are looking for keepers sticking with their orders. Hopefully they've ironed out most of the early niggles too so there should be less i4 owners losing faith with excessive repairs and recalls. Also, the flippers will have been put off by the lack of premiums on the V6.

Spotted this post on Facebook by the factory dealership:

Looks to be no ADAS pod on the front, would be good to get info from any test drives if there are any of the ADAS features on the demonstrators ("Intelligent" Speed Assist being the one I'd be happy to not see)

1000010392.png

I wonder whether there will many used i4s in the short term. I think there must have been a fairly high attrition rate over the last 2.5 years with only really committed people who are looking for keepers sticking with their orders. Hopefully they've ironed out most of the early niggles too so there should be less i4 owners losing faith with excessive repairs and recalls. Also, the flippers will have been put off by the lack of premiums on the V6.
Agree, must have been a lot of cancellation. I placed my order in December 2022 so surprised my car is going to be available so quickly. Thought would have to wait until earlier orders filled. Does make you wonder if there will be excess supply v demand.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back